Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which colour are you pre-ordering?

• Silver

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • Space Grey

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • Gold

Votes: 34 21.8%

• Total voters

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
There will be plenty of Pros all around...this isn't a limited run.

I want to see some reviews and benchmarks before committing. Wish apple had opened up the file system, increased battery life, added USB.....plus we don't know how the quad speakers will sound.
Actually I heard that they are only planning on manufacturing 2.5 to 3 million units this year. If true then it might be somewhat limited since this will be a larger iPad so the demand will be higher compared to the previous iPads but nowhere near the demand of the 6s plus. I do personally want the iPad pro in space grey.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
As if I haven't been Captain Indecisive enough with Apple products over the last four years...:rolleyes::confused:

The good reviews of the iPad Mini 4 and a few other factors (including real world use scenarios that cropped up over the past day) are making me think I should wait on this.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
I'm with you all the way bro! I'm more crazy about the iPad pro than the 6s. I really dig the Space grey!

You know it, Paul!

The "new" iPhones don't interest me, at all ... they are hardly an upgrade.

If anything, the 7 will be the one I'll be looking at.

HowEVEEERRRR ... GIMME that iPad Pro!

Seriously, can't wait to pre-order!

I'll go with Silver, though.

Stay in touch, buddy ...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
As if I haven't been Captain Indecisive enough with Apple products over the last four years...:rolleyes::confused:

The good reviews of the iPad Mini 4 and a few other factors (including real world use scenarios that cropped up over the past day) are making me think I should wait on this.

Kaz, noooooooooooooooo ... !

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
You know it, Paul!

The "new" iPhones don't interest me, at all ... they are hardly an upgrade.

If anything, the 7 will be the one I'll be looking at.

HowEVEEERRRR ... GIMME that iPad Pro!

Seriously, can't wait to pre-order!

I'll go with Silver, though.

Stay in touch, buddy ...
For sure bro! I am going for the 7 as well. I need to change my name to Paul7 lol! I hope that we get the pre order date soon! I'm dying fit that iPad pro!

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think I'll end up with an iPad Mini 4 and a Pro. I'll use the Mini for work. They load a profile that disables iCloud. Don't ask. I'll use the Pro at home. I'll sell my Air 2 to finance my lavish lifestyle. And we'll see what happens. There's always next year...

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
iPad Pro pre-order for me (with accessories) the nano second it's available online. doing drawing for a living i cant wait. i was almost considering a surface pro. glad i didn't now, even though im a staunt windows man and don't use macs.

I'm into tech due to the nature of my job, but I'm no geek or techie per-se, and certainly no kid, so every last tech detail like force touch and all doesn't bother me. it is what it is. enjoy it and move on. nothing will ever be perfect.

the upgrade from ipad2 will be a nice jump me thinks :)

Reactions: Paul6s

jthesssin

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
Matthews NC
I for one am looking forward to the new iPad Pro. I MAY even purchase one, if Macrumors can increase the number of characters available in the signature field. Whats the point of buying one if i can't add it too my signature :)

Reactions: mac666er

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
iPad Pro pre-order for me (with accessories) the nano second it's available online. doing drawing for a living i cant wait. i was almost considering a surface pro. glad i didn't now, even though im a staunt windows man and don't use macs.

I'm into tech due to the nature of my job, but I'm no geek or techie per-se, and certainly no kid, so every last tech detail like force touch and all doesn't bother me. it is what it is. enjoy it and move on. nothing will ever be perfect.

the upgrade from ipad2 will be a nice jump me thinks :)
Nice!! I too want to upgrade to the pro! I'm coming from the iPad 3!lol!

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Put my indecisive name on the list of wanting this guy. I want that extra RAM and uber processing power. I am selling (well, technically sold my Air 2) and might sell my MBP so my bank doesn't destroy me. It will be a bit difficult getting used to the size though. Luckily it is not super chunky or heavy.
I'm going for the Silver model. I had a Gold Air 2 and it was cool, but I feel Silver is better as it goes with all my other devices except the new iPod.
... I don't plan to buy the pencil or keyboard so if Zagg will have compatible glass covers for it, I'll be much happier.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLondonFella

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Kaz, noooooooooooooooo ... !

Fans @TheLondonFella

I redid the math (Math and me like to freak each other out from time to time): it's stupid for me to go smaller. I get swept up with the new devices so there was that moment until I redid the math where I thought...um...what?

With my iPhone trade in, existing Apple gift card credit and possible educational discount the iPad Pro is doable. With the iPP, I can go mid-range (cheaper) on the desktop replacement too.

So I won't be able to take the iPad Pro out during commutes like the one on Friday night, so what. In the long run this is the smartest thing to do.

Wahlstrm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2013
No 3D touch though guys... gonna feel out of date fast.

Yes, this. I want a new iPad but I'm quite sure that all of them will get this in their next version.
It seems like a too big of a investment/feature to not incorporate across all devices.
It´s taking touch-based-software-navigation to the next level, and I want in on it :)

Undo

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2010
Florida
I would like to wait and see if a third party makes a wired/wireless docking station + keyboard + trackpad solution to connect the Mac Mini together with the iPad Pro as the main display. I wonder if the Smart Connector has the transfer capability for display + data + power.

I know there are current apps that can extend/mirror a Mac display to an iPad, either wirelessly or wired. But a solution that gives the iPad Pro a clamshell form factor would be a plus, because that would make it closer to a laptop/tablet convertible…(kinda sorta, since the Mac Mini isn’t mobile.) But at least you could have the power of a desktop when at home/work, then detach and have the mobility of a tablet (although with less performance).

