Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014

I don’t believe anyone can look at this and NOT prefer Pixel unless they have a dog in the race. Apple have so much catching up to do…
Yeah the Pixel camera is pretty impressive. If all I valued was the camera my 6 Pro would be my main phone. I’m not saying overall it’s coming up short, because honestly I haven’t demanded enough from it. Life took a hard turn and I put myself on autopilot survival mode and have been living on iPhone 11 and SE 3, doing the basics, because iOS is more familiar to me.

I hope to have time to pit these two phones (Pixel 6 Pro and 14 Pro Max) against each other all around and not just pit the cameras against each other. I know that’s not exactly a fair fight, as the Pixel 7 Pro would actually be the better matchup since it’s newer and a refinement of the 6 Pro.

But I’m not going to come up with the money this year to make that upgrade when I didn’t really dive deeper into my 6 Pro over the past year, owing to my eye getting a problem that I never even got the chance to get diagnosed when my father took ill and passed and then my mom fell and went into the hospital and then I caught Covid back to back. o_O Yeah after a year like that I wasn’t deep diving into anything.

To me the Pixel 6 Pro still feels new and I haven’t even tried on all the cases I got for it last year! So I’ll pit the two against each other. It will give me an idea of where Apple is and where Google is headed. I’m really enjoying my iPhone 14 Pro Max but it’s me, the human, who hasn’t been doing these beautiful machines justice.

Of course, this is all assuming I am able to switch between the two displays without the different PWM frequencies giving me a migraine!

modusoul

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2021
I know its been a struggle of a year for you. Pray the rest of year and going forward is nothing but blessings.

I’ve been enjoying my iphone 14 pro max as well. I traded in my 13 pro max and put the difference on my apple card as a monthly installment. Works out well financially. Hoping to use this approach in subsequent years for new iPhones.

I do have one problem though. I can no longer swap SIM cards between my iphone and pixel 6 pro. Esim has been…peculiar. Seamless on my 14 pro max but a pain for the pixel 6 pro. I don’t blame google as much as ATT.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I know its been a struggle of a year for you. Pray the rest of year and going forward is nothing but blessings.

I’ve been enjoying my iphone 14 pro max as well. I traded in my 13 pro max and put the difference on my apple card as a monthly installment. Works out well financially. Hoping to use this approach in subsequent years for new iPhones.

I do have one problem though. I can no longer swap SIM cards between my iphone and pixel 6 pro. Esim has been…peculiar. Seamless on my 14 pro max but a pain for the pixel 6 pro. I don’t blame google as much as ATT.
Thank you I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. It’s been tough but I’ve still been counting my blessings!

I have two sims. My Android phones usually get the secondary sim. I only gave that number out to my dad and a couple of other people.

Well I guess I HAD two sims. I have to admit it was a sickening feeling when I got the notification my e sim was now active and my physical sim was now dead.

I also have AT&T. My husband looked into things a little and says he thinks it should be easy for me to switch the e sim between my iPhone SE3 and my 14 Pro Max. But he says switching between an Android phone and an iPhone on e sim isn’t as straightforward. I guess you’ve found that out personally. Yikes Yeah I’m not at all happy about this enforced switch to e sims. I’m not sure I’ll always get to have two lines.

• Love
Reactions: modusoul

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Is pixel 6 pro still worth buying?
The latest deal is $250 off, so that would take it down to $650 (assuming that's still going on). However, if money isn't really an object, then definitely see what's in store with the P7 and P7pro. However, it seems to be a thing with Pixels that if you wait a year, it'll get solid discounts? (That's one nice thing about Google phones. Although I was able to snag a 9th gen iPad for such a low price, so nice of Apple to have that option for those of us who'd rather save the $$)

My gripes against the P6pro are on the previous page....

