Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Quick Tip: There is a com.Boot.efi.plist file in OSXE 1.3b3. This is to disable rootless during the Installation and when booting to the system. Replace in both the Core Services and in the SystemConfiguration folders. Alternatively you can try this code:
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist "Kernel Flags" -string "rootless=0"
sudo plutil -convert xml1 /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
sudo reboot

Reactions: TimothyR734

wolf1734

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2014
France
hello
El Capitan I installed on a mac pro with usb 1.1. now we can put dp2 pikeyosefix.pkg as you use with or Yosemite then this works pas.cordialement

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
hello
El Capitan I installed on a mac pro with usb 1.1. now we can put dp2 pikeyosefix.pkg as you use with or Yosemite then this works pas.cordialement

Yep. 666sheep got it to work.

gpatpandp: PlatformSupport.plist does mean nothing in this case, so it can be safely ignored.
When I'll have some time I'll try to get PikeYoseFix running on ElCap to make updates painless again.

EDIT:
I have very good news: PikeYoseFix works perfectly with DP2 after adding rootless=0 to com.apple.Boot.plist. You need to reboot of course after editing the file.
Ignore incompatibility message during installation and choose "install anyway".

I was getting strange error during installation of script in DP1 (unfortunately didn't take a screenshot and I don't remember what the message was saying).

wolf1734

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2014
France
hello TRMJIJ
I do not understand the passage rootless = 0 to com.apple.Boot.plist. you must write this command any place
should it do so before or after putting pikeyosefix thank you

wolf1734

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2014
France
Hello I wanted to know how to install(settle) dp2 of El Capitan on a pimp pro 2,1 taken care steps.
He(It) works at the moment with El Capitan dp1, me you remerci.
Cordially

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Hello I wanted to know how to install(settle) dp2 of El Capitan on a pimp pro 2,1 taken care steps.
He(It) works at the moment with El Capitan dp1, me you remerci.
Cordially
add rootless=0 to com.apple.Boot.plist
Install @666sheep's PikeYoseFix and restart your Mac twice the make sure it is active.
Download and install the update.

That's all I can tell you for now since we in this thread don't know much of anything about Mac Pro 1,1 and 2,1 hence the reason why there is another thread for those models. I'll continue to look more into this. Why aren't they helping you there?

Last edited:

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
OS X Extractor 1.3 Beta 3 will likely have these feature (if I can get them to work right)
  • Fix for the missing Boot.efi from Beta 2
  • A launchd daemon installer that automatically checks/deletes the platforzmsupport.plist and replaces the Boot.efi (for EFI32 Macs)
  • OS X Recovery Patcher 1.0
Any other requests? I don't whether to release it this week of next week. If I knew when the public beta was coming I would go ahead to push more betas. Who wants it this week?

wolf1734

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2014
France
Good evening TMRJIJ I have to install(settle) the yosefix patch of pike restarted. Then I put dp2 of El Capitan at the time of the restart I have to change boot Efi in both place and maintaining El Capitan works with the DP2.
Thank you has you and has all those who one made it possible.
Cordially

BruceWayne54

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
Austin, TX
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 2 2 and I'm currently running Yosemite 10.10.4. I've been following the steps on the guide but on step 16, I couldn't find com.apple.Boot.plist in /System/Library/CoreServices on my install drive. Should I just skip this step or is there something else that I have to do? I also don't have a "Kernels" folder in my OS X Hackers Patch Files either...

Last edited:

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
I couldn't find com.apple.Boot.plist in /System/Library/CoreServices on my install drive. Should I just skip this step or is there something else that I have to do? I also don't have a "Kernels" folder in my OS X Hackers Patch Files either...

The 'com.apple.Boot.plist' is located in '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/' and the Kernel file can be extracted with Pacifist from InstallESD.dmg -> Packages -> Essentials.pkg -> /System/Library/Kernels/kernel .

BruceWayne54

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
Austin, TX
So I've managed to boot into the El Capitan install partition, but once I get to the welcome screen, it won't let me do anything at all. Like you can see the different languages flying by, but other than that, it's completely stuck. any ideas as to what might be causing this? I'm on a MacBook Pro 2,2 (2.33 GHz core 2 duo, 3 gb ram, ati radeon x1600). Thanks!

