Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

darthgeekonius

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2014
Delaware
It boots on the MBP2,2 - but only until two third of the progress bar, then it stops with the 'No Entry' sign. While the transfer from a supported Mac to the MBP2,2 has always worked with OSX 10.10 Yosemite since the Public Beta, this method doesn't work at the moment for OSX 10.11 DB1/2/3.

I would welcome even that much at this point. I can install from usb but after that, won't boot. I wish someone could help. even tried the terminal command sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0" and I get command not found....

Reactions: TimothyR734

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
OS X Extractor 1.3 Beta 3

iu.jpeg

Jony Ive Parody Speech: “As the new Chief Design Office at Apple, I decided to expand my design to this pathetic hacking team. OS X Extractor is truly a remarkable Installer. The new OS X Extractor is a result of collective obsession to make everything inside it thin and light for download but at the same time powerful and efficient. This version of OSXE even in it's beta form is unapolegetically thinner than the current 1.2 version. The design of the Installer is so innovative, that it as well as the guide doesn't need to work half of the time. OS X Hackers app has been designed from the ground up to support the incredible capabilities of the Retina Display on the newest MacBooks and 5K iMac. This of course is completely pointless since this forum thread targets the people who don't have modern Macs to be able to enjoy its beauty and the developers who are suppose to be working Graphics Acceleration right now are actually playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on their PCs. The Installer itself has been improved as well. Now we no longer have random copies of resources everywhere during compiling. This is to ensure that you get the correct patches for each version of OS X and to ensure the installation is faster than the time it will take you and me the read this sente .er . . oh wait it's already done. This truly is the best beta release of OS X Extractor we have ever made."

Caution: Upgrade from OSXE1.2 to OSXE1.3b3 might result in some file corruption. Remove the files in your Applications beforehand.

Here is OS X Extractor v1.3 Beta 3. It is for Developers and people who can diagnose their Macs if something goes wrong.

A OSXE update is recommended to assist you in installing OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks on your old Mac. Also, by updating the system software of your Mac, you can enjoy various additional features and enhanced security. Always use to the latest version.
Never download this from any other provider. All links must be from these forums or directly from our server. This is to ensure that nothing was tampered with and that you have the most reliable and tested stuff.

This Update Includes:
  • Bug Fixes
  • Added OS X Recovery Patcher Beta 1
  • Fixed missing Boot.efi Issue
  • Added 10.11 Kernel and OSInstall.mpkg
  • Maintenance, Graphics Disabler, and AirDrop Scripts are now within Installers
  • Removed XPostFactor due to lack of Support and Users
  • Addresses Issue where some El Capitan and Yosemite is greyed out for some users (make sure installer is in your Applications Folder)
  • Fixed Developer link in the ReadMe section.
  • Fixed inaccurate French language for some words.

Other features added in Previous Betas:
  • Support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
  • New Structure with Installer
  • Smarter Requirements Checker that can detect the OS X Installer App
  • More Comprehensive Installation Type
  • Smaller Installer Size (unapolegetically thinner)
  • Bug Fixes
Developer Focus Area:
  • ****Random Error during Boot up (No idea what causes this or if the 64bit Boot.efi needs to be worked on)****
  • Installing OS X El Capitan Beta
  • Kexts
  • General Reliability
  • Rootless Disabling

Download Size: 184 MB

Prerequisites
Tested Macs listed below. Here are the minimum requirements:
- Running 10.7 Lion
- At least 2GB of RAM.
- A copy of Yosemite or Mavericks in Applications Folder (.app file preferred)
- 15 GB of free space from USB or HDD Partition.

-MacBook2,x
-MacBook3,x
-MacBook4,x
-MacBookPro2,x
-MacBookAir1,1
-MacMini1,x (C2D upgraded)
-MacMini2,x
-iMac4,x (C2D can be upgraded)
-iMac5,x

We DON'T assist with Hackintosh. All private messages/emails involving installing OS X on non-Apple hardware will be redirected to another support team.

