Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
iCloud works if you use Migration Assistant. Again, its a hit & miss

----------

Its already under development. We will release it tonight or tomorrow. It will be a modified OSInstall.mpkg

Alright. I am still uploading my own method of installation because it works differently and does different things. I am hoping to make the most simple as possible way to put mountain lion on unsupported macs.

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Alright. I am still uploading my own method of installation because it works differently and does different things. I am hoping to make the most simple as possible way to put mountain lion on unsupported macs.

See my thread, the simplest method ever, has been launched XD. A joint development between me and @MLForAll

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
See my thread, the simplest method ever, has been launched XD. A joint development between me and @MLForAll

Ya, I saw that. My goal is to simply install the hack and you can install ml as you would on any other mac. I am trying to mod the packages in the ml installer so it actually installs the kexts when you install ml and there is no need for hack.command at the end. I was also hoping to make it so you can just double click on the ml installer in your applications folder so you don't need a flash drive.

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ya, I saw that. My goal is to simply install the hack and you can install ml as you would on any other mac. I am trying to mod the packages in the ml installer so it actually installs the kexts when you install ml and there is no need for hack.command at the end. I was also hoping to make it so you can just double click on the ml installer in your applications folder so you don't need a flash drive.

Lmao. Have you actually tested the app? Thumb drive is not required.

BIG SnickerS

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
MacBook Pro Late 2006

My MacBook Pro Late 2006 doesn't want to work with Mountain Lion. Did everything by instruction... after installing it doesn't want to run.. Loads ML and after loading I'm stuck with white screen and a black pointer, that I can only move.. Any solutions? My Macbook uses ATI Radeon X1600 126Mb graphics card...

BIG SnickerS

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
Works

Op, successfully working... macbook pro late 2006 with ati radeon x1600... (os x 10.8.2, Hack ML V2). Didn't work with os x 10.8.3 and Hack ML V3.
Works stable... except one kernel panic after installing Little Snitch

Needleroozer

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2013
V3 working on MacBookPro 2,2

The V3 hack worked great for me. I needed to apply the chmod and chown terminal commands from step 7 to both ML Setup and ML. After that, it's worked fine. I have been able to connect to Bonjour Macs on my WiFi network, X1600 graphics work (smooth animations, transparent menu bar, etc.), sleep works, and audio works. The Caps Lock and Num Lock keys activate separately and correctly. However, iCloud and iMessage do not work, as is normal: I didn't use Migration Assistant, as I don't have 10.7 and thus have no iCloud settings to transfer. Also, the iSight camera is laggy, but I never use it anyways.

Thank you, MLforAll!

It would be great if you and hackerwayne could get the MLPostFactor V0.2 for X1600 out soon, though, since this hack is still using the DP1 extensions.

Last edited:

solmich

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2013
X1600 iMac5.1 Working!

Btw.. found a better fix for X1600. Feel free to add it to your guide. Just remember to give credit ;D

1. Install ML as per my guide. Without any patch etc.
2. Boot up to desktop. NO GRAPHICS ACC WHATSOEVER!
3. Replace the kexts/bundles with these.
4. Replace OpenGL
5. Done! DVDPlayer works too!
Done

1000x Thanks! (created account to write this...)

iMac5.1,C2D 2.1GHz,3GB,250GB,ML 10.8 GM

T909

Suspended
Aug 16, 2008
Europe
Hey
It doesn't start up.
I did everything and it went well, but it doesnt start up. :( All I get is some round and ..kinda like forbidden sign.

remembrancenn

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
Gma 950 & 10.8.5

Hi, thanks for your work! This is best solution I've found for my MacBook2,1 (Mid 2007) (MLPostfactor does not work for me)

I was able to install 10.8.1 using ML4All and update to 10.8.5 using combo update. After update I've applied commands from Hack.command (except OpenGL.framework commands). And system is starting now, but can't start QE on my Intel GMA 950 and Wifi reporting timeout error.
Have you any solution for GMA 950?

I used Hack ML v2

The same for Hack v3: GMA 950 working in "safe mode" with no QE :(

Any Ideas how to run QE on GMA 950?

Last edited:

remembrancenn

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
Solved!

Gosh... after the week of installations I was able to install 10.8.4 using MLPostfactor v0.3 It started working from USB when I removed all partitions on my HD. Thanks for your work again! I'll try to support the project :cool:

ringlike

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2014
ML and MacPro 1,1

Hi!
Does MLPostFactor or MLforAll work for a MacPro 1,1 with ATI Radeon HD 5770?
Thanks for any information.

Dark Dragoon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2006
UK
Hi!
Does MLPostFactor or MLforAll work for a MacPro 1,1 with ATI Radeon HD 5770?
Thanks for any information.
Is there a specific reason you want to run Mountain Lion over Mavericks?

I don't know about Mountain Lion and MLPostFactor or MLforAll on a Mac Pro 1,1.
But you can now easily install and run Mavericks on a Mac Pro 1,1/2,1 with Tiamo's boot.efi, with everything working.
There's even a tool that Oemden made called SFOTT which automates creating the custom installer, if you don't want to make the changes manually.

If you are interested in Mavericks on a Mac Pro 1,1 take a look at this thread:-
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1598176/

ringlike

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2014
ML on MacPro 1,1

Thanks for your suggestion. The reason for upgrading to ML and not Mavericks is that with Mavericks the iPhone calendar and contact can only be synchronized by means of the iCloud. I don't like this

cloud4607

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
Hi all, i have a macbook 2,1 mid-2007 fully working on 10.8.2 using this guide :cool:
If i upgrade to 10.8.5, will my GMA950 still work with QE? Or should i stay with the 10.8.2? Thanks in advance

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark

Thanks for your suggestion. The reason for upgrading to ML and not Mavericks is that with Mavericks the iPhone calendar and contact can only be synchronized by means of the iCloud. I don't like this
That is not correct. I use CalDav and Exchange on Mavericks without a hitch. Including on my iPhone, even though I don't see what that has to do with Mavericks.

f2rhero

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2015
Request valid link

please give me the link to download, I can not download at the link :)

sorry my bad english

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.