Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingBanh

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2021
Frankfurt, Germany
I just contact the Logitech Support to ask them why the Case don’t have any openings for the microphone on the left side of the iPad Pro. They made so many cases. I am very suprised about that mistake, if they really don’t think about it. Will let you know if I got an answer.

Reactions: slplss

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I love this case! I walk around the house too much to leave it without some drop protection so I love the detachable nature of the keyboard. Also, it’s so nice to prop the iPad on a counter to watch a video while I’m washing dishes or folding laundry with the kickstand.

It’s noticeably thinner and lighter than the 10.5” iPad version. It’s a pleasure to use in tablet mode without the keyboard. The trackpad is EXCELLENT. It’s about as smooth as our MacBook Magic Trackpad. I also find “lap-ability” quite good but I sit in a recliner most of the time.

Also, I’m not sure how many people are aware of this. BUT…you can reverse the keyboard and it magnetically attaches to the back. And since it’s reversed, you only have the pleasant feel of the fabric, not the keys. This way you can use your iPad in tablet mode without having to lay the keyboard somewhere. Brilliant option.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Anyone experience any issues with the touchpad not fully registering gestures ? Like when I do a three finger swipe to go into multitasking it only registers two so opens search instead ? Happens really frequently like twice every 5 times I try it, I have forced a reinstall of the firmware so its all up to date, I love the idea of the case and will be great for travelling but thinking of returning because I am finding this really annoying.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Anyone experience any issues with the touchpad not fully registering gestures ? Like when I do a three finger swipe to go into multitasking it only registers two so opens search instead ? Happens really frequently like twice every 5 times I try it, I have forced a reinstall of the firmware so its all up to date, I love the idea of the case and will be great for travelling but thinking of returning because I am finding this really annoying.
Nope, nothing like this. Ask for an exchange if you can.

Reactions: Oreon

jukeboxaddict

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2014
does anyone else's Logitech case show a slight sliver of the silver bezel at the upper right? (when holding the iPad vertically) The fit is so excellent overall that this is the only imperfection I notice. Just an observation

MassiveBeers

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2021
Hope, New Jersey
does anyone else's Logitech case show a slight sliver of the silver bezel at the upper right? (when holding the iPad vertically) The fit is so excellent overall that this is the only imperfection I notice. Just an observation
The lip (from where the case extends from the side/edge of the iPad towards the viewable part of the screen) from the edge of the case tapers real thin and is very flexible, so when I put my iPad in the case it had a tendency to pull that tapered piece in (think the back of your shoe if you try and put it on while laced and pull that rear part down with yoru heel) I just had to shoehorn it into place by pulling the iPad case back away from the iPad and pressing down in that corner at he same time.

Reactions: TheralSadurns

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
The lip (from where the case extends from the side/edge of the iPad towards the viewable part of the screen) from the edge of the case tapers real thin and is very flexible, so when I put my iPad in the case it had a tendency to pull that tapered piece in (think the back of your shoe if you try and put it on while laced and pull that rear part down with yoru heel) I just had to shoehorn it into place by pulling the iPad case back away from the iPad and pressing down in that corner at he same time.
This!

I was fiddling with it until it was gone. Also where the speaker grills are the case is really thin and not too stable, so might also show some silver there.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Recieved a replacement and its the same, three finger swipe closes every app perfectly fine but soon as I’m on the Home Screen half the time it doesn’t work and opens search, surely two cases can’t be defective, am I missing something ?

MassiveBeers

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2021
Hope, New Jersey
Recieved a replacement and its the same, three finger swipe closes every app perfectly fine but soon as I’m on the Home Screen half the time it doesn’t work and opens search, surely two cases can’t be defective, am I missing something ?
Just to be through I would look at your fingers.

I know it might sound silly but the issue might be a bad “connection” between your fingers and the touch pad. We use biometric finger scanners at my work and you’d be surprised how many people have issues with the interface for a myriad of reasons. Callouses, dry hands, dirty hands, etc ... just for science I would do a through hand washing and moisturize well and then give it a whirl.

Maybe even try your other hand also?

Not saying you have dirty digits or ashy fingers or anything, just looking to see if the issue is with the pad or the pointing device.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Thanks for response and suggestions although tried both hands and also have magic keyboard and that’s perfect, plus three finger swipe works every time in apps just not on Home Screen, might contact Logitech support.