How to Use It:
1. Download OS X Extractor
2. Install it. Choose a version of OS X to get the correct patches.
3. Open OS X Hackers in your Applications and view to corresponding guide the OS you choose. (Use Post 1 right now)

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
OS X El Capitan Public Beta has been released today. The current beta version of OSXE1.3 Beta will not install for public beta users. I will push out an fix for that later on but a current workaround might be to rename the installer app to 'Install OS X 10.11 Developer Beta.app'

Last edited:

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
A short test with the new OSX 10.11 Public Beta 1 as patched USB-Installer - it still doesn't work on the MBP2,2. It boots until two third of the progress bar, then it stops with the 'No Entry' sign. This has something to do with USB, the patched Installer ran from a USB-Thumbdrive. If the patched Installer runs from a SSD, connected via eSATA (ExpressCard34) then it boots completely, but gets stuck on the OSX Welcome-screen and the internal Keyboard/Trackpad or a external USB-KB/Mouse don't work .... :(

Last edited:

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
A short test with the new OSX 10.11 Public Beta 1 as patched Installer - it still doesn't work on the MBP2,2. It boots until two third of the progress bar, then it stops with the 'No Entry' sign .... :(
Did you find anything in verbose mode? I couldn't. Either the boot.efi or something in the SystemConfiguration folder is causing this.

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
Hey nice guys, i need some help,,
well i only got old MacBook White 13" Early 2008 Intel Duo2Core 2,4GHz/ 4Gb RAM 667MHz/ Intel Graphics X3100 144MB,
So,,before, i had Lion 10.7.5, now, i got also, Mavericks10.9.5 and Yosemite 10.10.4 where i'm typing right now,, and, after looking on apple store i saw El Capitan,, but overtime i click " download " i got this,,any other way to get this El Capitan? Would love to try it,,all other systems are running very well and faster with SSD Kingston,,only imovie wan't run,, but, i don't use it,,;) ;) ;) ;) help,,
Capture d’écran 2015-07-10 à 02.26.13.png

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Here is OS X Extractor v1.3 Preview Beta 1

Caution: Upgrade from OSXE1.2 to OSXE1.3pb1 might result in some file corruption. Remove the files in your Applications beforehand.

Here is OS X Extractor v1.3 Preview Beta 1. It is for Developers and people who can diagnose their Macs if something goes wrong.

A OSXE update is recommended to assist you in installing OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks on your old Mac. Also, by updating the system software of your Mac, you can enjoy various additional features and enhanced security. Always use to the latest version.

Never download this from any other provider. All links must be from these forums or directly from our server. This is to ensure that nothing was tampered with and that you have the most reliable and tested stuff.

This Update Includes:
  • **Support for rendering files in Public Beta Installer.**
  • Bug Fixes
  • Added OS X Recovery Patcher Beta 1
  • Fixed missing Boot.efi Issue
  • Added 10.11 Kernel and OSInstall.mpkg
  • Maintenance, Graphics Disabler, and AirDrop Scripts are now within Installers
  • Removed XPostFactor due to lack of Support and Users
  • Addresses Issue where some El Capitan and Yosemite is greyed out for some users (make sure installer is in your Applications Folder)
  • Fixed Developer link in the ReadMe section.
  • Fixed inaccurate French language for some words.

Other features added in Previous Betas:
  • Support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
  • New Structure with Installer
  • Smarter Requirements Checker that can detect the OS X Installer App
  • More Comprehensive Installation Type
  • Smaller Installer Size (unapolegetically thinner)
  • Bug Fixes
Developer Focus Area:
  • ****Random Error during Boot up (No idea what causes this or if the 64bit Boot.efi needs to be worked on)****
  • Installing OS X El Capitan Beta
  • Kexts
  • General Reliability
  • Rootless Disabling

Download Size: 184 MB

Prerequisites
- Running 10.7 Lion
- At least 2GB of RAM.
- A copy of Yosemite or Mavericks in Applications Folder (.app file preferred)
- 15 GB of free space from USB or HDD Partition.

-MacBook2,x
-MacBook3,x
-MacBook4,x
-MacBookPro2,x
-MacBookAir1,1
-MacMini2,x
-iMac5,x

We DON'T assist with Hackintosh. All private messages/emails involving installing OS X on non-Apple hardware will be redirected to another support team.

