Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
2023-01-22 ~ _R5_8201.jpg

From today, but seemed more appropriate for water week

I don't often convert to black-and-white, but the goose's plumage is good for it, and strangely enough, the water had a distracting color tone to it.

Prospect Park Lake: 1/1000s 172mm @ f/5
The geese were close in shore as I imagine they thought I might have bread for them

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2146533

From today, but seemed more appropriate for water week

I don't often convert to black-and-white, but the goose's plumage is good for it, and strangely enough, the water had a distracting color tone to it.

Prospect Park Lake: 1/1000s 172mm @ f/5
The geese were close in shore as I imagine they thought I might have bread for them
i love the drops on his head!

thirsty_monk

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2017
Slovakia
great! sometimes simple is the best. ❤️ My only CC on this would have been to back up another step to get the entire height of the faucet in....but your focus looks great on the water drop. 🙂

Thank you @mollyc, yes I did realise that but a bit too late, should compose it differently.

catfish743

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Kentucky
I like the peacefulness of this image. As with your shallow DOF image, I personally think this could be brightened a bit and prefer your SOOC, but your edit does give a nice blue hour feel. 🙂
Going back through the threads and it occurred to me that I think my biggest problem with brightness is that I have never really been a printer--all my stuff tends to stay digital. I think I need to get a printer and my edits might change when I realize not everything has a huge LED array backlighting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.