Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which colour are you pre-ordering?

• Silver

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • Space Grey

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • Gold

Votes: 34 21.8%

• Total voters

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Fallen in loved with the iPad Pro.

I actually think the price is superb, as well as the device.

I'm pre-ordering the 128gb model, as soon as the Apple Store is back up!

Probably go for silver.

Who else is with me on pre-ordering?

If so, which colour are you going for?

rdcrds

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
The one that comes down in price from Gold to Sliver. i guess you can afford 1K for a 128GB Tablet but not me. Yes i can really afford it but i do not waste money and to me that is just insane to be 1K for a tablet.

BradWI

Suspended
Aug 29, 2011
I doubt it'll be available for ordering after the event. You'll likely have to wait until sometime next month. They'll want to space out the different items - new iPhones, Apple TV, etc...

Reactions: darkknight14

BlueAquarian

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
I'm planning on preordering too. Selling the IPad Air 2, both mini 2s and getting a mini 4! Take my money!

I don't have the mini, but I will purchase the mini 4.

Does anyone know about pre ordering with Best Buy? Do they do that and if so when? I have a zero interest for 6 months and would use it for that and maybe accessories.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Way too pricey for a pen based ARM tablet which is showing slowing sales in favor of pen based x64 tablets running full OS like Windows 8.1/10 since you can run desktop level professional software and not blown up phone apps. iPad Pro should've been x64 running OS X.

Even as an ARM tablet iPad Pro is not going to be competitive unless it has at least 4GB DRAM, can foreground multitask more than two apps, gain background multitasking so interactive sessions don't die in the background, add touchpad/mouse support, has a kickstand, etc.

Last edited:

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
This feels a lot like a first gen surface running windows rc but specked out hardware wise.

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
I am considering it. I had the new rMacbook briefly, (wife is using it now), and I am using the iPad Air1 as my mobile device. The iPad Pro checks off a lot of my needs and wants for a mobile device. While others bemoan the lack of OS X I think the iOS is great for a tablet. There are apps on iPads that you could not run on a laptop and yet iWorks, and now Office, allow you to do the mundane work as well.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
If I take the plunge, Space Gray for me.

If Handoff works with my upcoming new Mac, I won't bemoan the lack of a file system.

Naturally I am wondering about the EDU discounts (if any... sure hope so...)

Reactions: Paul6s

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
There will be plenty of Pros all around...this isn't a limited run.

I want to see some reviews and benchmarks before committing. Wish apple had opened up the file system, increased battery life, added USB.....plus we don't know how the quad speakers will sound.

Reactions: Ledgem

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Canada
I will be joining the OP on Pre-Order Night... virtually any way.
As a traveller the iPad Pro is everything I need and a little bit more. If anyone travels you'll know that it's about shaving weight. Carrying the Macbook Pro around isn't bad but if I can save some weight, have the same size screen and battery life with the added benefit of a stylus and LTE I'm sold.

I'll be going with silver to match the rest of my iOS devices.

Reactions: driftless

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I wonder how many people will ACTUALLY buy it. I mean..people who will line up to get it?

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I highly doubt there will be preorders. That said, I'll probably get one after I try it in the store. I love my Air 2 so I might really like the bigger screen. No 3D Touch just lets me justify another upgrade.

Reactions: Ecoh and doboy

Mivo

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2015
Germany
I'll go back and forth on this for a while. I would like one, but I'm not sure I actually have use for one. I would probably use it for playing board games (Go boards are huge, so the extra size makes a virtual one quite usable) and dabbling around with music-creation apps. The price is all right for what it is; for me it's more about not wanting to add more clutter to my life that ends up seeing little use. I might just wait for the inevitable revised version in probably less than a year (if it only has 2 GB RAM, I'll likely pass).

I also want to see what the Surface Pro 4 is like before making a decision. It's rumored to come out this year, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.