How to Use It:
1. Download OS X Extractor
2. Install it. Choose a version of OS X to get the correct patches.
3. Open OS X Hackers in your Applications and view to corresponding guide the OS you choose. (Use Post 1 right now)

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
So,,before, i had Lion 10.7.5, now, i got also, Mavericks10.9.5 and Yosemite 10.10.4 where i'm typing right now,, and, after looking on apple store i saw El Capitan,, but overtime i click " download " i got this,,any other way to get this El Capitan?

Unfortunately you cannot download OSX El Capitan (10.11) from the App-Store on a unsupported Mac. Simply create a Apple-ID without Payment Method ('None') and without real data and then use a supported Mac from a friend or in the Electronics Market ....

Last edited:

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Did you find anything in verbose mode? I couldn't. Either the boot.efi or something in the SystemConfiguration folder is causing this.

It's not the Boot.efi, because the Kernel is booted.

It must have something to do with USB - if the transferred OSX 10.11 runs from a SSD, connected via eSATA (ExpressCard34) then it boots completely, but gets stuck on the Desktop, because the internal Keyboard/Trackpad or a external USB-KB/Mouse don't work. With a patched DB1/PB1-Installer it gets stuck on the OSX Welcome-screen (Keyboards/Pointer devices don't work) ....

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
It's not the Boot.efi, because the Kernel is booted.

It must have something to do with USB - if the transferred OSX 10.11 runs from a SSD, connected via eSATA (ExpressCard34) then it boots completely, but gets stuck on the Desktop, because the internal Keyboard/Trackpad or a external USB-KB/Mouse don't work. With a patched DB1/PB1-Installer it gets stuck on the OSX Welcome-screen (Keyboards/Pointer devices don't work) ....

Is it actually stuck (like freeze) or is it not detecting the input devices? As for the USB method where the progress bar stops; the kernel is working during that, right?

External Boot - NO Entry Sign
Internal Boot -Input Devices Stop working

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Is it actually stuck (like freeze) or is it not detecting the input devices? As for the USB method where the progress bar stops; the kernel is working during that, right?

If booted via eSATA and it 'gets stuck' then it doesn't detect the input devices. OSX 10.11 itself runs/works with the Desktop, but you cannot operate it because no input device works (they're all connected via USB, the internal as well). If it's booted from USB-Thumbdrive, then it gets stuck at two third of the progress bar - transferred OSX as well as patched Installer. It seems that the old Chipset (Intel ICH7-M) isn't supported anymore. OSX 10.11 DB3/PB1 runs btw fine on a supported Mac from the same USB-Thumbdrive.

Boot via eSATA = Welcome-screen (Installer) or Desktop (transferred OSX), but no operation.
Boot via USB = stuck at two third of the Boot-screen progress bar, Kernel has booted, but 'No Entry' sign.

Last edited:

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
uh . . . Comparing the USB and Bluetooth kexts right now in Yosemite and El Capitan.

Guide will address issue where input devices, USB, and Bluetooth (basically the entire I/O controller, I guess) are not compatible with El Capitan Beta. Also will work on issue with Recovery Patcher where it completely fails to find the BaseSystem.dmg in order the create the patched Recovery HD.

mav2287

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
I tried this on a Mac 5,1 17 2.0Ghz with 4gb ram (stupid thing only sees 3gb of it though) and I am getting the same thing. I get to watch the bar go 3/4 of the way across my screen then I get a circle with a line through it as the macbook did in the earlier reply. At first I thought this was because I forgot to have the yosemite install file in the apps folder. I tried that and had no luck. I was also originally running a USB hub so I went straight into the back of it and still no dice. Any ideas?

Tonight I am going to try to partition the main hard drive into a main and a 8gb install partition and see what it does. Any clue what causes this or how to fix it?

mav2287

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
Well I did a fresh install of OS X lion left a 10gb partition and then went in and followed everything to the letter to make that 10gb partition the install. Did a reboot and got a black screen with an apple logo. Waited for about 30 minutes maybe longer and never got the progress bar to run along the bottom of the logo. Since this is an iMac I'm not sure what else to try. Any thing I may be missing?

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
Updating July 8 - 10 . . .

