Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Not liking the way Samsung handles screen stats since the Android 10 update. It will only tell me the screen time per day or hour and not since I last charged it. Big step backwards. Plus the way the screen/battery section looks isn't very appealing.

And the fact they still haven't updated Good Lock is extremely poor. Android 10/One UI 2 has only brought negatives to my Note 10+, can't think of a single benefit.

Thanks for the tip, only today i declined to update to android 10 cause i read some negative reviews on Samsung forum
[automerge]1579351677[/automerge]
Also there was some complaints of battery drainage....

Reactions: sunking101

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Thanks for the tip, only today i declined to update to android 10 cause i read some negative reviews on Samsung forum
[automerge]1579351677[/automerge]
Also there was some complaints of battery drainage....
I don't think my battery has been worse but I won't be able to tell if there's battery drainage because its too difficult to work out what's been used since the last charge. The stats thing will no doubt be a One UI 2 thing.

Also simple things like if I go into my app switcher and decide to go to the home screen, I have to swipe up from the bottom again. Instead of simply tapping the screen above the apps in the switcher.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Not liking the way Samsung handles screen stats since the Android 10 update. It will only tell me the screen time per day or hour and not since I last charged it. Big step backwards. Plus the way the screen/battery section looks isn't very appealing.

And the fact they still haven't updated Good Lock is extremely poor. Android 10/One UI 2 has only brought negatives to my Note 10+, can't think of a single benefit.

Seriously? Why would they do that???

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
another blind camera test..Note 10 wins again!

They never take the pictures with moving kids with these tests though. Lol.

I judge my camera less by the shots that should come out well, and more by how it performs in difficult conditions. I still think the Pixel is barely #1 in that category with iPhone 11 Pro not far behind. But the Galaxy series has a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
They never take the pictures with moving kids with these tests though. Lol.

I judge my camera less by the shots that should come out well, and more by how it performs in difficult conditions. I still think the Pixel is barely #1 in that category with iPhone 11 Pro not far behind. But the Galaxy series has a lot of work to do.
I would rate the 11 pro third myself. I would have the Note 10 and Pixel and then the 11 pro
Not all pictures are of moving objects. I would venture to guess quite the opposite quite frankly.
But I can see where people with kids would take more pics of their kids moving and such :)

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I would rate the 11 pro third myself. I would have the Note 10 and Pixel and then the 11 pro
Not all pictures are of moving objects. I would venture to guess quite the opposite quite frankly.
But I can see where people with kids would take more pics of their kids moving and such :)
It’s the only thing I seem to take pics of these days lol

I do prefer the portrait mode on the iPhone which I use quite a lot. However the rumour of a possible macro lens on the S20 intrigues me (not likely). The iPhone has always been rubbish at really close up shots.

Another thing I like taking pictures of is close up shots of flowers (lol) and Samsung phones have always done macro shots really well. So a dedicated macro lens would be interesting. I’d probably pick that over a TOF sensor unless the portrait video and 3D scanner has improved since the note 10 +.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSilas and jamezr

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Android 10 has finally come out on my Australian Note 10+. Though it still hasn’t gotten the January update. I might wait till Good Lock is updated first though.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Anybody is intending to keep the note 10 longer term, how many android updates is it expected to get after android 10?

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Oh ye i am keeping my Note 10+ for a while. Have to use the hell out of it then we'll see with Note 20.
I’ve never kept a Samsung past 1 year old, I’ve told myself I’d try and keep the note 10+ for 2 years, just wondering how they fare over time with regards to updates, slowing down, etc?

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
slowing down, etc

It was apple that was accused deliberately slowing down older phones to play with the new phone market.

Believe it or not even my s7 edge is going hard up to this minute. I use it from time to time and it never lags or slows.

Reactions: yui4

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
It was apple that was accused deliberately slowing down older phones to play with the new phone market.

Believe it or not even my s7 edge is going hard up to this minute. I use it from time to time and it never lags or slows.

That is really good! I had the S4 back in the day and even after a few months it started to lag, I also didn’t like the bloatware on it.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
I really wish Samsung's current team including engineers , designers , ceo , President and other personnel stay longer. The massive success of S6, s7, s8, N8 , s9, N9 , s10, N10 was obvious.
[automerge]1579620522[/automerge]
I had the S4

8 years ago? My wife had s3 and she absolutely loved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr and Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I really wish Samsung's current team including engineers , designers , ceo , President and other personnel stay longer. The massive success of S6, s7, s8, N8 , s9, N9 , s10, N10 was obvious.
[automerge]1579620522[/automerge]

8 years ago? My wife had s3 and she absolutely loved it.

yea it was a while ago! it was the first and last time I had a Samsung phone, it put me off unfortunately. However I do Like the look of their newer devices (since the S6 edge).

I’m guessing android and Samsung have got better over time, but I’ve just stuck with Apple and iPhone since then.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
I’ve never kept a Samsung past 1 year old, I’ve told myself I’d try and keep the note 10+ for 2 years, just wondering how they fare over time with regards to updates, slowing down, etc?
My GFs note 8 is still going strong. It runs one UI fine, battery is still good etc.

Only issue is some light burn in on the OLED.

I gave her my pixel 3a XL because she wanted the better camera. However even as someone who doesn't care about phones, she remarked that she missed some of the Samsung features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.