Reactions: 5105973

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

I don’t believe anyone can look at this and NOT prefer Pixel unless they have a dog in the race. Apple have so much catching up to do…
pixel is likely my favourite camera as it's the point and shoot king and yes pixel did beat the iPhone here But it's still just one sample size. certain areas pixel is lacking to to iPhone camera system as well here.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone think the face unlock comes to the 6 series?
6d9dc28b184b66e47ef4722a2a1a8525.jpg

Reactions: ackmondual

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
My sister, who isn’t a techy at all, has only ever used iPhones.
I have two sisters, one is a bit more tech savvy and loves her iPhone, Apple Watch but the other one, whilst she has all the Apple gear isn’t really that bothered.

She had her iPhone stolen last week whilst shopping, and whilst she waits for the insurance she didn’t have a back up phone. I offered her my pixel 6 pro but said I needed it back when it came to trade in for the 7.

I set it up for her and gave her a brief overview (she’s never used android, ever) and off she went.

3 days in, and I think I’m going to struggle to get it back! She absolutely loves it. I told her she’d love the camera, and she has a two year old that she’s taken loads of snaps of. My other sisters 14 pro is arriving today, so she’s going to give her the 13 pro she’s been using and I’ll get the pixel back, but she’s already told me she doesn’t want to give it up.
I’m really surprised as she’s very much in the Apple eco system and I thought she’d hate android, but just goes to show how even the least techy can appreciate android!

Now to prize it from her grasp to trade in :p

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I have two sisters, one is a bit more tech savvy and loves her iPhone, Apple Watch but the other one, whilst she has all the Apple gear isn’t really that bothered.

She had her iPhone stolen last week whilst shopping, and whilst she waits for the insurance she didn’t have a back up phone. I offered her my pixel 6 pro but said I needed it back when it came to trade in for the 7.

I set it up for her and gave her a brief overview (she’s never used android, ever) and off she went.

3 days in, and I think I’m going to struggle to get it back! She absolutely loves it. I told her she’d love the camera, and she has a two year old that she’s taken loads of snaps of. My other sisters 14 pro is arriving today, so she’s going to give her the 13 pro she’s been using and I’ll get the pixel back, but she’s already told me she doesn’t want to give it up.
I’m really surprised as she’s very much in the Apple eco system and I thought she’d hate android, but just goes to show how even the least techy can appreciate android!

I think if you are used to an iphone i have always said i think going to pixel is the least adjustment. i know the 6 series had issues with bugs but generally i think pixel UI is the smoothest compared to IOS.

Oblivion1337

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2018
UK

Google integration is best. I just switched to Pixel last year after dropping the whole Apple garden. I cannot go back to iOS with what Pixel offered. First point being saving a bucket loads of ££ on my habit of getting accessories. I even used to have pitaka air case for AW and you could guess the level of consumption with iOS

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Google integration is best. I just switched to Pixel last year after dropping the whole Apple garden. I cannot go back to iOS with what Pixel offered. First point being saving a bucket loads of ££ on my habit of getting accessories. I even used to have pitaka air case for AW and you could guess the level of consumption with iOS
The thing that people miss the most is that both platforms are beyond mature. It really becomes Coke vs Pepsi. What is your preference? There are some who swear by either platform and there are others who don't care. There is a contributor on MR who came to this forum saying he wished Android imploded and left the business to Apple. That we would all be better off. He was politely shown the exit sign.

Oblivion1337

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2018
UK
The thing that people miss the most is that both platforms are beyond mature. It really becomes Coke vs Pepsi. What is your preference? There are some who swear by either platform and there are others who don't care. There is a contributor on MR who came to this forum saying he wished Android imploded and left the business to Apple. That we would all be better off. He was politely shown the exit sign.
It is the preference exactly. I like the fact that we have choices and can decide what suits our measure. I like iOS especially with their hardware. But I prefer to stick with software to my needs. It will be best if we got best of both world but beggar can't be chooser

Reactions: BMox81

Sweatypalms557

Suspended
Sep 18, 2022
Reactions: salutcemoi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.