Welcome Public Beta Testers :D

OS X El Capitan (10.11) on Unsupported Macs

OS X Extracter and MacPostFactor are apps that guide you through patching and installing OS X El Capitan (10.11), Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks(10.9), or Mountain Lion (10.8) on your older Mac. This thread focuses on OS X El Capitan.

MacPostFactor works for Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite (certain Models).
Please note that older GPU (GMA 950, X3100, X1600, X1300, X1900, 7300gt, etc.) Graphics Acceleration on Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan are not supported yet.
Installing on these models may cause them to have graphical issues as stated in these pages. Kexts are provided to help a little bit.
OS X Extractor is somewhat for more advanced users and should only be used as an alternative to MacPostFactor. This thread consists of members prominent in these patches that can help you solve your issues. Please do not hesitate to post if you have questions.

View attachment 560270

Apple History

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard was the first OS X version with optional support for a 64-bit kernel, allowing booting either with a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel. However, Apple did not support booting the 64-bit kernel in Macs that shipped with EFI32 firmware, even if they had 64-bit processors capable of running the 64-bit kernel. When Apple dropped the 32-bit kernel entirely from OS X, starting with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, EFI32 Macs no longer had an Apple-supported mechanism to boot newer OS X versions.
OS X 10.11 El Capitan includes rootless security. It makes sure that System file permissions are automatically protected, and updated during Software Updates. The Repair Permissions function is no longer available and access to system files that we need to use in this guide may be locked.

Fortunately, we have found a work around for these version of OS X. Here we provide guides in Post 1 in support for Installing OS X El Capitan on your Unsupported Mac.

This first post is usually updated with recent summarized information, updates, and more solutions.

For those who have 2006/2007 Mac Pros, you may be best suited to using Mr. Zarniwoop's Guide here. The MCPF and OSXE projects are not affiliated with them. We will not contact them for you either, that your responsiblity. Confrontation has occurred both publicly and privately in MacRumors, the site, and other forms of communications and we don't want anything to do with them and their Mac Models. It simple don't ask Mac Pro questions to people who don't have Mac Pros :p. Your post will be requested to be moved to their thread.

Prerequisites:
- Running 10.7 Lion
- At least 2GB of RAM.
- A copy of Yosemite in Applications Folder (.app file preferred)
- 15 GB of free space from USB or HDD Partition to serve as your Installer Drive.

-MacBook2,x
-MacBook3,x
-MacBook4,x
-MacBookPro2,x
-MacBookAir1,1
-MacMini2,x
-iMac5,x (Issues have been occurring with this specific model)

Guide to Installing OS X El Capitan on Unsupported Macs

ANY HARM OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THIS GUIDE HAPPENED UNDER YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY!

Be sure to have root privileges (administrator password) as OS X will prompt you for this on some stage.

A: Preparing The Installation Drive

1. Make a BACKUP of your system if you can.
  2. I have some attachments below to help shave off a couple of hours.
  3. Get an OS X El Capitan Developers Beta 1 Installer app (Recommended from the Mac App Store Promo Code provided from the Apple Developer Program)
  4. Make sure you have an Intel-Based Mac that supported OS X 10.7 Lion

B: Start Patching
  1. Install OS X Extractor
  2. show hidden files in Finder (use included DisAppear.app) or terminal command:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE; killall Finder
    You will need to work with some hidden files.
  3. Right click on the OS X El Capitan Installer app and click show package contents.
  4. Browse to the folder /Contents/SharedSupport
  5. Double-click to mount "InstallESD.dmg"
  6. Open up Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities and drag BaseSystem.dmg to the lower Disk Utility side pane.
  7. Click on BaseSystem.dmg in Disk Utility and select the Restore tab
  8. Set the BaseSystem.dmg as the source and choose the installation drive (formatted as HFS+ and GUID) as the destination.
  9. Use Finder to browse the newly restored installation drive installer.
  10. Go to the folder /System/Installation on the installation drive and delete the "Packages" alias file. It will be replaced with the actual folder.
  11. Go back to the mounted InstallESD.dmg and drag the "Packages" folder to the Installation drive into the /System/Installation folder where the alias file used to be.
  12. Copy the files, ”BaseSystem.dmg" and “BaseSystem.chunklist," to the root of the Installation drive.
  13. (for non 64 bit Macs) Unlock and Replace the boot.efi files located in /System/Library/CoreServices and /usr/standalone/i386 with the copy provided in /Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/Boot EFI/ or from here. To Unlock it, use the Terminal app in Applications/Utilities/ and enter the command:

