Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Baby, it's cold outside.....

Icy Cold.jpeg

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
This looks all warm and cuddly, and it is. An image to be treasured because these guys are facing extinction. From loss of habitat and disastrous fires linked to climate change.

The sad message is that hundreds, perhaps thousands of these iconic marsupials have died in the current spate of bushfires cutting through Australia right now. The loss of other species as well is immeasurable.

Firefighters are reporting the awful experience of hearing koalas screaming as they are burned alive in their trees. I was unable to complete watching a news film clip of firefighters trying to save an injured victim. A usually silent animal being very vocal. Very distressing.

Photography may soon be our only link with these endangered creatures. So... thank you Susurs for this valuable image.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
Garage window.

The inner side of the windows in my garage can get covered with ice depending on the weather conditions. We recently had a major cold spell in New England and they iced over. Took some pics handheld trying to decide on compositions. I like this composition, but I shot it @ f/4. Looking forward to the next cold spell (speaking from a photographic perspective) to shoot it on a tripod stopped down to get everything in focus and not just the ice. May do some cleaning of the window in the interim as well....

_DSC6146-2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.