Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Totally random question here, does the Note 10 (and other modern Samsung phones) still have lag after using them for a few months? I tried the S4 years ago, it was fine for a little while but would lag after a month or so.

also what’s the bloatware like on these modern Samsung phones?

As my personal device I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max. However through a family member I have the opportunity to test out a Note 10.
No lag at all in my experience of using s10+ and note 10+

the recent UI overhaul has totally rid Samsung of the old touch wizz lag

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Totally random question here, does the Note 10 (and other modern Samsung phones) still have lag after using them for a few months? I tried the S4 years ago, it was fine for a little while but would lag after a month or so.

also what’s the bloatware like on these modern Samsung phones?

As my personal device I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max. However through a family member I have the opportunity to test out a Note 10.
My husband’s note 8 is over 2 years old and doesn’t lag. He won’t upgrade because he says the phone does everything he wants it to.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Note10 boards very powerful features which can consume plenty of ram so could be the reason for the lag (if there is any)

When i first got the phone i noticed lags with the keyboard as i was typing but that was only for few minutes and never had an issue since.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I heard something watching and older Louis Rossman video, he mentioned that on the earlier Sammy devices, they used slower ram and memory chips and coupled that with the growing TouchWiz skin.

My s7e does lag and sputter, but it's barely used most times. And it's a pretty old device.

It's been a while since I've used the newer Sammy devices, I got a tab s6 I'm experimenting with. Seems pretty nice! But I just opened it and got into it basically yesterday. Will see how it goes.

I do wonder if some of the newer phones and devices in general hiccup and sputter and jitter and lag at times due to on the fly full device encryption.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Short answer no, :)

As to bloatware a somewhat over rated topic and more of a US carrier issue

If your overly sensative to this then consider a international version that is also dual sim

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
When it comes to bloatware, there’s very little that you can’t hide and disable. It’s something easy for people to complain about. And bloatware for some might be an actual feature for others. With that said, Samsung’s do ship with more preinstalled apps than most other devices. But a lot of that is because Samsung has their own suite of apps for most things.

Reactions: iSilas

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
None of my Samsung phones since the s8+ have lagged. I have owned almost every flagship they have made since.

That’s great news, I haven’t tried a Samsung phone since I had the S4 and really didn't like it. After a few months I found it laggy and buggy.
The only reason I asked is because a family member has recently brought a Samsung TV and has the opportunity to claim a free Note 10. Im thinking of testing it alongside my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Reactions: yui4

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Gonna do the same, awaiting s11;) only thing i will keep is atv, probably - like 4k hdr movues and bought few of them...
Still have my Mac(s), ipad(s), and ATV 4k. Love them all, but I don't foresee ever going back to iOS.
Yep still DJ with a MacBook pro, still have 3 Apple TV's, and iPad pro. Love them all. Added a Chromecast ultra to the living room to supplement the missing airplay function on Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.