Code:
    Code:
    sudo chflags nouchg /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name]/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi

14. Now lock the new boot.efi file
  15. (for non 64 bit Macs) lock the new boot.efi with this command:

Code:
    Code:
    sudo chflags uchg /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name]/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi

16. In /System/Library/CoreServices/ edit the com.apple.Boot.plist adding rootless=0 in the string.

17. Copy the folder named "Kernels" from ‘/Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/‘ to the ‘/System/Library/Kernels/‘ folder on the installer thumb drive.
  18. replace the original OSInstall.mpkg in the Installation drive (/System/Installation/Packages/) with the modified one from /Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/
  19. Next you will have to add your Mac Model to the installer. You will have to replace the files without corrupting them. Some of the files are signed so be careful not to change anything else. Make sure your changes mimics the same syntax as other entries. You may have to copy and paste the quote marks from an existing entry. If your closing quote after the boardID looks italic, you're WRONG!
  20. run the IORegistryExplorer.app from the OS X Hackers Patch Files/Helper Applications folder make sure in the top left corner IOServices is selected
  21. under root select your Mac(model) -> on the right at the top copy the board-id value.
  22. open in your Installation Drive, /System/Installation/Packages/InstallableMachines.plist with TextEdit and search for the last entry and replace it with your board-id value
  23. open /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist and do the same.
  24. Great! The hard part is over. Now it's time for installation. Re-hide the hidden files with the DisAppear.app, Close the Terminal, and Close all other Applications. Take a breather and move on to the next part of the guide. Are you excited? I am!

C: Installation
  1. reboot your Mac holding option (cmd) key
  2. select the Installation drive (BaseSystem) and press enter
  3. If the Installation Drive boots you back to the main partition, try blessing the drive from your terminal app:
    Code:
    sudo bless --folder /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name] --file /Volumes/[Installation Drive Name]/boot --setBoot
  4. when booted click install/continue until you reach the disk selection menu, select you main drive (probably Macintosh HD) if you are sure about it, else select another empty drive (at least 15GB for testing/bigger if it should be a secondary system)

D: If Reboot Fails

(If the Mac does not reboot to the El Capitan desktop, boot to the install-drive again and perform the following.
Boot back into the El Capitan Install Partition
open the terminal at the top menu bar or boot into single user mode (Hold Command -S immediately afterturning on)
enter:
Code:
Code:
sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0"
sudo rm /Volumes/[Main Drive Name]/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

E: Install these 64 bit Kexts from the Kexts folder from OS X Extractor
(These will better the graphics by a little but you will not have Graphics Acceleration. Still in beta so they may not work well)
  1. enter in terminal:
    Code:
    sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0"

2. open the KextUtility.app by dropping all of the files inside this attachment zip folder named “kexts[yourgraphicsmodel…]“ to it. Don't forget to drop in the AppleHDA.kext
  3. reboot
  4. reboot normally

IF your Macbook can't wake up from sleep:

Because of lack of working Graphics Acceleration. Your Macbook may not be able to wake from a display sleep

Install the NoSleep Extension
Set the Preferences to Never Sleep on AC Adapter and Battery
Check the 'Start NoSleep Utility on system startup' setting
Your Macbook screen will never turn off unless your actually shut down your Macbook.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OS X Recovery Patch

Script is available for Beta Testing in Preview Beta 1

OS X Software Updates

Script will be available in OS X Extracter 1.3 Preview Beta 2

Animation Disabler

You don't have Graphics Acceleration, right? Then you don't need excess Animation slowing down your system.
  • Go to Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/Animation Disabler/
  • Open the 'Disable Graphical Animations' shell script in the Terminal

Airdrop
  • Go to Applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/AirDrop Enabler/
  • Open the 'Enable Airdrop' shell script in the Terminal
  • Restart

You can send file with AirDrop to other Macs only. Sometimes newer Macs can't find your model.

Support

Feel free to post your questions, concerns, or success stories in this thread.

