Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Ohhh when did MS/Samsung phone companion gain dialing/receiving from your laptop, it was the last piece missing :)

phone.jpg

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Ohhh when did MS/Samsung phone companion gain dialing/receiving from your laptop, it was the last piece missing :)

How’s that Galaxy Fold treating you? I was thrilled when Samsung first announced it... then soon when issues came up from early reviewers, I became disinterested in it.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
How’s that Galaxy Fold treating you? I was thrilled when Samsung first announced it... then soon when issues came up from early reviewers, I became disinterested in it.
The fold has been great and the real-estate becomes the norm so when you revert to even a S10+ it seems small

The number of times a day I forget my glasses on my desk but can still read messages etc with ease, but I can't say I use the multi windows as much as I thought initially

The big screen is not as fragile as many think and of course its always protected when closed, after the first few days you soon forget about nagging doubts and being cautious

I did have a problem with the small front screen though, not responding to touch despite a few restarts so
I used Samsung care that comes with the FOLD:

After calling the help line just before midnight, they followed up the next morning with a call to confirm a "Runner" would be at my location between 2pm and 3pm.

He arrived with a small pelican case for my phone, gave me a loan Note 9 and said they would be in touch when repaired. I received an sms by 6:30pm same day that it was repaired.

Then same process next day a "runner" turned up with my phone.

Could not be easier and the loan phone meant I was not left out of touch, great service.

The only downside is these damn E Sims that are single use activated and it's better to have your local sim as the e-sim and your secondary as a physical sim, so that any reactivation can be done easily

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
As much as I'd like a Pixel, I think I'd miss having an ultra wide too much. Whether you prefer zoom or ultra wide is irrelevant, there's no reason why it can't have both. Every other manufacture can provide both.

Happy with how the Note 10+ is handling pics on a short trip.

Last edited:

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Anyone find the Android 10 gestures to be a bit half baked? I find the recent apps to be hard to evoke from the home screen, and it seems I can scroll through recent apps via a swipe along the bottom (similar to how you can on iOS or pixel 4). Am I missing something?

I've went back to the tradition navigation bar and Nova launcher....it's enjoyable in its own right.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Anyone find the Android 10 gestures to be a bit half baked? I find the recent apps to be hard to evoke from the home screen, and it seems I can scroll through recent apps via a swipe along the bottom (similar to how you can on iOS or pixel 4). Am I missing something?

I've went back to the tradition navigation bar and Nova launcher....it's enjoyable in its own right.
Not at all, I find them really good. I'd never go back to navigation bars. Have you tried downloading the suite of apps that come with good lock? That offers more options for the switcher.

Reactions: SDColorado

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

I’m with @michael9891... I’d never go back to navigation bars. Perhaps, because I’m just coming off of iOS... Accustomed to the guestures. And transitioning from iOS to Android 10 with how Samsung implemented Task Changer under Good Lock seems perfect for me.

But I can understand those who is accustomed the navigational bars.. it makes sense.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
I’m with @michael9891... I’d never go back to navigation bars. Perhaps, because I’m just coming off of iOS... Accustomed to the guestures. And transitioning from iOS to Android 10 with how Samsung implemented Task Changer under Good Lock seems perfect for me.

But I can understand those who is accustomed the navigational bars.. it makes sense.
Gotcha.

I've spent three last three years on ios. My issue is when I swipe sideways on the bottom of the screen, my phone will repeat between the two most recent apps. On ios and on the pixel 4, I can side swipe scroll several apps back.

Do you have this issue?

Reactions: AnonMac50

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Gotcha.

I've spent three last three years on ios. My issue is when I swipe sideways on the bottom of the screen, my phone will repeat between the two most recent apps. On ios and on the pixel 4, I can side swipe scroll several apps back.

Do you have this issue?

Yeah, same issue your having. But I have to admit, I don’t really swipe bottom of the screen. When I was on iOS... I just swipe up for AppSwitcher to go to a certain app.

Reactions: AnonMac50

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Decided I’m going to pickup either this or a Pixel 4 XL next week if the trade ins and pricing for the s20 aren’t great. The second hand prices right now for those two devices are too good to pass up.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Quick question for people using Android 10 with the old gestures, is there a way to have a single swipe back or home in a full screen app? I was able to do it on Android 9 (which was nice considering the 10 series did away with the pressure sensitive home button that the 8/9 series had), but I have to do double swipes now. Unless I use the new gestures, which while fine, aren’t as good for the most part as the old ones for my use cases.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Gotcha.

Do you have this issue?
Yeah, same issue your having. But I have to admit, I don’t really swipe bottom of the screen. When I was on iOS... I just swipe up for AppSwitcher to go to a certain app.

I was actually just about to ask about this. I know in the Pixel version’s of Android it works the same way as iOS, and I use that a lot, but here I can only switch between the two most recent apps. Interestingly, this even seems to work for me with the old gestures.

Swampbaby985

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2013
East Texas
Why is this an issue for people? So phones come with a few apps you don't want, big deal. Uninstall or disable them, it's not like they'll slow the phone down.
They take up storage on the phone and of you disable them they're just hidden from the phone but still taking room. When I had my S7 edge it came pre installed with Samsung stuff...then Google's stuff...then a bunch of Verizon **** also. Then I installed 1 app from the play store next thing I know 5 games suddenly are installed on my phone, slot machine crap, some kinda candy crush knock off and a bunch of other bloatware bs.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
They take up storage on the phone and of you disable them they're just hidden from the phone but still taking room. When I had my S7 edge it came pre installed with Samsung stuff...then Google's stuff...then a bunch of Verizon **** also. Then I installed 1 app from the play store next thing I know 5 games suddenly are installed on my phone, slot machine crap, some kinda candy crush knock off and a bunch of other bloatware bs.
Yeah, because a few apps on a 128gb/256gb phone takes up loads of space.

And if you installed something that then came with other stuff, maybe you should have been more careful with what you download? I've never had anything install itself that I didn't want.

Doesn't every manufacturer (Apple included) come with pre installed software?

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
A few measly apps? Plus isn't this a Note 10 thread?
Yep, Not this old banana :rolleyes:

Most of it is self inflicted, international versions almost 0, Facebook and game launcher are 2 you cant delete only disable and facebook is the most used messenger app in the US LOL

Pick your phone, storage and carrier wisely if you are sensitive to so called bloatware

In fact when I lived in the US we welcomed AT&T apps as they were useful to us foreigners at first

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.