Thanks.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Works perfect on a flat surface like a table, soon as it’s on the sofa or lift the keyboard up slightly the gestures become unreliable.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Thanks for response and suggestions although tried both hands and also have magic keyboard and that’s perfect, plus three finger swipe works every time in apps just not on Home Screen, might contact Logitech support.
I understand there’s a difference in speed/intensity. When in App, the fast 3 finger upwards swipe returns you to Home Screen, whereas a longer/slower swipe consistently shows App Switcher. Same goes for when you already are on Home Screen, which is your case. Slow 3 finger upwards swipe brings up App Switcher, and fast one does actually nothing here.
How did you manage to bring up Search with that gesture in Home Screen though, isn’t that 2 finger downwards swipe? That sounds like a defective trackpad to me.

Looking up the possible gestures a moment ago, did you know you can swipe from the top top bottom of trackpad with one finger to show dock (for Split View etc.)? No need for the clunky CMD+OPTION+D I was using. https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/trackpad-gestures-ipad66ce6358/ipados

Despacio

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I have been trying the Logitech and am torn on it or the Magic Keyboard. It’s so nice to have the detachable keyboard and full protection and I like the feel of it. It is heavy but nice and compact. Not having to go from magic to ESR portfolio is nice. The keyboard feels nice, the trackpad fine and the function keys super awesome.

So why am I torn? The distance.

it just feels so far back compared to the Magic Keyboard. Apple really nailed it with the floating concept and how close it is to the keys. Going back and forth between touch or pencil and the keyboard is so fluid. With the Logitech it’s so much further back it feels counterproductive. I suppose that’s why the function keys come into play.

I’ve got one day left to decide before the magic keyboard has to be returned. Its definitely a tough choice for me.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I have been trying the Logitech and am torn on it or the Magic Keyboard. It’s so nice to have the detachable keyboard and full protection and I like the feel of it. It is heavy but nice and compact. Not having to go from magic to ESR portfolio is nice. The keyboard feels nice, the trackpad fine and the function keys super awesome.

So why am I torn? The distance.

it just feels so far back compared to the Magic Keyboard. Apple really nailed it with the floating concept and how close it is to the keys. Going back and forth between touch or pencil and the keyboard is so fluid. With the Logitech it’s so much further back it feels counterproductive. I suppose that’s why the function keys come into play.

I’ve got one day left to decide before the magic keyboard has to be returned. Its definitely a tough choice for me.
For me with Logitech (I have the older version for my 11), it's that it just isn't good enough on laps/soft surfaces. Otherwise I really like it, and making the keyboard detachable is a huge improvement. But that one thing just kills it, given my use.

jukeboxaddict

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2014
This!

I was fiddling with it until it was gone. Also where the speaker grills are the case is really thin and not too stable, so might also show some silver there.

Yeah, it's the upper right area near the speaker cutout. It's fine right below the speaker itself, but to the right it runs a little high and still shows a tiny bit of silver – no matter how much I try and adjust it. Just a tiny imperfection that only bothers OCD people like me.

standtall711

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2021
Does anyone have a problem with the back of the case already bubbling at the fold? I’m considering a return in case this is an isolated incident.
86284D5B-6E4C-42D3-B179-CE443DD29FCD.jpeg

carloshacecosas

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2021
Anyone experiencing problems with the trackpad?

My trackpad randomly stops responding, and I have to touch a key on the keyboard (or connect it and disconnect it) to make it work again. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a span of minutes, while other times it takes hours.

I exchanged it for a new one at the Apple Store today, but this one is doing exactly the same.

Richard20000321

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2021
Anyone experiencing problems with the trackpad?

My trackpad randomly stops responding, and I have to touch a key on the keyboard (or connect it and disconnect it) to make it work again. Sometimes it happens multiple times in a span of minutes, while other times it takes hours.

I exchanged it for a new one at the Apple Store today, but this one is doing exactly the same.
Exactly the same here. And I’ve exchanged a new one, still the same. I assume it’s a software issue.
Maybe you could try to just press a key on the keyboard when trackpad stops responding and it will be back to work, it works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.