Downloads/Files for Patching

The OS X Extractor v1.3 Preview Beta 1 with all Patch files for Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan [July 8, 2015]:
Download Link (MediaFire)

OS X Hackers are is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac OS Ten (X), Mac, iOS, iPhone, iPad, and all other Apple product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
MacPostFactor was made by Wayne Wong (@Wayne_819) and Kelian Dumarais (@MLforAll)

Guide and OSXH site/app designed by Isiah Johnson (@TMRJIJ) and Robby Sharpero and is provided by Johnson Network.

Developers:

Liem Mai, Birtha Åbel, Wayne Wong, Kelian Dumarais, Nolen Johnson, Mr. Zarniwoop, Tiamo, Pike R. Alpha, oem, atvusr, Jesse Samluk, Mike Hennessie

Terms and Conditions
OS X Hackers Site
Facebook Page
Donate

Successful?

Support us by sharing our guide to others. Let everyone know that their older Macs are not obsolete yet. Thank the developers who helped make this possible. Some Developers also appreciate donations to help make this site/app better.

Other Threads:

OS X El Capitan (10.11):
OS X El Capitan on Unsupported Macs - TMRJIJ
2006/2007 Mac Pro (1,1/2,1) and El Capitan - Mr, Zarniwoop

OS X Yosemite (10.10):
2006/2007 Mac Pro (1,1/2,1) and OS X Yosemite - Mr. Zarniwoop

OS X Mavericks (10.9):
[Guide] Installing 10.9 Mavericks on older Macs. - HackerWayne
Mac Pro 2,1 and OS X Mavericks -5050

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8):
Success! Install 10.8 on old unsupported Mac - HackerWayne

Hi, i got one question,,
in point 16 you say:
"Library/CoreServices/ edit the com.apple.Boot.plist adding rootless=0 in the string."
i have to had rootless=0 but where? on that folder i got PlatformSupport.plist,,should i put it like first string? last string? please,,feedback,,thanks in advance,,
i'm asking cause i've already made 1 usb Thumb drive install, that i got boot, but with kernel panic,,so i must have done something wrong,,i need to remake it,,,

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
Been working with the pros for a while. Just started on the MB4,1 and now I'm caught up with you on that chipset issue. MLforAll is working that out now in MCPF so he might have a fix for it first.
Hi TMRJIJ , i got one question,,
in point 16 you say:
"Library/CoreServices/ edit the com.apple.Boot.plist adding rootless=0 in the string."
i have to had rootless=0 but where? on that folder i got PlatformSupport.plist,,should i put it like first string? last string? please,,feedback,,thanks in advance,,

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
in point 16 you say: "Library/CoreServices/ edit the com.apple.Boot.plist adding rootless=0 in the string."

There was a mistake in the stated folder - now corrected.

The 'com.apple.Boot.plist' is located in '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/'.

Between the both <dict> tags, the added strings should look like this then:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rootless=0</string>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

Last edited:

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
The 'com.apple.Boot.plist' is located in '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/'.

Between the both <dict> tags, the added strings should look like this then:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rootless=0</string>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
ok,, thanks,,a lot,,

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
ok, now, i'm stuck,,point 20 i have IOS service - root , but, never use it,,what should i do? i don't now how to run it,,i got this,,
Capture d’écran 2015-07-11 à 13.03.52.png

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
ok, now, i'm stuck,,point 20 i have IOS service - root , but, never use it,,what should i do?

Look for the Board-ID - dunno in which directory the entry is located.

I'm using the Terminal instead: ioreg -lp IOService | grep board-id .

The displayed Board-ID should be "Mac-F22788A9" for the MacBook4,1 then, according to this list.

Last edited:

Wolwerine

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2015
France
Look for the Board-ID - dunno in which directory the entry is located.

I'm using the Terminal instead: ioreg -lp IOService | grep board-id .

Should be "Mac-F22788A9" for the MacBook4,1 according to this list.
so i open terminal and i type:

I now my Mac Id, other way i wouldn't get patch the platformSupport.plist
I'm not expert in Mac's, but i'm learning,,
question is,,should i type this on terminal or is not correct?
" ioreg -Ip IOService | grep Mac-F22788A9 "
then i should type enter,,
??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.