Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Turtle Mountain a couple of weeks ago.
P3190040A.jpg

Oops wrong thread. May as well let it stand even though it's only a partial frame.

ffff14P

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
After nearly two months of selecting and editing, I can finally share some of my photos from my trip through France and Spain in March. Focusing mostly on framing during my travels helped me sharpen my photographic eye and capture moments with intention. This deliberate approach allowed me to omit subjects that didn't fit the theme and capture others more intensively, hopefully resulting in a cohesive style that visually connects my images. This experience – as well as the P52 in general – has taught me the importance of intentionality in photography, reminding me to slow down, observe, and truly engage with my surroundings before capturing a shot.

Overall, my photographic journey through France and Spain has been an invaluable learning experience, refining my style and enabling me to effectively capture and convey the essence of each moment.

To give you some context about the photos:

PARIS
P52_WEEK13_FRAMING_IMG_0317_FF.jpg

This one was taken in the metro in Paris while crossing the river Seine – a very popular Instagram photo spot with a view on the Eiffel tower. I captured, at least that’s what it seems like, two locals, staring outside the window and looking only merely impressed.

DONOSTIA-SAN SEBASTIÁN
P52_WEEK13_FRAMING_IMG_3427_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK13ALT_FRAMING_IMG_2499_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK13ALT_FRAMING_IMG_2709_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK13ALT_FRAMING_IMG_3509_FF.jpg

The sea, the beaches, the food – only three reasons to visit the beautiful town of Donostia-San Sebastián. It is not only a great photographic location but also a perfect holiday location!

PAMPLONA
P52_WEEK13_FRAMING_IMG_5348_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK13ALT_FRAMING_IMG_5418_FF.jpg

While in Pamplona, I stumbled across this procession of Gigantes y Cabezudos, that is usually only held in July on the occasion of the Sanfermines, the festival of San Fermín. In the foreground of the first photo, there is a statue that is dedicated to the running of bulls.

ARLES
P52_WEEK13_FRAMING_IMG_5564_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK13ALT_FRAMING_IMG_7629_FF.jpg

P52_WEEK13ALT_FRAMING_IMG_7744_FF.jpg

The city of Arles offered a lot of opportunities to focus o framing. Especially it’s Roman amphitheatre and its surrounding buildings allowed for some interesting perspectives – either using arches to frame a church tower, or a rear view mirror to capture the amphitheatre and a church tower at the same time.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
After nearly two months of selecting and editing, I can finally share some of my photos from my trip through France and Spain in March. Focusing mostly on framing during my travels helped me sharpen my photographic eye and capture moments with intention. This deliberate approach allowed me to omit subjects that didn't fit the theme and capture others more intensively, hopefully resulting in a cohesive style that visually connects my images. This experience – as well as the P52 in general – has taught me the importance of intentionality in photography, reminding me to slow down, observe, and truly engage with my surroundings before capturing a shot.

Overall, my photographic journey through France and Spain has been an invaluable learning experience, refining my style and enabling me to effectively capture and convey the essence of each moment.

To give you some context about the photos:

PARIS
View attachment 2204741
This one was taken in the metro in Paris while crossing the river Seine – a very popular Instagram photo spot with a view on the Eiffel tower. I captured, at least that’s what it seems like, two locals, staring outside the window and looking only merely impressed.

DONOSTIA-SAN SEBASTIÁN
View attachment 2204738

View attachment 2204737

View attachment 2204735

View attachment 2204736

The sea, the beaches, the food – only three reasons to visit the beautiful town of Donostia-San Sebastián. It is not only a great photographic location but also a perfect holiday location!

PAMPLONA
View attachment 2204734

View attachment 2204740

While in Pamplona, I stumbled across this procession of Gigantes y Cabezudos, that is usually only held in July on the occasion of the Sanfermines, the festival of San Fermín. In the foreground of the first photo, there is a statue that is dedicated to the running of bulls.

ARLES
View attachment 2204743

View attachment 2204742

View attachment 2204739

The city of Arles offered a lot of opportunities to focus o framing. Especially it’s Roman amphitheatre and its surrounding buildings allowed for some interesting perspectives – either using arches to frame a church tower, or a rear view mirror to capture the amphitheatre and a church tower at the same time.
What a fantastic series. I love the last one of the Paris set.

• Love
Reactions: ffff14P
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.