Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would (did) you do if your iPhone 11 Pro (Max) has the flickering issue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric.388

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
UPDATE

I went to iStyle (it is reseller, because I am from Czech Republic and we do not have an Apple store here (yea f*ck 🙃 it )) and I left the phone for a complaint, after 4 days they told me that it was a SW problem and that the device diagnostics didn't detect any HW problem.

I am still thinking about this problem, what causes it (HW or SW). I will probably contact Apple's official Czech support. 🤷🏼‍♂️
So we will see what happens.

But I hope iOS 13.2 (as overlocked says) will fix it.

Reactions: obargy

Rothgarr

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
I have the same flickering problem. But I never use Night Shift.

The problem resolves itself temporarily if I toggle True Tone off and on again, but eventually comes back.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I’m kinda shocked that we haven’t heard about this issue more publicly. Makes me think a lot of folks don’t have True Tone on or don’t use Auto Brightness.

Reactions: obargy and Eric.388

BeachDad

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2019
Updating now and will test to see if screen issue is resolved. Also having a lot of dropped calls so hoping this addresses that as well.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I just tried it again and it seems to be fixed. True Tone ON, auto-brightness ON, HDR on and no flickering. Hope it is fixed for good.

Reactions: Eric.388

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
well now I’m really confused.
VSmacone i think its on 13.2 beta as well...and also he is not experience this issue
BeachDad updated to 13.1.3 and still flickers, he is hoping and waiting for 13.2
Im on beta and like VSmacone?? im no longer experience this issue

overklocked

Suspended
Oct 4, 2019
VSmacone i think its on 13.2 beta as well...and also he is not experience this issue
BeachDad updated to 13.1.3 and still flickers, he is hoping and waiting for 13.2
Im on beta and like VSmacone?? im no longer experience this issue
Yeah, I updated to the beta. Issue gone.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
So I recomand to users if they can tolarate this issue until ios13.2 they should since its a sw issue

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
Noticed this yesterday when I was showing coworkers pictures from my vacation :( I'll live with it and hope for a software update.

waquzy

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
I'm having the same issue here(11 Pro) It's really annoying me, turning the View Full HDR off seems to have fixed it for me though, but it might come back as people have reported

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Without looking into this, I think that the problem is an overly aggressive Automatic Max Brightness setting that is used on OLED screens to limit the peak brightness. In the case of iPhone Pros, Apple might have made the setting too aggressive in order to reduce battery drain.

Touchwood123

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Collected my first iphone yesterday and returned it on the same day. My iphone 11 screen flickers and freeze at setup. At one point, the display fades and zoom out slowly into black screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.