Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which colour are you pre-ordering?

• Silver

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • Space Grey

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • Gold

Votes: 34 21.8%

• Total voters

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
I've waited until Apple had a major update to replace my aging iPad, so I am definitely excited about preorders.

I'm in exactly the same boat.

I've loved my 64GB iPad 4, but it doesn't feel fluid anymore.

I've even had to rearrange the whole layout, getting rid of folders & spreading my apps across several pages, as I worked out that too many folders creating stuttering.

What iPad are you coming from?

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the iPad Pro ...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
I'll go back and forth on this for a while. I would like one, but I'm not sure I actually have use for one. I would probably use it for playing board games (Go boards are huge, so the extra size makes a virtual one quite usable) and dabbling around with music-creation apps. The price is all right for what it is; for me it's more about not wanting to add more clutter to my life that ends up seeing little use. I might just wait for the inevitable revised version in probably less than a year (if it only has 2 GB RAM, I'll likely pass).

I also want to see what the Surface Pro 4 is like before making a decision. It's rumored to come out this year, too.

You probably already know this by now, but it has 4GB of RAM ...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
One of the things I'm most looking forward to is experiencing the audio produced from this bad boy ...

malih

macrumors member
May 11, 2013
Not for me really, it's pretty much an iPad best suited for someone who will use it professionally, or have money to burn.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Apple haven't event announced the pre-order date for the iPad Pro, also I'm not seeing the Uk prices on Apples website here in the UK, it would be nice to know how much the iPad Pro is going to cost. I will be pre-ordering one.

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
You HONESTLY don't think people (those in line) will buy iPad pro?

No, I mean that I don't think to you will see lines around the block for the iPad Pro like you did for iPhones in years past. Of course customers in Apple stores will purchase the iPad Pro just like they do other Apple products.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
I have OCD so the chamfered edge is very concerning lol. $800 out of the box with hairline scratch on the edge or ding is very heartbreaking

Reactions: Paul6s

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Not for me really, it's pretty much an iPad best suited for someone who will use it professionally, or have money to burn.

The same could be said for people who spend £700 on a mobile phone.

I wonder who that could include??

Elise

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
London
I think they will launch the iPad Pro just like the rMB, i.e. no massive queuing outside the store, online only. That works if you're among the first to press the button. Everyone else will just be foaming at the mouth and angry! :D

Good luck y'all!!

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I think they will launch the iPad Pro just like the rMB, i.e. no massive queuing outside the store, online only. That works if you're among the first to press the button. Everyone else will just be foaming at the mouth and angry! :D

Good luck y'all!!

Right. Gun shy from the last time with the stupid Watch. Sold out in seconds.

So i'll try to get it right this time. Geesh, as I write this i'm remembering that Watch pre-order. It was there.....then it wasn't

Hilarious.

Reactions: Paul6s

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
The iPad Pro is no more expensive than the iPhone 6S+...

For 128gb models, both are $949 in the US.

[In the UK, the 6S+ 128 is £789.. the iPad Pro UK price is not yet known.]

malih

macrumors member
May 11, 2013
The same could be said for people who spend £700 on a mobile phone.

I wonder who that could include??

I wasn't specifically complaining about the price, I wouldn't consider it expensive if I find it useful for me, but as of right now I don't think it is, so I'd consider buying it the same as burning money.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Has anybody seen any change in the order status?

I can't access my order right now but last time I checked there was no change since I ordered just before the end of the presentation (actually the band was still playing and they had not closed the event). No activity on CC and no change in status.

Not being snarky here, you were able to pre order the iPad Pro?

Or do you mean the iPad Mini 4 / iPhone 6s?

Last edited:

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Fallen in loved with the iPad Pro.

I actually think the price is superb, as well as the device.

I'm pre-ordering the 128gb model, as soon as the Apple Store is back up!

Probably go for silver.

Who else is with me on pre-ordering?

If so, which colour are you going for?

No I am not with you sorry.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'm in exactly the same boat.

I've loved my 64GB iPad 4, but it doesn't feel fluid anymore.

I've even had to rearrange the whole layout, getting rid of folders & spreading my apps across several pages, as I worked out that too many folders creating stuttering.

What iPad are you coming from?

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the iPad Pro ...

I've got a 16GB iPad3. Loved it initially and used it constantly, but now it's very sluggish, and I need more storage. Every time I add something, I have to delete something else! It's gotten so bad, I barely use it now.

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Condescending much?

If money worries you, I think you're in the wrong place.

This is Apple, after all.

Maybe check out Android?

I'll definitely go for the 128GB model, with both the fold out Keyboard and Pencil. I really hope it isn't half-assed like the first Surface Pro, but so far Apple hasn't delivered a less-than-satisfactory product.

Reactions: TheLondonFella
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.