Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
I found it you gotta only use the samsung messages app.. I had google messages installed.

All good.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
For 2 years I have been saying on this site I am going to ditch the iPhone and get a Note. Just got so tired of the iPhone and its lack of anything wow. Well 2 months ago I got the Note 10 Plus on a 2 year contract through my local carrier Optus here in Australia.

I previously had the S2 and the Note 3 and hated them both, returned the S2 after 2 days and returned the Note 3 after 2 weeks.

I took the Note 10 Plus home, unboxed it, and within 48 hours I re-boxed it and put it up on Gumtree for sale. It was just weird and all the bad memories came rushing back. So I started watching iPhone 11 video reviews on youtube while I waited for offers to come through. Luckily there's a lot of tight asses out there only prepared to offer $900 for a $1,600 phone, so I decided not to sell it because of the low offers. And now I couldn't be happier.

I love this phone. I farken love the Note 10 Plus. Once you break away from iOS and learn how to use this phone and Android, you will realise there is such a bigger world out there outside of the garden wall Apple contains you in.

Security issues, not a problem.
Lag, not a problem.
Display, amazing.
Camera, amazing.
All the stuff I thought was weird initially, now makes sense.
S-Pen, comes in handy, I don't use it every day but I like the fact it's there.
The app stores, not as bad as iPhone users will have you believe.
Blazing fast.
System wide night mode.

This device is like a computer in your pocket.

Best phone I have ever had.

There are a couple of things that the iPhone does better, but there are plenty of things Samsung does better.

And the customisation is mind blowing, really. Two months ago I did not know what a launcher was. I now have 4 launchers I can go back and forth with, ui one still being the main launcher. From themes to wall papers to button packs and launchers, the customisation on this device is something an iPhone only user will never understand.

Two months on and I'm still learning this device and I have used it extensively every day. On some weekends in particular, I have not put the phone down. Every day I find out something new. For instance, did you know that through the one handed app you can bring down the screen like the iPhone can when you double tap the iPhone home button? Effectively, the note has two one-handed modes.

And I haven't been to a retailer who did not accept Samsung Pay.

This phone is THE king of smartphones. Don't think I'm ever going back to iPhone and I could not care less.

Nice story, yes Note 10 is the king of kings.

Reactions: jamezr

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I agree. I might have the iPhone 11 pro Max but I’ll readily admit that the note 10 + is the best phone of 2019.

100%. I actually miss this phone daily. iOS I’m more comfortable with but the Galaxies released this year are so good that I actually miss not having them (talking about the S10 too).

Reactions: Shanghaichica

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
This is the first year that I’ve genuinely struggled to chose. Normally I get a Samsung or 2 but know I’m returning to the iPhone. This year has been not like that.

Reactions: mjschabow

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Having an iPad is a great reminder to me just how much I dislike iOS. It hasn't felt anywhere near as smooth and the fact there seems to be more updates than usual tells me Apple knows it's not running as it should. So no way I'd be happy with an iPhone for long.

Not even missing the Pixel camera (which I still prefer over any phone camera), the Note 10+ is just a great device all over.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
$200 of all Note 10 models plus free Galaxy buds from Microsoft on Black Friday. Honestly don’t know whether to get a Note or Pixel.

It’s a tough decision! What sucks is that the Note 10 in almost every way except for the camera and some really awesome Pixel features like call screening, always listening, etc.

My biggest gripe with the Note 10 was that the camera was incapable of getting a good picture when either my 3 year old or cat was moving. The 11 Pro is a little better and has better color accuracy. The Pixel still takes my favorite pictures of any smartphone.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I’ll most likely still try the Pixel and see if I can stomach the battery life. I just don’t know if even at $200 off the discount is enough for me to give up my Pro Max. The iPhone may be boring but it has no weaknesses this year. Great phone.

Exactly. I had no intention on owning an iPhone this year but the camera improvements and battery life were too good to pass up. It’s just boring as hell.

Reactions: 5105973 and jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Nope. That is with trade
Nope it is $200 of before trade in....
It will be less with a trade....
But those prices are without a trade factor in

b9fa4f0e109d7cfe7d8e37eee1d5161f.jpg

Reactions: mjschabow

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I just ordered a new AT&T Note 10 through Best Buy for $550, no trade.
$400 off. Looks like Samsung is $300 off today and free buds.

That's a heck of a deal! Phone was 1100 bones 2 months ago!
[automerge]1574368084[/automerge]
I kinda wish I could get into Samsung, the hardware is hard to beat and while I know they have value added features,l

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.