Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
I'm not a fan of Samsung. Besides the fact I work on Samsung copiers and printers for a living I just have found way to many QC issues to ever trust them. They get on the issues quickly and do their best to replace broken parts under Warranty but still, I shouldn't have to constantly replace parts in copiers at 10% of life of the parts.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
I'm not a fan of Samsung. Besides the fact I work on Samsung copiers and printers for a living I just have found way to many QC issues to ever trust them. They get on the issues quickly and do their best to replace broken parts under Warranty but still, I shouldn't have to constantly replace parts in copiers at 10% of life of the parts.

Well Samsung is likely going to sell their printer business to HP soon to cover the damages of the recall, so those parts are going to break even sooner given their track record :rolleyes:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Hubby and I are patiently waiting for outperform Note 7's. But as we gain more familiarity with the S7 and S7 Edge we are starting to wonder about our decision. The Note 7 definitely had some software refinements it's slightly older brethren lack.

But battery drain has been a problem with its little brothers. His S7 Edge battery life has been bad since he got it. Mine was decent but drained fast yesterday. I gave it a charge to full at 1 pm yesterday and by 8 pm it had drained down to 54% with barely any usage--not counting whatever it decides to do on its own when I'm not looking. My SE far outlasts it at the same or more heavy usage under similar conditions.

When I use the S7 outside in the summer heat it heats up much hotter than the ambient temperature just while texting and taking a picture. Note 7 didn't while I used it in worse southern heat and iPhone doesn't. At least it's not overheating indoors anymore.

It's a gorgeous phone which would be perfect for me in so many ways but for concerning issues I listed elsewhere and the battery drain. I'm going to keep evaluating it.

I still do not know why both the S7 and the Note7 insisted on randomly setting a 30 second countdown timer lockout on me when my fingerprint failed to be recognized on a couple of occasions. To be locked out of your phone while a timer ticks down a full half a minute when you're in a hurry is unacceptable. If that's a setting icon turn off, I haven't found it yet. My Note7 did that to me two or three times in succession once. I don't know if it was two or three times because I was freaking out thinking it was malfunctioning and going to permanently lock me out because it would not let me input my unlock code, either. I was in a hurry and got a bit frantic. This has not yet happened to my husband's Samsungs.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

I've had QC issues with the note series right from the beginning, including the 2 Note 7's I have. Incredible phones, I have no hesitation saying easily the best smartphone EVER released to consumers. But hampered by QC issues that persist across models. There isn't a Note model that I haven't had to warranty exchange, and in some cases several times. Yeah I'm taking a step down in going to the ip7, but I just feel more confidence that way.

Reactions: MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.