I guess this docking solution would require some cross-platform apps that could allow you to do “pro” work while docked and “lite” work while on the go. And the apps would have to sync working files on both the Mac and iPad.

Just brainstorm dreaming here.

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Speaking for myself, no 3D touch on the iPad Pro does not impact my purchase. I'll probably be using the keyboard, Pencil and dictation a lot more the touch screen / swiping.
Right now it is just a gimmick in my opinion. If 3D Touch is the main selling feature, then I rather skip this iPhone and jump on the iPad pro bandwagon. 3D Touch will be perfected in the iPhone 7 which I will get for sure!

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
I've been thinking about the iPad Pro (eeeeerm, kind'a non stop!) and I'm still in love with it.

Especially since iOS 9, and how I have come to realise how well it will run on the Pro.

4 gigs of RAM, lovely large screen, zippy CPU/GPU power, plenty of storage ... for someone that's not going to be using the device in a "pro" capacity, and coming from an iPad 4, this is going to be a great experience.

I just love my iPad, and my iMac is hardly ever used these days.

My iPad is my radio (I just love TuneIn Pro), my web browser, my email client, my YouTube browser (Tubex is the best, in my opinion), my Twitch viewer ... it's such a huge part of my life (not wanting to sound dramatic!).

I'm not focusing on "what's missing" ... I'm just excited for what's not.

;-)

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Right now it is just a gimmick in my opinion. If 3D Touch is the main selling feature, then I rather skip this iPhone and jump on the iPad pro bandwagon. 3D Touch will be perfected in the iPhone 7 which I will get for sure!

Agreed.

I have zero interest in the "new" iPhones.

Minor updates, in my opinion.

2GBs of RAM is the most important feature in the latest iPhones.

The iPad Pro is new, and it excites me.

This year, the iPad Pro & next year the NEW iPhones ...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Put my indecisive name on the list of wanting this guy. I want that extra RAM and uber processing power. I am selling (well, technically sold my Air 2) and might sell my MBP so my bank doesn't destroy me. It will be a bit difficult getting used to the size though. Luckily it is not super chunky or heavy.
I'm going for the Silver model. I had a Gold Air 2 and it was cool, but I feel Silver is better as it goes with all my other devices except the new iPod.
... I don't plan to buy the pencil or keyboard so if Zagg will have compatible glass covers for it, I'll be much happier.

Good for you, buddy.

Such a fantastic looking device.

And just like Superman, it will FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY with those 4 gigs of RAM & CPU/GPU power!

Is it a plane? Is it a train? Noooooooo, it's the iPad Proooooooooooo!

8-D

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Nice!! I too want to upgrade to the pro! I'm coming from the iPad 3!lol!

I'm coming from the 4, which is not much "better" than the 3.

People like you & I will especially appreciate the Pro ...

Bloody hell, roll on November!!

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Agreed.

I have zero interest in the "new" iPhones.

Minor updates, in my opinion.

2GBs of RAM is the most important feature in the latest iPhones.

The iPad Pro is new, and it excites me.

This year, the iPad Pro & next year the NEW iPhones ...
Wow! We have the same brain wave lol!

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
I've been thinking about the iPad Pro (eeeeerm, kind'a non stop!) and I'm still in love with it.

Especially since iOS 9, and how I have come to realise how well it will run on the Pro.

4 gigs of RAM, lovely large screen, zippy CPU/GPU power, plenty of storage ... for someone that's not going to be using the device in a "pro" capacity, and coming from an iPad 4, this is going to be a great experience.

I just love my iPad, and my iMac is hardly ever used these days.

My iPad is my radio (I just love TuneIn Pro), my web browser, my email client, my YouTube browser (Tubex is the best, in my opinion), my Twitch viewer ... it's such a huge part of my life (not wanting to sound dramatic!).

I'm not focusing on "what's missing" ... I'm just excited for what's not.

;-)
I'm excited as much as you are for the iPad pro especially the space grey one. Enjoy the anticipation as much as you can! Someone once told that " The kick in life is getting it, not having it." It's really true because the moment the iPhone 6 preorders were live, I regrettably preordered the regular 6 instead of the 6 Plus. When I went to Apple to actually try both devices, I quickly realize I made a really big mistake on ordering the regular 6 instead of the plus. But too late! In order to get the plus the Apple employees told me to wait until I get my 6 in the mail then exchange it for the plus. When I did receive the 6 I returned it for the plus however I was told that since the iPhone 6 Plus was a unicorn (hard to find like crazy),I had two options, order it online and wait 3-4 weeks, or wait in line for the next day to see if any more would come in. It turned out that I did both. I ordered it online and see if I could go back to the store early morning to check its availability. Turned out that returning to the store multiple mornings was always in vein because either they only had two pluses fir that day or non at all! My anticipation for the plus was unbearable! 5 weeks later on Halloween day UPS finally made my day when my iPhone 6 Plus in gold finally made it to my hands! It was worth the long journey to get this device! Now that I look back it was a great journey! In a weird way that's why I love pre orders and knowing that the product I like may be hard to get instead of it being to easy to get on day one lol!

audioslave-

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
gothenburg, sweden
Probably getting the 128gb space grey with the pen and keyboard. I like the fact that I can have most of my literature on it and hopefully it'll work to take notes on it in a satisfactory way.

Engineering student, and for Catia CAD I can use the computers at school or in worst case do it on my old 13" 2010 MBP which works ok for it with parallels or bootcamp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.