Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would (did) you do if your iPhone 11 Pro (Max) has the flickering issue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eric.388

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
Collected my first iphone yesterday and returned it on the same day. My iphone 11 screen flickers and freeze at setup. At one point, the display fades and zoom out slowly into black screen.

It looks like a completely different problem than we have. Probably hw? ?

Mariolka1968

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
I think its a software issue- unless all phones have this problem. Have my third iphone 11 pro in 3 weeks time. Every time they replace the phone and the issue is there straight away. Even when updated to ios 13.1.3

Reactions: Mariolek1968

DaFatha777

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2018
Here’s a new issue I’ve noticed.
man HDR photo starts flickering. When the photo is viewed in the app, the photo looks great. It flickers a little bit but you see it in all it’s beauty. However, when the same photo is used as the iPhones wallpaper, it has washed out color. See the pictures below as examples. It’s so damn annoying. Apple needs to fix this ASAP.
B54FF96F-9A1A-4B04-B3E3-B6262E12BE46.jpeg

7C61F0EE-6B26-4885-B741-058104548451.png

obargy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
man HDR photo starts flickering. When the photo is viewed in the app, the photo looks great. It flickers a little bit but you see it in all it’s beauty. However, when the same photo is used as the iPhones wallpaper, it has washed out color. See the pictures below as examples. It’s so damn annoying. Apple needs to fix this ASAP.
View attachment 871472
View attachment 871473

Ah in fact this problem existed in previous major versions of iOS. But you may want to check if you have turned on “Dark Appearance Dims Wallpaper” in Settings/Wallpaper. ?
[automerge]1571696444[/automerge]
View attachment 871472
View attachment 871473

Or perhaps we could only view “normal version luminosity” of HDR photos in wallpaper mode? (I made it up:p

Eric.388

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
View attachment 871472
View attachment 871473
Yes, this is nothing new... ? However, I like this photo ? good job!

DaFatha777

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2018
I have made sure that the dim wallpaper option is off. On or off, the issue remains the same. Apple needs to fix this.

thanks for the picture like ?

mjjulian

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2019
Any updates on this? I had the same flickering issue on day 1 (pro max 11 512gb) - took it back to Apple and got a replacement model ? (not retail swap) and still seem to have the same issue. Are people now of the opinion it may be a software issue? Not sure I have the energy to take it back again, but also don’t want a faulty phone.

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Any updates on this? I had the same flickering issue on day 1 (pro max 11 512gb) - took it back to Apple and got a replacement model ? (not retail swap) and still seem to have the same issue. Are people now of the opinion it may be a software issue? Not sure I have the energy to take it back again, but also don’t want a faulty phone.

I’d experienced the same issue before. Every time I watch any HDR video the screen would flicker. I’m on 13.2 beta and haven’t had the issue for the last couple betas. It seems to be tied to True Tone but should be resolved with the public release of 13.2.

mjjulian

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2019
I’d experienced the same issue before. Every time I watch any HDR video the screen would flicker. I’m on 13.2 beta and haven’t had the issue for the last couple betas. It seems to be tied to True Tone but should be resolved with the public release of 13.2.
Thanks that’s good to know - don’t need to rush to swap again before the 14 days are up. Fingers crossed it’s just a bug ?

Eric.388

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
Just to confirm, if this does turn out to be a manufacturing issue, I assume Apple would still replace after the 14 day period from purchase (and within one year) under manufacturer’s warranty?
We will see. ??‍♂️

securjunky

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2019
Netherlands ??
Hi all, I had the same issue from day one. Not extreme but still annoying. Here is what I did and I am not kidding!! Put your phone face down on a soft surface. Then “knock” with your knuckles of your hand over the back of your phone. Not too hard and not too soft. I know this sounds completely crazy but please give it try. Again, I am serious! Thanks

Eric.388

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2019
Hi all, I had the same issue from day one. Not extreme but still annoying. Here is what I did and I am not kidding!! Put your phone face down on a soft surface. Then “knock” with your knuckles of your hand over the back of your phone. Not too hard and not too soft. I know this sounds completely crazy but please give it try. Again, I am serious! Thanks
Why would I do that? It makes no sense.

OlexandrIgnatov

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
Hello! Thanks for this post, I just created a new thread today with a similar problem, but more aimed at a dramatic real-time color/contrast shift while looking at pictures in the Photos app.

Here's my thread - https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...t-problems-in-a-camera-roll-pictures.2207792/

When I turn off the View Full HDR the pictures look just just fine. I have an iOS 13.2 now (in Beta) and it's still dramatically changing the pictures in the photo app. You can also see how the phone adjusts brightness at the same time it is happening. I hope they fix this soon in the next final updates!

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 146

obargy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
Hello! Thanks for this post, I just created a new thread today with a similar problem, but more aimed at a dramatic real-time color/contrast shift while looking at pictures in the Photos app.

Here's my thread - https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...t-problems-in-a-camera-roll-pictures.2207792/

When I turn off the View Full HDR the pictures look just just fine. I have an iOS 13.2 now (in Beta) and it's still dramatically changing the pictures in the photo app. You can also see how the phone adjusts brightness at the same time it is happening. I hope they fix this soon in the next final updates!

Let's wait for the official version of iOS 13.2 next Tuesday ;) Maybe they could fix it in that update.

obargy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
iOS 13.2 final version is out now. Update and see if it fixes the issue ;) they didn’t write it in the resolved bug list though :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jetcat3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.