Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smaug3

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2014
Yes nplayer! Easy to use.. I would even say Intuitive". One thing though.. It is possible to "download" a file onto device using nplayer and be able play it. Im think if ever the ravpower is losing charge?

Smaug3

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2014
I apologize for the poor english. What I meant to do is ask if It is possible to "download" a file onto my iOS device using nplayer and be able play it pnly later?

If so how?

How does it affect memory? Im thinking i should routinely delete the "previously played" files for memory management.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I apologize for the poor english. What I meant to do is ask if It is possible to "download" a file onto my iOS device using nplayer and be able play it pnly later?

If so how?

How does it affect memory? Im thinking i should routinely delete the "previously played" files for memory management.

Yes you can, this is how i normally use it and I mention it in my review. Instead of tapping on a file to play it, just tap and hold. A context menu will pop up with the option to download. I'm sure using upnp instead of smb is a little quicker to download but not all files may be available with upnp. Another reason why I love nPlayer as it gives you all these options.

crackerick

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Cheshire England
internet connection problems on Ravpower and f/W query

Hi, just wondered if someone could please confirm if they have had issues connecting to the internet, I have just purchased a ravpower unit from Amazon and all seems ok file access wise except I cannot get it to connect to the internet, I have tried 3 different Access points and even using my mobile as a wireless pont unencrypted but it sems to fail and the WAN light does not go on, I see that the current Firmware version is showing as 2.000.004 and the firmware on the web is 2.000.014 but I just wanted to understand what I am doing wrong or is it a faulty unit, even when I try to update the firmware I get a "No available space" warning message, I am awaiting a reply from an email I sent yesterday to RAVPower. any idears would be very much appriciated though.
F.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Hi, just wondered if someone could please confirm if they have had issues connecting to the internet, I have just purchased a ravpower unit from Amazon and all seems ok file access wise except I cannot get it to connect to the internet, I have tried 3 different Access points and even using my mobile as a wireless pont unencrypted but it sems to fail and the WAN light does not go on, I see that the current Firmware version is showing as 2.000.004 and the firmware on the web is 2.000.014 but I just wanted to understand what I am doing wrong or is it a faulty unit, even when I try to update the firmware I get a "No available space" warning message, I am awaiting a reply from an email I sent yesterday to RAVPower. any idears would be very much appriciated though.
F.

How are you trying to set up the connection? Via the app or the inbuilt web browser?

crackerick

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Cheshire England
Thanks, I have managed to update the firmware to 2.000.014 by enabling the read/write on the SD card inserted into unit, I can't remember seeing that you have to have had a SD card inserted in the instructions, but what should we expect lol.

I left the upgrade process to run through for the 5 minutes it stated to run, but it says on the system firmware upgrade page now that I have managed to log on to the setup web page with partly the default setup settings "Upgrade in progress, do not cut off the power, otherwise the upgrade will fail and the device cannot start properly" so confused by that

I am still struggling to get the WAN connection to work, no matter what I try it either hangs or refuses to acknowledge a connection although it allows me to select a SSID and type in the wifi password in the settings, or using the wizard, I think I will have to just give up and return it unfortunately.
F

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Did the fw upgrade actually complete for you? Can you send a screenshot of the page for setting up the Internet connection? I don't typically use the Internet function so it was a long time ago that I tested this function and I don't recall the exact steps to make it work, I just know that it did work correctly first time for me.

crackerick

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Cheshire England
Thanks for reply, I am sure it completed the update hence my surprise at the statement. I have attached the screen grabs of the pages, the X's being replaced for the password as it is not hidden in the text input. Is there an issue about capital letters on the password or something simple or am I just being pedantic?
F

Attachments

• firmware page.jpg
    firmware page.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 283
  • WAN setup page.jpg
    WAN setup page.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 244

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Ok, I can't see anything obvious here. I would reset the device as per the system page and set it up again. The password will be case sensitive when configuring the Internet pass through.

crackerick

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Cheshire England
Thanks Donka. I have managed to get the Internet connection to work. I did use a pin and reset button on the back of the unit but I am still not convinced it chooses a suitable channel in the wifi settings, anyway I'll keep using and testing it.
F

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Ok, good to hear some progress. What issue do you have with the channel? Are you getting interference?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Just noticed that the firmware that came out a few months ago (I just got to installing it today :eek:) now makes it connect to your wifi network within itself so you don't have to do it on your devices. Not very good for on the go, but fine if you're trying to use your devices as home media centers and don't want to do the whole server thing.

Took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to do this, but here you go... The info you need to use for Infuse and Documents (by Readdle) to see your SD card:

Infuse

Share Name: FileHub (This can actually be anything you want)
Protocol: SMB
Address: WD01/SDCard_Volume1
Workgroup: (Leave blank)

Documents

Title: FileHub (Can be anything though)
Host: WD01
Domain: (Leave blank)
Shared Folder: SDCard_Volume1

On both, your username/password is the same info you use to sign into the router.

Can pretty much adapt this to the other players and set your folders deeper.

Attachments

• IMG_0735.png
    IMG_0735.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0734.png
    IMG_0734.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 182

jarashid

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2016
Please somebody advise what is the best app for using ravpower with iPhone/ipad. I cannot opne not mp4 files on airstor and then I only can download such files. I'd like to have some file explorer instead of airstor to stream avi/mkv/divxx etc files directly
Best iPad app for RavPower is PlayerXtreme

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.