Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I received my LTE Active2 and really like it in tandem with Note 10+. Started with 40mm which seemed small even on my thin female wrist so traded in for 44mm which I'm really liking for slightly larger screen and increased battery life. This watch is doing everything I need it to and I am as satisfied with it as my Apple Watch 4. Much better watch software experience than Gear S3 from 2 years ago.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
So, i will probably test note10 as my first android device ever - sammy is having great promotion here (-20%), and new buggy ios is pishing me to experiment little bit:)
So i will risk pwm flicker (maybe ill be ok?), will hope to find some good ad blocker, and hope googles find my friend versin would work, so all i will miss hopefully is imessage.

but one question, dont you feel bit scared that you save your photos with google - after all, it is still mainly ad selling company. Or do you ise samsung photo app/cloud? Opinions?

I use no cloud services whatsoever, not iCloud, not OneDrive, no Google and no Samsung cloud, nothing. I don’t like cloud services 😁

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I love the battery on this thing. Exynos model note 10+ 5g. I take it off its charger at around
5am, use it to varying degrees during the working day, predominantly on the wifi as LTE reception is awful, goes back on the charger aound 11pm and still has around 30-40% charge which for me is brilliant. Dont think I've ever fully drained the battery yet and I have tried!

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
adguard will block system wide ads. youtube vance will block all youtube ads and allow background playback.

Thanks, I only had adverts in youtube, I'm trying the 4 month trial of youtube premium now so I have no adverts apart.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
How good is the iPhone 11 Pro compared to the Note 10

My cousin wants to swap her new Pro for my 10 and I am debating if I should do it.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013

My cousin wants to swap her new Pro for my 10 and I am debating if I should do it.

It’s all about what’s important to you. If you miss iOS and want a more reliable camera, make the switch and get the 11 Pro.

Reactions: 5105973

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US

It really comes down to your preferences. I have both phones the 11 pro max and note 10+.
They both have awesome cameras. Not much of a difference between them.
I use faceunlock/faceid on both of them but acknowledge FaceID is much more secure on the 11 pro max

Have you used a Note before? the S-Pen is a great feature. don't use it a ton. But when I needed it is a a great feature to have.

I also don't stream a lot of music or movies on my phones. I prefer to store them locally.
The Note 10+ comes with 256GB of default storage and a an SD Card slot.
I have 30GB of music and 50GB of movies on a 256GB Samsung SD card.
My 11 pro max came with 64GB for the same price as the note 10+ with 256GB

Android offers much more customization than IOS on the 11 pro max. But IOS is pretty smooth and offers a great user experience.
I think video recording is better on the 11 pro max tbh.

It comes down to personal preferences. If you have a LOT of Apple devices in your house....might be better to go with the iPhone to be honest as it all works pretty seamless together.

If you have a mixed environment (such as me :)) Android makes a great change of pace and offers (IMHO) more choices and options.

I love my Note 10+ and I use it more than my 11 Pro Max

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
It really comes down to your preferences. I have both phones the 11 pro max and note 10+.
They both have awesome cameras. Not much of a difference between them.
I use faceunlock/faceid on both of them but acknowledge FaceID is much more secure on the 11 pro max

Have you used a Note before? the S-Pen is a great feature. don't use it a ton. But when I needed it is a a great feature to have.

I also don't stream a lot of music or movies on my phones. I prefer to store them locally.
The Note 10+ comes with 256GB of default storage and a an SD Card slot.
I have 30GB of music and 50GB of movies on a 256GB Samsung SD card.
My 11 pro max came with 64GB for the same price as the note 10+ with 256GB

Android offers much more customization than IOS on the 11 pro max. But IOS is pretty smooth and offers a great user experience.
I think video recording is better on the 11 pro max tbh.

It comes down to personal preferences. If you have a LOT of Apple devices in your house....might be better to go with the iPhone to be honest as it all works pretty seamless together.

If you have a mixed environment (such as me :)) Android makes a great change of pace and offers (IMHO) more choices and options.

I love my Note 10+ and I use it more than my 11 Pro Max
Thanks
I currently have the note 10 plus

I had the XS Max before I gave it away to a relative and bought the note 10 plus as I wanted a change.
I guess I miss a few apps that are only iOS such as Bear and notability....plus Apple Music works better on iOS than Android.

What annoys me about the note 10 is the cloud backup. When you backup using iCloud your phone is an exact carbon copy when you restore it however I have found that not to be the case with Samsung cloud as I have to factory reset the phone and not everything backed up.

