Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I regularly get the same 6 - 8 hours SOT on my Exynos Note 10 Plus.
I had heard the Exynos Note was much better than the Exynos S10+, due to the chip being newer. I asked about the SD as they're the ones you can get much cheaper than in the UK.

zonazolazia

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2016
I regularly get the same 6 - 8 hours SOT on my Exynos Note 10 Plus.
I've used Exynos S8 Plus, Note 8, Note 9, S10 Plus and 5 is the maximum SoT I've ever achieved. Usually it's around 3.5-4.5 hours.

Snapdragon Note 10 plus on the other hand ...
be7a65b5d8d84b670b58ee292184e553.jpg

ultramagnus

Suspended
Oct 22, 2019
Question for Note 10 or Note 10+ users.
How the camera quality, today, with the latest firmware? I mean now with iPhone 11 and Pixel 4 on the market, how does the Note 10 fare? Night mode? And does the tof camera on the plus do anything extra compared to the non plus version?

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
Question for Note 10 or Note 10+ users.
How the camera quality, today, with the latest firmware? I mean now with iPhone 11 and Pixel 4 on the market, how does the Note 10 fare? Night mode? And does the tof camera on the plus do anything extra compared to the non plus version?
Looks great to me but I don't have an iPhone 11 or Pixel 4 to compare it to.
I can't imagine getting either phone, so the Note is great.
I have a Note 10 plus, so again, I can't compare to the smaller Note 10.
From what I see in "vs" videos, I'm not overly worried about small victories, the Note 10 camera is still up there with the best.
There's a few on here with all three cameras, they'll give you a better idea, but I'm very happy with the camera.
Would I recommend the Note? Absolutely.
Is there better value phones out there? Absolutely, if you can justify the high price of the Note 10, I cant imagine the camera will disappoint, the Pixel and iPhone seem to have an edge when it comes to cameras and both look like great options.

Last edited:

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
can anyone recommend a drawing app/sketch/notes app for the spen please

I use PENUP, it comes on the phone. The photo drawing option basically let's you trace any photo in your gallery. I also use Autodesk Sketchbook, it's free and has tonnes of features.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Check out painter its cool.
Thanks
[automerge]1572199478[/automerge]
I know I have asked this before but bar the Samsung Buda and Jabra Elite's are there any wireless earphones that are worth getting

I was looking at the new Sony Wireless earphones but they are very expensive and I heard they are not the comfortable

Last edited:

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I just manged to get an esim yesterday for my Fold

I did not realise that esim supports several accounts so you can have 3 or 4 sims effectively

Would be good in future Notes given only some countries Notes are given 2 physical sim slots

Reactions: jamezr

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Thanks
[automerge]1572199478[/automerge]
I know I have asked this before but bar the Samsung Buda and Jabra Elite's are there any wireless earphones that are worth getting

I was looking at the new Sony Wireless earphones but they are very expensive and I heard they are not the comfortable
The Samsung buds are wonderful - comfortable and excellent sound. Jabra Elite are almost as good. Reasons you aren't looking at those?

Reactions: SDColorado

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
The Samsung buds are wonderful - comfortable and excellent sound. Jabra Elite are almost as good. Reasons you aren't looking at those?
I had the buds and they were not loud at all. Literally I had to put the volume to max and still it wasn't loud so I gave up and returned them.

I read that the Jabra Elites have issues where the left bud keeps cutting out. My friend had them and said that the issue persists.

I have read good things about the Sony Wf1000xm3 but they are really expensive...not sure if I want to spend that much.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I didn't realise you could return things like headphones. Especially buds & in ear. Not something I'd want second hand!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I didn't realise you could return things like headphones. Especially buds & in ear. Not something I'd want second hand!
It depends on the store over here. I think they can return anything in the US within the returns limit. I did return some ur beats to Apple a few years ago within the 14 day refund limit and they had no issues. However I didn’t imagine curry’s for example would accept headphones back unless they were faulty.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Alright, starting to get irritated with one thing. I was in two buildings / Restaurants recently, and I had signal, but I could not use the internet on my phone. I tried to check in at a restaurant in facebook, but couldn't get any data to transfer on my phone at both places. If I used my S9 plus work phone, it worked fine. Just not the N10 plus. This is a problem for me if I can't use my device in some buildings and my s9 worked just fine. Tells me something is not right with the signal strength on this device. I work in datacenters a lot and need the phone to have a fairly strong signal.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Alright, starting to get irritated with one thing. I was in two buildings / Restaurants recently, and I had signal, but I could not use the internet on my phone. I tried to check in at a restaurant in facebook, but couldn't get any data to transfer on my phone at both places. If I used my S9 plus work phone, it worked fine. Just not the N10 plus. This is a problem for me if I can't use my device in some buildings and my s9 worked just fine. Tells me something is not right with the signal strength on this device. I work in datacenters a lot and need the phone to have a fairly strong signal.

Did you use same network on both phones? I have no any issues with signal but calls seem bit louder and clearer on S9 than Note 10. Refer few issues here.....

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It really depends on your carrier. I work in a datacenter as well in IT security. We have contracts with AT&T and Verizon and have repeaters all through our 3 buildings. So people on those carriers get pretty good throughput. I have coworkers on T-Mobile and they can't get signal to save their life. I know some of that is T-Mobile's signal and some of it is the repeater for the other carriers.

So are both your work and personal phone on the same carrier? I have Verizon for both of mine and I have coverage in buildings and out lying areas other people don't.

I have a Note 10+ and 11 pro max and the Note gets better signal and faster downloads speeds because of the Qualcomm Snapdragon modems

There is always the possibility you have a defective device? Maybe have your carrier replace the sim card?

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I love Pixels and they're definitely my favourite camera on a smartphone. But it's great to have a Note 10+. Loving the huge screen and features you find on a Samsung like good lock and apps edge etc.

My biggest complaint of the S10+ was the FPS. It's definitely much improved on the Note. Taking a little getting used to not having the swipe back from the sides on Android 10.

Bought a clear case but probably won't use it as I'm liking the official blue leather case I also bought. Let's see how long I can make this phone last before getting bored and wanting a change!

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkX

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Got the November security update today! Good job Samsung.

7f067775975a943990686d7a4dce4242.jpg

I only finally got the October update yesterday (Nov 1st.). I think it’s gonna be a while before I get the a November update.
[automerge]1572687588[/automerge]
I love Pixels and they're definitely my favourite camera on a smartphone. But it's great to have a Note 10+. Loving the huge screen and features you find on a Samsung like good lock and apps edge etc.

My biggest complaint of the S10+ was the FPS. It's definitely much improved on the Note. Taking a little getting used to not having the swipe back from the sides on Android 10.

Bought a clear case but probably won't use it as I'm liking the official blue leather case I also bought. Let's see how long I can make this phone last before getting bored and wanting a change!

You can use One Handed Operation+ from the Galaxy Store for that. It’s part of Samsung’s Good Lock suite of applications.

Reactions: michael9891
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.