Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
View attachment 2283691 but what dimensions do i input? I dont want to have the image be weird...

PS: Using those gifs!
If you only pick one dimension, it will adjust the other as long as it's set to keep the image dimensions proportional (the little connector between width and height). When resizing for here, I typically use 2048 for the long side and let the short side auto adjust.

Last edited:

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Weā€™ve been in the UK on vacation in the Studland/Swanage area over the last week or so, and the effects were more subdued down here, though the winds were just a bit pesky yesterday afternoon/evening.
Amazing how such a small island has such variants in its weather ā€” a 100 miles gets you another season some days. šŸ˜
Hope you enjoyed your stayā€¦ Studland is one of our favourite beaches.

• Love
Reactions: r.harris1

HawkTheHusky1902

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2023
Berlin, Germany
Ok, everybody, here it is:

FULL RES IMAGE LINK HERE you can download it from that link and view it to your heartā€™s content, but please dont use it anywhere without my permission:) (with better colors this time, here the colors look less saturated for some reason) Also, unfortunately Imgur doesnt work for me now, so i had to use another hosting site, which only allows me to keep the image there for no more than 90 days, so nobody can view the image from the above link here after 90 days at the time of this writing:(, i will see if i can come up with a better alternative)...
Edit: oh no its a random filenameā€¦forgive me everybody its a mess today:/

Flower.jpg

Last edited:

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
Amazing how such a small island has such variants in its weather ā€” a 100 miles gets you another season some days. šŸ˜
Hope you enjoyed your stayā€¦ Studland is one of our favourite beaches.
Weā€™ve had a terrific and relaxing time. Truly wonderful. I have to head back to the states for work but my partner will be here for two more weeks. Sheā€™s over the moon :).

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK

FULL RES IMAGE LINK HERE (with better colors this time, here the colors look less saturated for some reason) Also, unfortunately Imgur doesnt work for me now, so i had to use another hosting site, which only allows me to keep the image there for no more than 90 days, so nobody can view the image from the above link here after 90 days at the time of this writing:(, i will see if i can come up with a better alternative)...

View attachment 2283717
Thanks for your persistence in getting this photo uploaded šŸ˜

Cheers :)

Hugh

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond

FULL RES IMAGE LINK HERE (with better colors this time, here the colors look less saturated for some reason) Also, unfortunately Imgur doesnt work for me now, so i had to use another hosting site, which only allows me to keep the image there for no more than 90 days, so nobody can view the image from the above link here after 90 days at the time of this writing:(, i will see if i can come up with a better alternative)...

View attachment 2283717

Looks good. I have used imgur in the past but I like ImgBB best. Free to host with paid upgrades, none of which I have ever had to purchase. Of course, you can always just upload directly to macrumors.

Reactions: AppleKarma

HawkTheHusky1902

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2023
Berlin, Germany
Looks good. I have used imgur in the past but I like ImgBB best. Free to host with paid upgrades, none of which I have ever had to purchase. Of course, you can always just upload directly to macrumors.
I looked at them but i couldnt upload the full res image there, because the full res image is more than 60MB, and that was too big it saidā€¦also, i cant upload to macrumors the full res image, its too big, thats why i i uploaded the resized smaller version here as a preview:)

mollyc

macrumors 604
Aug 18, 2016
I looked at them but i couldnt upload the full res image there, because the full res image is more than 60MB, and that was too big it saidā€¦also, i cant upload to macrumors the full res image, its too big, thats why i i uploaded the resized smaller version here as a preview:)
Those of us who upload directly resize first; some of us use 50mp cameras, so no way am I trying to upload a full res image here. Resized for web is the easiest thing and then you don't have to worry about linking back to a different site.

HawkTheHusky1902

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2023
Berlin, Germany
Those of us who upload directly resize first; some of us use 50mp cameras, so no way am I trying to upload a full res image here. Resized for web is the easiest thing and then you don't have to worry about linking back to a different site.
I know that, but i also want to link to another site which allows for hires image so that fellow Macrumors members can fully appreciate and enjoy all those pixels: )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.