Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rustyb99

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Long Island, NY
AllBirds “Runner Ups Mizzles” and a pair of their socks.

I utterly killed my present pair of sneakers today (Thankfully, my big toe is unscathed); so I decided to try AllBirds sneakers.

These “Mizzles” are lightly water proofed (“Puddle Guard” TM) :rolleyes:. May they be comfortable and last longer than present pair. I am happy to try this brand of sneakers.

View attachment 875426
All Birds are fantastic. I own a couple pairs and they are great to wear around all day.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Ready for winter!!

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 20.01.10.png

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
AllBirds “Runner Ups Mizzles” and a pair of their socks.

I utterly killed my present pair of sneakers today (Thankfully, my big toe is unscathed); so I decided to try AllBirds sneakers.

These “Mizzles” are lightly water proofed (“Puddle Guard” TM) :rolleyes:. May they be comfortable and last longer than present pair. I am happy to try this brand of sneakers.

View attachment 875426

These are cute and thinking to buy a pair for my step daughter (age 23). What do you think?

I just read a bit about them. What are their strongest points? Comfort, warmth, all-seasons shoe? Oh, she lives in Chicago. What’s your thoughts?

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
These are cute and thinking to buy a pair for my step daughter (age 23). What do you think?

I just read a bit about them. What are their strongest points? Comfort, warmth, all-seasons shoe? Oh, she lives in Chicago. What’s your thoughts?
I will be happy to “review” these when they arrive. New York has it’s share of cold, wet days.

I am plotting buying a more traditional pair of sneakers and snow boots though because my toes need protection while walking back and forth across Manhattan 4x a week. Not just from the elements either.

If these AllBirds are comfortable and warm, that will be enough for me.

Please bug me about in other threads. My memory is full of holes lately.

I bought a few wintery clothes pieces from H&M and an Ann Taylor sample sale over the past few days.

Such as this coat:

200B4338-014B-4267-9B64-295B0295F81A.jpeg

Last edited:

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I bought a few wintery clothes pieces from H&M and an Ann Taylor sample sale over the past few days.

Nice. I used to buy her a few things from Ann Taylor. Taylor has tasteful clothing and a nice selection of petite sizes. My daughter is pretty conservative and really scrawny. ?

Reactions: kazmac

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Nice. I used to buy her a few things from Ann Taylor. Taylor has tasteful clothing and a nice selection of petite sizes. My daughter is pretty conservative and really scrawny. ?
Awwww. She would have found nice things. :)

That coat was from H&M, but the faux fur collared cape was the choice piece I found at the Taylor sample sale (even if I do unintentionally nibble on the faux fur).:p

iPhonagain

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2009
Indy
2 - UniFi Dream Machines

View attachment 876002
ooooh cool, could you let me know how those work for you? Just read a review on that and looks pretty nice.
[automerge]1573331264[/automerge]
It’s for treating sleep apnea, by exerting pressure in the airway by way of a sealed mask. Last night was my first night with it, and it was a bit weird. But I think it’s going to help.
You get used to it. I've been using a CPAP for 10 years now, have the same one you got recently. Compared to my old one it's like comparing an Apple ][ to a new Mac Pro cheesegrater!
Good luck and hope it helps you out.
[automerge]1573331393[/automerge]
Took delivery of a black iPhone 11 128GB on Tuesday, and got case delivered yesterday, then went to Best Buy and picked up a series 5 watch. Its been a few years since I have used iOS or an Apple Watch, but I am getting familiar with them again.

View attachment 873937
Sweet! I am SOOOO jealous !

Last edited:

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
Picked this up yesterday at BestBuy on sale for $49.99. Replacing the Apple attachment I had before with only one HDMI and one USB port.

Attachments

• 5833400_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpg
    5833400_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 155

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
@Gutwrench give you any recommendations on cleaning the grates? I have the same grill with a Weber cover.
He did not. He just supplied the inspiration. ;)
[automerge]1573412000[/automerge]
You get used to it. I've been using a CPAP for 10 years now, have the same one you got recently. Compared to my old one it's like comparing an Apple ][ to a new Mac Pro cheesegrater!
Good luck and hope it helps you out.

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m working through deciding if I need to go with a full face mask, as I tend to sometimes breathe through my mouth. It’s definitely a process, getting used to this thing.

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
31FC616D-D29F-40AD-97E1-2CD6E7D09523.jpeg

Wanted an upgraded over the Chromecast, browsing using a remote, sound bar volume control (wasn’t working over HDMI arc) and using my AirPods at night (haven’t tried yet).

Paper cranes blocking EdgeRouter lights in the back.

Reactions: Odysee

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
Bought a used iPod 4th Gen "Click Wheel" for old time sake, incredible to see it on top of an iPhone 11. Its, so tiny in comparison....those were the days!

For those wondering, iPhone 11 case is from Bellroy.

IMG_0771.JPG

Reactions: Odysee and LizKat

TheJackal

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
The leather on the Nellroy phone case is on a par with Apple leather but unfortunately its not a complete wrap around like the official iPhone 11 Pro leather case. The sides are grey plastic and the edges are a little too sharp for my taste.

This from a Bellroy fan who's got a Hide & Seek wallet and also the Classic Backpack.

But then again, I've yet to find a suitable quality leather case alternative for the iPhone 11 (not the Pro version). Tried a Muijo from Amazon but its crap napa and not real leather....

Last edited:
Reactions: UltraInstinct

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
I am looking for one of these now. I see them as $89.99, how were you able to get it for $49.99? Thanks.

It was on sale on their site, the local store had them in stock, went to the store and they had one left (priced just like online).
[automerge]1573697555[/automerge]
iPhone 11 Pro - Definitely did not plan to get this but Sams Club was giving a $400 gift card if you purchased a new phone.

iphone-11-pro.jpeg

What did you upgrade from? If from X or XS, how different is it?

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I'm counting my wife's purchases here too.

Samsung WV60M9900AV Washing Machine 2 in 1 Washer with WiFi
Samsung DVE60M9900V Dryer 2 in one electric Dryer with WiFi
2- of the thinner pedestals
Free delivery and to be installed Friday
$400 in gift cards

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 1.11.59 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.