Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IAlberta

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
Mountain View County
^^
Hey circatee,

As I posted back in Nov 17 2012....

"This room was a dusty 120+ year old attic.. I needed a cave so I dressed it up with this silver foil blanket insulation to keep in warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.. A quick, easy and inexpensive wall covering fix with the benefits of energy efficiency.."

So is the room hot? Well I guess the room could be described as such however most comments from family and friends is that the room is "cool" or "really cool" ;)

Eduardot

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
Has that circuit breaker box provided good use for your setup? I'm hoping it was never needed. Also is that a camera or a speaker above the circuit breaker box?
WE LIVE IN A TROPICAL COUNTRY LOTS OF thunder strikes, yes circuit breaker provides protection to my setup.
Above the box is a small monitoring camera that permits me to see my setup when im not in.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
WE LIVE IN A TROPICAL COUNTRY LOTS OF thunder strikes, yes circuit breaker provides protection to my setup.
Above the box is a small monitoring camera that permits me to see my setup when im not in.

I hope I didn't strike a nerve or was the nth person to ask that question, yet sorry if I did, looking at the caps lock there. Good thinking of the security camera, I hope it's connected, along with modem to a UPS (and maybe not the modem but the camera has it's own eSIM/SIM card to work during power outage just in case).

Eduardot

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
I hope I didn't strike a nerve or was the nth person to ask that question, yet sorry if I did, looking at the caps lock there. Good thinking of the security camera, I hope it's connected, along with modem to a UPS (and maybe not the modem but the camera has it's own eSIM/SIM card to work during power outage just in case).
No Nerve Strike. Security is well and 24/7.

Fozziebear40

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Newton-le-Willows, England
Love this. How are you mounting the Mac mini to the side of the desk?

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 06.54.33.png

Reactions: Beefbowl

Beefbowl

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2021
Mac Mini m1 mounted under desk, studio display on vesa arm, and hue lights synced with macOS.

Pretty happy with this minimal setup.

Love the rugged but cozy combination of the worn brick wall with the natural colors and plants, that just looks like a super comfortable environment.

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017
This is mine, my mini/gamming/server pcs are hidden on a shelf door to the left with ventilation holes underneat, I switch mouse/keyboard input between them with a KVM switch, tried to have the smallest ammount of cables visible as physically possible, I hate cables on the desk. Second photo is older still with my LG 29" 1080p ultrawide instead of the now LG 27" 4K

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    314.3 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_6807.jpg
    IMG_6807.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 423

FFabian

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Bochum, Germany
This is mine, my mini/gamming/server pcs are hidden on a shelf door to the left with ventilation holes underneat, I switch mouse/keyboard input between them with a KVM switch, tried to have the smallest ammount of cables visible as physically possible, I hate cables on the desk. Second photo is older still with my LG 29" 1080p ultrawide instead of the now LG 27" 4K

I am currently in the process deciding if I want to buy the height adjustable ASD. I research ergonomically sound display placements and found that most recommendations are to place the top of the display at eye level or slightly below. Here I see lots of people, including you, placing their display higher up. What’s your thought process placing the display so high. Do you think it causes strain?

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017
I am currently in the process deciding if I want to buy the height adjustable ASD. I research ergonomically sound display placements and found that most recommendations are to place the top of the display at eye level or slightly below. Here I see lots of people, including you, placing their display higher up. What’s your thought process placing the display so high. Do you think it causes strain?

In reality the desk is pretty low and the chair is high, my tights barely fits below it without having a free hair removal everytime I slide it in, if this wasn't a rented apartment, I probably woud have already yanked out the drawers. Had to make this little shelf to be able to position the monitor in a confortable position, more so on the old one which was a ultra wide, 29" total, but height wise same as a 24" so it was pretty "short" and had to be put higher on the table to be confortable to use since the feet only had angle and tilt adjustments. Now with the 27" 16:9, it´s kinda higher than it should, but it don't bother me so much since eye level is still more or less a little below the adress bar in a browser.

marklcfc

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
What is that board you're hanging the headphones on?

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2017
What is that board you're hanging the headphones on?
It´s one of those perforated MDF sheets people use to hang tools, Daiso here has some DIY kits with this sheet in diferent sizes and finishes and diferent kinds of hangers for it.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
I just got a new desk, one that moves up and down, so here's my current setup:

cb28fe05-cc9e-49f8-923c-02de2a5373c3-jpeg.1960389

From left to right:
  • Gaming PC (built in 2018; i5-8500, GTX 1660 Super, Lian-Li PC-TU100)
  • Wii U with 240GB SSD
  • Dell U2713HM (27", 2560x1440, with speakers)
  • Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard (for gaming PC)
  • Apple Watch 3 (magnetic charging cable sticks nicely to metal monitor stand)
  • AirPods 2 on Lightning Dock
  • Ikea Elloven monitor stand (wooden drawer removed while using MacBook, to avoid overheating)
  • 2018 MacBook Pro 15" (work computer)
  • USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (to add USB-A port to MacBook)
  • Microsoft Wireless Mouse 900 (for gaming PC)
  • Apple Wireless Keyboard & Magic Trackpad (for Mac mini)
  • 960GB & 1TB & 2TB SSDs (two storage drives, 2TB home drive for Mac mini)
  • 2018 Mac mini (my personal computer)
  • 2004 iPod (monochrome screen) & EarPods
  • Magic Keyboard & Magic Trackpad 2 (for MacBook)
  • Satechi Eco-Leather Deskmate
Because the desk surface is surprisingly rough to the touch, I bought this desk mat. It feels nice and I enjoy working on it, the only problem is that it's far too narrow at just 60x30cm. I asked in this other thread, but can anyone recommend a similar desk mat that's ~90cm wide and no more than 45cm deep? There are many options out there, so I'd appreciate any help in narrowing them down to ones that both feel nice and are well made.
Sorry for the late reply, but is that a real Bonsai tree?

Reactions: mr_jomo

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire

ShredX

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Earth
Mac Mini 7,1 2014 running Mac OS Monterey version 12.6.1
Macally keyboard with lit up keys.
Intel 3Ghz core i7 Dual Core CPU
16GB of RAM
2GB SSD
128GB SD Card

Used for communications and Amazon Prime movie streaming....

Attachments

• Mac_Mini_12014.JPG
    Mac_Mini_12014.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: iAssimilated
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.