Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
virus1 said:
- NVIDIA graphics performance fixes
- OpenGL performances fixes

Woohoo!

Hopefully we get back to the performance that was in in the earlier versions of Panther. I remember that being as the best OpenGL and nVidia performance in MacOS X. These latest updates hurt nVidia cards for sure.

Then again, this isn't the first time Apple promised to improve the drivers and we only see yet another performance hit. :( Hopefully this will make things right.

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
MacsRgr8 said:
I agree. And I hope so too. I own an 6800 Ultra, and would love to see this card live up to its expectation.
I assume that ATi will be updating their Radeon drivers this week, aiming for the best performance of all grfx cards on a Mac.
Doom 3 will obviously be the benchmark. Both Apple (not nVidia themselves unfortunately) and ATi have a couple more weeks to tweak their drivers.

Let the games begin :)

Neither the ATI nor the nVidia device drivers are written by either third party. They provide the OEM boards, access to low-level APIs and Apple I/O Develops the device drivers. They manage all improvements.

Ask nVidia or ATI: they don't get their hands dirty with the ObjC++.

PalmHarborTchr

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2003
Florida
Bern said:
I guess this means we're getting closer to a Tiger release date. Didn't Apple release 10.2.9 days before the announcement of Panther's release date?

Wouldn't it be nice if they eliminated some of the warnings? Such as
"do you really want to bounce those junk emails?"

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
iChan said:
to this day, i have yet to get ichat voice or video to work over a broadband connectiong between two towns?!?!

that sucks...

it works if i am in the same house, or heck, the same town... but outside that, no hope... maybe an ISP problem? I don't know! hopefully tiger will fix it.\

PS. Skype works great!

I have the same problem. Very flukey performance between Maryland and Maine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.