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
So I've managed to boot into the El Capitan install partition, but once I get to the welcome screen, it won't let me do anything at all.

I've had the same result with the Developer Beta 1 on my MBP2,2 (see the Posts #18, #32). The Beta 2 was only a Delta Update, therefore I couldn't test it with the patched Installer. The Transfer of a installed OSX 10.11 from a supported Mac to the MBP2,2 (it has always worked for OSX 10.10 Yosemite since the Public Beta) doesn't work at the moment neither for OSX 10.11 DB1 nor DB2 (see Post #37). I hope that the issues lie only in the early Beta and will be solved in the next versions ....

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
don't know what I'm doing wrong. I attached my hd to my Mac Pro installed el capitan beta 2 and then replaced the 2 efi with pike. Should have been easy according to the first post. System hangs at  logo with flashing folder and ? mark. What didn't I do? Been at this for hours. Please help.

wolf1734

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2014
France
don't know what I'm doing wrong. I attached my hd to my Mac Pro installed el capitan beta 2 and then replaced the 2 efi with pike. Should have been easy according to the first post. System hangs at  logo with flashing folder and ? mark. What didn't I do? Been at this for hours. Please help.

Good evening

You can try repair the authorizations of the hard disk El Capitan

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
Good evening

You can try repair the authorizations of the hard disk El Capitan

repaired permissions or in El Capitan (Macbook Pro I have SSD Attached to) I guess it's called First Aid now and I also blessed it in Terminal. Still flashing folder with ? mark. I'm going to reinstall El Capitan and see if that helps then add Piker boot.efi to the 2 locations and see if that helps.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
repaired permissions or in El Capitan (Macbook Pro I have SSD Attached to) I guess it's called First Aid now and I also blessed it in Terminal. Still flashing folder with ? mark. I'm going to reinstall El Capitan and see if that helps then add Piker boot.efi to the 2 locations and see if that helps.
Folder with an ? mark? Please keep us updated with your progress. That is weird.
Your particular model will probably find better help in @Mr. Zarniwoop 's thread.

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
IMG_0140-e1436307388783.jpg
Folder with an ? mark? Please keep us updated with your progress. That is weird.
Your particular model will probably find better help in @Mr. Zarniwoop 's thread.
No change.... Reinstalled, replaced both efi, repaired permissions, blessed, flashing question mark still... I even created a bootable usb can't get that to start, even tried doing an old one "Mavericks" using createmedia in order to try and restore/set drive as the boot drive. won't start. confused at this point. will try other threads but I think I'm screwed...

Last edited:

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Still no luck to run a transferred OSX 10.11 via USB-Thumdrive from a supported Mac on a MBP2,2 with the new Developer Beta 3 (15A216g) as described in the Posts #37, #65 .... :(

Edit: It must have something to do with USB - if the transferred OSX 10.11 runs from a SSD, connected via eSATA (ExpressCard34) then it boots completely, but gets stuck on the Desktop, because the internal Keyboard/Trackpad or a external USB-KB/Mouse don't work. With a patched DB1/PB1-Installer it gets stuck on the OSX Welcome-screen ....

Last edited:

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
Still no luck to run a transferred OSX 10.11 from a supported Mac on a MBP2,2 with the new Developer Beta 3 (15A216g) as described in the Posts #37, #65 .... :(

Ditto been at this for 3 days now and was running the latest Yosemite with no problems. For whatever reason, I can't get 10.11 to work at all. Just. Won't. Boot.

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
I can't get 10.11 to work at all. Just. Won't. Boot.

It boots on the MBP2,2 - but only until two third of the progress bar, then it stops with the 'No Entry' sign. While the transfer from a supported Mac to the MBP2,2 has always worked with OSX 10.10 Yosemite since the Public Beta, this method doesn't work at the moment for OSX 10.11 DB1/2/3.

Edit: This occurs with USB - if the transferred OSX 10.11 runs from a SSD, connected via eSATA (ExpressCard34) then it boots completely, but gets stuck on the Desktop, because the internal Keyboard/Trackpad or a external USB-KB/Mouse don't work. With a patched DB1/PB1-Installer it gets stuck on the OSX Welcome-screen ....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.