Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Wonder if rumours that the note 10 will be 128GB and 1TB and miss out the 512GB...anybody think this could be the case?

Reactions: 5105973

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Sounds like a strange decision from Samsung if that's true. Personally I wouldn't really care though as 128 is enough for me and if not I'll just pop the SD in.
Agreed, 512GB is more than enough for me currently. I have like 420GB left lol

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Wonder if rumours that the note 10 will be 128GB and 1TB and miss out the 512GB...anybody think this could be the case?
That would be very Aggle/Goople of them if true. I’m sick of being herded into excessive price tiers to avoid being stuck with something that could be inadequate to my needs. You just know that’s what these weird tiers are for. At least with Samsung we do still have expandable storage.

Reactions: Breaking Good

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
The Note 10 will be a monster of a phone. 4 rear cameras, a near 90% screen to body ratio at that size? I am curious to see how it is on paper when the specs leak out completely.

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Note 10 will be great, but people need to consider how badly the phones depreciate every year. They make up for it with some good pre-order bonuses, but paying msrp on any Android besides a OnePlus or Pixel doesn't make sense.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Note 10 will be great, but people need to consider how badly the phones depreciate every year. They make up for it with some good pre-order bonuses, but paying msrp on any Android besides a OnePlus or Pixel doesn't make sense.

Paying $800 for a Pixel 3 doesn't make sense to me. It has only 4gb RAM and a same recycled design for multiple generations. Add in some poor QC and stagnant specs, you got yourself an underwhelming product.

I paid $100 extra for the S10 over the 6T. I get a larger QHD screen w/ HDR+ 10, stereo speakers, a better in display FP sensor, 3 rear cameras, IP 68 water resistance, a SD slot, Samsung Pay, a heartbeat sensor for exercise, wireless charging, reverse wireless charging, a headphone jack, 2gb more RAM than the $550 6T, a faster processor, no notch, a bevy of Samsung features, a more reliable OEM, and a better designed product.

Reactions: koigirl

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Paying $800 for a Pixel 3 doesn't make sense to me. It has only 4gb RAM and a same recycled design for multiple generations. Add in some poor QC and stagnant specs, you got yourself an underwhelming product.

I paid $100 extra for the S10 over the 6T. I get a larger QHD screen w/ HDR+ 10, stereo speakers, a better in display FP sensor, 3 rear cameras, IP 68 water resistance, a SD slot, Samsung Pay, a heartbeat sensor for exercise, wireless charging, reverse wireless charging, a headphone jack, 2gb more RAM than the $550 6T, a faster processor, no notch, a bevy of Samsung features, a more reliable OEM, and a better designed product.
A pixel is worth msrp only because the price won't go down much for months. An LG phone seems to lose 50% of it's msrp within 2 months .

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
A pixel is worth msrp only because the price won't go down much for months. An LG phone seems to lose 50% of it's msrp within 2 months .

A Pixel could be had for $200 off quite often. That's a 25% discount. LG is a really bad proposition since carriers can't get rid of them soon enough.

LG is the Fallout 76 of smartphone OEMs.

Reactions: tonybarnaby

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I expect a slightly bigger battery than the Plus, probably 10 GB of RAM, maybe more storage at the baseline, SPen wiith some small update, and an additional camera. It will also probably start around $1200.

I've always been a Note fan but this one only seems like worthwhile upgrade on the Plus if you really need the Spen. Otherwise, IMO just save the money and buy a Plus.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It makes it worth it with trade in bonus. Certainly with Samsung it does.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I expect a slightly bigger battery than the Plus, probably 10 GB of RAM, maybe more storage at the baseline, SPen wiith some small update, and an additional camera. It will also probably start around $1200.

I've always been a Note fan but this one only seems like worthwhile upgrade on the Plus if you really need the Spen. Otherwise, IMO just save the money and buy a Plus.
The display will also probably be 6.7" compared to the 6.4" of the 10+, which helps seal the deal for me.

It may also very well have 5G which maybe won't mean much for another 1-2 years but would make the phone more future proof for those in for the long haul.

Reactions: jamezr

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
The display will also probably be 6.7" compared to the 6.4" of the 10+, which helps seal the deal for me.

It may also very well have 5G which maybe won't mean much for another 1-2 years but would make the phone more future proof for those in for the long haul.
Samsung has yet to make a phone that’s still running well 3 years later. This can be said for any android phone, and even some iPhones. An s8+ is stilll decent, but doesn’t compare to the s10+ in many ways. Plus, support from Samsung will probably be over soon.

Puddled

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
Samsung has yet to make a phone that’s still running well 3 years later. This can be said for any android phone, and even some iPhones. An s8+ is stilll decent, but doesn’t compare to the s10+ in many ways. Plus, support from Samsung will probably be over soon.

My S6 runs like a champ.

Reactions: 1050792

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Wait what? My friend from India is still using a Note 4 last time I looked, which was a few months ago.

I don’t know if it’s still supported with updates, but it works here and when she travels in India. She calls and texts me fine on it. Her calls even come in nice and clear which is something I couldn’t say when my daughter’s teacher used to call my iPhone 7 Plus from her iPhone 6s a couple of years ago. I think tin cans and string would have worked better than that combo. Yikes.

Reactions: Tsepz

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
My S8+ Is faster than my iPhone X which was the same speed as my XS Max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.