Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
My new-to-me 17" iMac G4:

imacg42.png

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
Dim the lights and you've got an iMac Pro ;)

I wanted to give it that sort of spiritual predecessor feel. I played with an iMac Pro at the Apple Store and... well... wow. This iMac G4 has less processing power than my iPhone SE. I can't even begin to imagine the percentage of processing power it has compared to the Pro. I bet it's a VERY big negative number ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AphoticD

swamprock

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2015
Michigan
Mmmmm man it's been ages since I've had an orange julius :D

They don't make them like they did in the 70s and 80s anymore. I tried one at one of the DQ/OJ branded mini-stores and it was awful. It was basically orange and cream-flavored ice. They tasted better and had a much better consistency back in the days when they were fatty and unhealthy...

Reactions: eyoungren

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2016
There are no OJs in my neck of the woods period, so I'll just sit back and relish those kid of the 80's fatboy OJ memories. ;)

Reactions: eyoungren

YYsMD

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2017
The desktop on my Pismo for OSX Jaguar. The X is a little jagged as a result of adding the blue (the original image had Grey, didn't like it).

There doesn't seem to be much in terms of OS specific desktops for anything pre-tiger.

bQPc5EL.png

galgot

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2015
Love that CDE desktop ! That is a wm i would like to learn more about. I usually install Windowmaker on Debian, so know very little about configuring CDE. Seems more complex, but the look is just so 90's :)
What is the files browser there please ?

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
Love that CDE desktop ! That is a wm i would like to learn more about. I usually install Windowmaker on Debian, so know very little about configuring CDE. Seems more complex, but the look is just so 90's :)
What is the files browser there please ?

The files browser is the one that comes with CDE. Yes, it looks 'brutally early 1990's' but very Unix-like at the same time.

Reactions: AphoticD

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Very nice wallpaper. Looks pretty cool !

What is this painting? Would like to google it ... to set it up on my own Powerbook :p
It's a painting by Charles Brooking, and hangs in the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich in London, where he lived and worked.
See https://prints.rmg.co.uk/products/greenland-fishery-english-whalers-in-the-ice-bhc1035 ; a bit further down the page you may be able to do a low resolution 'save as' like I did.

https://prints.rmg.co.uk/search?q=tag:artist+Charles_Brooking for all of his paintings in the museum ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.