Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antwon412

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Recently upgraded my setup. My first Apple computer (only iPads & iPhones up until this point)

MBP 14” M1 16/512
2 x LG 4k displays
Logitech Master 3 mouse
Logitech Master Ks keyboard
Sanyun speakers (Amazon specials- but they sound better than the Creative Pebbles)

Still a work in progress. Had to remove some items from the wall due to the new motorized desk. Paint is next.

IMG_4407.jpeg

Mezelluf

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2016
Belgium
New, clean setup for end of 2023.... looking to add a blue HomePod Mini after Boxing Day ...
MSI 27inch monitor, M2 MacBook Air Midnight, iPad 10.2 ... Desk 2 Samsung 27 inch , PS4 , 2012 Mac mini with Apple Cinema Display , still runs like a charm ...
Just saw this on Reddit and noticed how much hate you got for the boxes lmfao..
I wouldn't listen to them and just add even more boxes to annoy them lol.
It's your setup and your room, you shouldn't have to adjust to suit others needs.

My only suggestion I want to give is putting up some shelves to display them better and more organized.
But other than that, keep it up, looking forward to see how you'll display it in your next pictures!

PS: I'm a tad jealous for your Macintosh Classic wall art.

Last edited:

silverboy31

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2007
Stoney creek , Canada
Just saw this on Reddit and noticed how much hate you got for the boxes lmfao..
I wouldn't listen to them and just add even more boxes to annoy them lol.
It's your setup and your room, you shouldn't have to adjust to suit others needs.

My only suggestion I want to give is putting up some shelves to display them better and more organized.
But other than that, keep it up, looking forward to see how you'll display it in your next pictures!

PS: I'm a tad jealous for your Macintosh Classic wall art.
Thanks ! I've already done some rearranging of the boxes , didn't realize how much hate I was going to get in a macsetup Reddit sub, honestly I don't care, some people had some good ideas like yours ... will post the new setup when I'm satisfied with it . lol

Last edited:
Reactions: scouser75

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Thanks ! I've already done some rearranging of the boxes , didn't realize how much hate I was going to get in a macsetup Reddit sub, honestly I don't care some people had some good ideas like yours ... will post the new setup when I'm satisfied with it . lol
Not sure a wall full of iPhone boxes does it for me, but, hey, it's YOUR office. Decorate it as you see fit and don't let the haters get you down.

antwon412

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Some slightly updated pics. Realized I needed a larger desktop so picked up the Ikea 63“ desk top and mounted it to the motorized legs of the desk I just bought. Perfect size now. Replaced the speakers as well and added th3 dual monitor led lights. And upgraded the soundbar I use for my work meetings. Very happy with it now.

IMG_4488.jpeg
IMG_4490.jpeg

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Looks clean! How's the Samsung monitor? I heard MacOS isn't that great on 4k screens...

Also where can I get that wallpaper? :)
Thanks... :) The Samsung monitor is really nice, I haven't noticed any problems with it and MacOS so far... Everything looks great, crisp and clean, out of the box. I can't remember where I got the wallpaper but I will look into it :)

Found the wallpaper :)

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Recently upgraded my setup. My first Apple computer (only iPads & iPhones up until this point)

MBP 14” M1 16/512
2 x LG 4k displays
Logitech Master 3 mouse
Logitech Master Ks keyboard
Sanyun speakers (Amazon specials- but they sound better than the Creative Pebbles)

Still a work in progress. Had to remove some items from the wall due to the new motorized desk. Paint is next.

View attachment 2325565
What model are the Lg 4k displays and would you recommend?

Reactions: GerritV

antwon412

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
What model are the Lg 4k displays and would you recommend?
They are the LG 27UN850-W

Im happy with them. i run them at…2560x1440 I think. I tried at full 4k and I can’t see anything. Bad eyes.

For ~$600 for two monitors I think they work well. I also use them with my work Windows laptop. It’s an older one that only supports 1080 max and they look good with that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStork

RSB96

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2021
Spain
This is my current desktop.

photo_2024-01-23 11.58.22.jpeg

The Mac Studio is an M1 Max with 32GB of unified memory and 1TB SSD.

The MacBook Pro 14" is a M3 Pro with 18GB of unified memory and 1TB SSD.

On the shelf I have a 27" HP 4K monitor, which I will be replacing with a 32" 4K Samsung TV, to which I have the Xbox Series X and an Apple TV 4K connected. I also have the second generation HomePod connected to the Apple TV.

I may be moving to another city in the next few months, so I will likely buy a larger desktop.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
The set up for my Mac Studio. Peripherals include 2x LG 4K 24" displays, Magic Keyboard w/ Touch ID, and Magic Trackpad. Desk is the Jarvis from Fully with the contour bamboo surface. It's electronic sit/stand with programmable memory for 4 different heights. Chair is a Herman Miller Embody.

At some point I'm probably going to ditch the dual displays for a single ultra wide display but I'm not in any hurry.

XsjjaHi.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.