Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Do you guys use flash at all? Forgot about it completely but today when I use it the pics look even better.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Arrrggghh..... Dropped my Note 10 from about 2ft on tile, it was on my lap while I was lounging on my sofa and when I stood up it slid off and onto the tile. Now I've got a big ol' crack along the top of the screen originating from the upper left curve. Seriously, this is the last curved display phone I get, so far in my history of ownership I have managed to crack the display on 3 devices, S7 Edge, S9, and Note 10, all have curved displays and all the cracks originated from a curved edge.

Going back to my S10e for now.

Edit: For reference, in that same time frame I have also owned iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S7, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Essential Phone, S10e, Note 8, Note 9, Note 10, S9, S7Edge.
9a41b275d4df54bfdde5e0d9f3149f33.jpg

Last edited:

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
With the Ultra now rumored to cost over a billion dollars, I wonder how many people will actually order the Note 10+ instead. If we’re talking straight up value, the Note 10+ suddenly has it.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
The Note 10 will be an excellent value once the S20s release, but I told myself this year the must haves for a new phone for me are high refresh screen and 5G. So its out for me but I can see its appeal.

Reactions: mjschabow

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
The Note 10 will be an excellent value once the S20s release, but I told myself this year the must haves for a new phone for me are high refresh screen and 5G. So its out for me but I can see its appeal.

The funny thing is that between my 90hz Pixel 4 XL and iPhone 11 Pro Max, I really can’t tell the difference. I get the appeal but I kind of think it’s an overrated feature.

Reactions: sunking101 and yui4

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
The funny thing is that between my 90hz Pixel 4 XL and iPhone 11 Pro Max, I really can’t tell the difference. I get the appeal but I kind of think it’s an overrated feature.

Really? I definitely noticed it. But iPhones transitions and touch recognition is very smooth. I bet you'd notice a much bigger difference if you went from another 60Hz android device to the 90Hz Pixel.

I imagine the 120Hz refresh that we see on the S20 and probably the next iPhones will feel ridiculously smooth.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Seriously, this is the last curved display phone I get, so far in my history of ownership I have managed to crack the display on 3 devices, S7 Edge, S9, and Note 10, all have curved displays and all the cracks originated from a curved edge.

First off. Very disappointing. But, what happens next? Do you fix the displays or give them to some reputable company to recycle them?

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Arrrggghh..... Dropped my Note 10 from about 2ft on tile, it was on my lap while I was lounging on my sofa and when I stood up it slid off and onto the tile. Now I've got a big ol' crack along the top of the screen originating from the upper left curve. Seriously, this is the last curved display phone I get, so far in my history of ownership I have managed to crack the display on 3 devices, S7 Edge, S9, and Note 10, all have curved displays and all the cracks originated from a curved edge.

Edit: For reference, in that same time frame I have also owned iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S7, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Essential Phone, S10e, Note 8, Note 9, Note 10, S9, S7Edge.
Curves = death. Can’t wait until Sammy stop with that nonsense so I can get one of their flagships again.

Also sorry for your troubles there, hope that curse leaves you after this one!

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Well, my fellow Note10+ users... with 12GB of Ram do you guys ever find yourself trying to manage it by closing apps or seeing what’s in the background? Or do you not bother with it.

I‘m accustomed to not closing apps on my iPhone due to how Apple handles background apps and I’m just wondering does the same methods apply to the Note10+ as well... trusting Android/Samsung to handle background tasks.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
First off. Very disappointing. But, what happens next? Do you fix the displays or give them to some reputable company to recycle them?
I have insurance with at&t, so I get them repaired that way. Cheapest way to do so, these curved displays aren't cheap!

Reactions: jamezr

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Well, my fellow Note10+ users... with 12GB of Ram do you guys ever find yourself trying to manage it by closing apps or seeing what’s in the background? Or do you not bother with it.

I‘m accustomed to not closing apps on my iPhone due to how Apple handles background apps and I’m just wondering does the same methods apply to the Note10+ as well... trusting Android/Samsung to handle background tasks.
Never found the need to close apps, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, but if you do close them, it won't be an issue.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Never found the need to close apps, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, but if you do close them, it won't be an issue.

I’m looking forward to learning everything there is to know about to Note10.. it’s always refreshing to use a different OS every now and then. I’m sure I’ll be back the iPhone when the new one is released... but as of now, I’m alright with the Note10+ and iPP combo.

Reactions: jamezr and andy2141

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010

Never needed to (unless the app was acting up). I like how a YouTube video stays exactly where I left it (at the same position too) exactly where I left it 2 days earlier. My iPhone X on the other hand sometimes kills an app just because I switched to another one (both on iOS 12 and 13).
[automerge]1580863022[/automerge]

Happened to me once. Phone slipped barely 1 foot and hit the tiles. The LED flip view case thing opened up and the phone hit the edge (both left corner). Had a small crack under the factory screen protector, and some lines appeared. I lived with it for a bit until the bottom bit of the phone changed to white (at full brightness) and became unbearable to use (especially at night, since I have always had eyes sensitive to light). Took it in to repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.