Reactions: 5105973 and jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Thanks

I had the XS Max before I gave it away to a relative and bought the note 10 plus as I wanted a change.
I guess I miss a few apps that are only iOS such as Bear and notability....plus Apple Music works better on iOS than Android.

What annoys me about the note 10 is the cloud backup. When you backup using iCloud your phone is an exact carbon copy when you restore it however I have found that not to be the case with Samsung cloud as I have to factory reset the phone and not everything backed up.
I have an exact copy of my Note 10+ on my SD Card...so no need to go to the cloud to restore my phone.
I use Samsung Smart switch to back up to the sd card. But I think Google and Samsung offer cloud backup/restore. But they are not exact copies. Apple does back/restore better through icloud or itunes.

Maybe you guys could switch for a week and see if you are both happy with the change?

5ff1b5cb9a397a1ffb4ad48d40ce507f.jpg

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Thanks

One thing that's become obvious to me since switching back to iOS is that the issue still remains where apps just run better on iOS. On the Note 10, Yahoo Fantasy app was an absolute pain to use on Sundays. I had to force close the app every time I wanted to see my updated score. That's just one of several annoyances I had with apps on Android.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
One thing that's become obvious to me since switching back to iOS is that the issue still remains where apps just run better on iOS. On the Note 10, Yahoo Fantasy app was an absolute pain to use on Sundays. I had to force close the app every time I wanted to see my updated score. That's just one of several annoyances I had with apps on Android.
When I had the XS Max I noticed that apps did run better on the iPhone but I found the Samsung to be faster actually in terms of opeartion.
Oh you switched back

Did you get the 11 pro or pro max?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
When I had the XS Max I noticed that apps did run better on the iPhone but I found the Samsung to be faster actually in terms of opeartion.
Oh you switched back

Did you get the 11 pro or pro max?

I did. Got the regular 11 Pro. Much easier one hand use she still get amazing battery.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I have an exact copy of my Note 10+ on my SD Card...so no need to go to the cloud to restore my phone.
I use Samsung Smart switch to back up to the sd card. But I think Google and Samsung offer cloud backup/restore. But they are not exact copies. Apple does back/restore better through icloud or itunes.

Maybe you guys could switch for a week and see if you are both happy with the change?

I have been using Samsung cloud not an SD Card and I have always had problems like half through the restore using Samsung cloud a pop up would occur saying not everything could be restored and I would have to do it again,
iCloud is clearly superior and I have never had any problems
[automerge]1573151714[/automerge]
I did. Got the regular 11 Pro. Much easier one hand use she still get amazing battery.
Oh I thought you would have had the Max since the Note 10+ is a big phone
I head the new Pro Max batter is absolutely amazing.
How much storage do you have.....64gb or 256gb?

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I have been using Samsung cloud not an SD Card and I have always had problems like half through the restore using Samsung cloud a pop up would occur saying not everything could be restored and I would have to do it again,
iCloud is clearly superior and I have never had any problems
[automerge]1573151714[/automerge]

Oh I thought you would have had the Max since the Note 10+ is a big phone
I head the new Pro Max batter is absolutely amazing.
How much storage do you have.....64gb or 256gb?

Yeah the regular Pro is just easier to hold. And battery is even better than the Note on a smaller form factor.

I went with 64gb. Everything is on the cloud and I have unlimited data. Still have snot 35gb left.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Yeah the regular Pro is just easier to hold. And battery is even better than the Note on a smaller form factor.

I went with 64gb. Everything is on the cloud and I have unlimited data. Still have snot 35gb left.
Oh fair enough

Is there an app on android that is as good as notability or bear than can be used.
Those are the two apps I miss the most and I find Google Keep notes underwhelming

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Oh fair enough

Is there an app on android that is as good as notability or bear than can be used.
Those are the two apps I miss the most and I find Google Keep notes underwhelming

That I can’t answer unfortunately as I’ve never used them.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011

Didn’t even know that was possible. Thanks

Reactions: jamezr

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016

Will it organise your home screen like iOS?

Reactions: jamezr

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I thinking of picking up a note 10+ again, waiting to see what Black Friday deals there are or finding a good deal on a mint one on swappa.

Question: which versions of this phone can run the one ui 2.0 beta?

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I thinking of picking up a note 10+ again, waiting to see what Black Friday deals there are or finding a good deal on a mint one on swappa.

Question: which versions of this phone can run the one ui 2.0 beta?

I am pretty sure only the unlocked models from Samsung are getting invited to the betas. You open the Samsung Members app and check the notifications for the beta invites.

Reactions: co.ag.2005
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.