Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I thinking of picking up a note 10+ again, waiting to see what Black Friday deals there are or finding a good deal on a mint one on swappa.

Question: which versions of this phone can run the one ui 2.0 beta?

Typically unlocked versions as said, but hasn't hit the U.S. yet, so don't know for sure.

Reactions: jamezr

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
yes...it keeps all my system settings and icons and icon groups and placements. It restores all my apps. But it doesn't remember the app logins.
I never have any issues with Samsung back up and the only difference to your SD one is all the apps automatically are downloaded, so your SD is probably faster but Samsung restore also takes care of your secure folder too :)

I also backup automatically to Google too as a secondary precaution for whatsapp mainly

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
so your SD is probably faster but Samsung restore also takes care of your secure folder too :)

Just to add, auto back up needs to be turned on separately for secure folder. This can be found in the secure folder settings. I had a friend who recently bought a Note 10+, and didn't realize secure folder had its own setting for auto back up. I still feel secure folder is one of the most underrated features of Galaxy devices. To make it worse, all Android devices get smeared with the same opinion of having very little security. Totally not true for Samsung devices. Nobody offers the level of security that Knox offers. Not even close. You won't even find so called Android sites emphasizing this, as they're all in for Google or the Chinese OEMs that pay them off for their glowing reviews.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
How good is the iPhone 11 Pro compared to the Note 10

My cousin wants to swap her new Pro for my 10 and I am debating if I should do it.
I have the 11 pro max and note 10+. I like them both, but if I’m honest the only things that made me get the 11 pro Max were that the battery is stellar on this and lasts forever and iOS is like a pair of comfortable slippers that I’m used to and can never seem to stay away from. The note 10 plus is like a Swiss Army knife and does everything, including having great battery life.
I sort of regret the 11 pro max purchase as it’s just like the Xs max with a battery case on! And iOS feels stale in comparison to the Samsung ui (I’m still within iPhone return period so haven’t ruled out taking it back).

also I upgrade every year without fail,phone resale value has previously played a part in decision making but this time the note 10+ was £300 cheaper than the iPhone so the difference in value next year won’t be such a factor

Cisero

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
I have the 11 pro max and note 10+. I like them both, but if I’m honest the only things that made me get the 11 pro Max were that the battery is stellar on this and lasts forever and iOS is like a pair of comfortable slippers that I’m used to and can never seem to stay away from. The note 10 plus is like a Swiss Army knife and does everything, including having great battery life.
I sort of regret the 11 pro max purchase as it’s just like the Xs max with a battery case on! And iOS feels stale in comparison to the Samsung ui (I’m still within iPhone return period so haven’t ruled out taking it back).

also I upgrade every year without fail,phone resale value has previously played a part in decision making but this time the note 10+ was £300 cheaper than the iPhone so the difference in value next year won’t be such a factor
I have been really going back and forth between Note 10+ and 11 Pro Max. I’ve been on iOS for a long long time but the extra features of android really interest me. My concerns are the way Samsung’s photos generally turn out with super saturated colors and sometimes blowing out the background/sky. Also have heard that night mode on iPhone is much better. I don’t need Best in class video as I done take a ton of videos but landscape pictures are my main usage. How much better would you say the 11 Pro Max is in the camera department?

Both seem excellent in battery so that’s not a deciding factor. I would miss iMessage but RCS finally making headway will help.

I used a Note 8 a couple years ago and it was a great device but I really noticed(some more than others) that app quality was so much better on iOS vs android.

If you could only choose one phone which would you choose? I’m still on a 8+ and have been really wanting to upgrade but both seem to have there pros and cons lol.

Thanks

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Deeds500

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
For 2 years I have been saying on this site I am going to ditch the iPhone and get a Note. Just got so tired of the iPhone and its lack of anything wow. Well 2 months ago I got the Note 10 Plus on a 2 year contract through my local carrier Optus here in Australia.

I previously had the S2 and the Note 3 and hated them both, returned the S2 after 2 days and returned the Note 3 after 2 weeks.

I took the Note 10 Plus home, unboxed it, and within 48 hours I re-boxed it and put it up on Gumtree for sale. It was just weird and all the bad memories came rushing back. So I started watching iPhone 11 video reviews on youtube while I waited for offers to come through. Luckily there's a lot of tight asses out there only prepared to offer $900 for a $1,600 phone, so I decided not to sell it because of the low offers. And now I couldn't be happier.

I love this phone. I farken love the Note 10 Plus. Once you break away from iOS and learn how to use this phone and Android, you will realise there is such a bigger world out there outside of the garden wall Apple contains you in.

Security issues, not a problem.
Lag, not a problem.
Display, amazing.
Camera, amazing.
All the stuff I thought was weird initially, now makes sense.
S-Pen, comes in handy, I don't use it every day but I like the fact it's there.
The app stores, not as bad as iPhone users will have you believe.
Blazing fast.
System wide night mode.

This device is like a computer in your pocket.

Best phone I have ever had.

There are a couple of things that the iPhone does better, but there are plenty of things Samsung does better.

And the customisation is mind blowing, really. Two months ago I did not know what a launcher was. I now have 4 launchers I can go back and forth with, ui one still being the main launcher. From themes to wall papers to button packs and launchers, the customisation on this device is something an iPhone only user will never understand.

Two months on and I'm still learning this device and I have used it extensively every day. On some weekends in particular, I have not put the phone down. Every day I find out something new. For instance, did you know that through the one handed app you can bring down the screen like the iPhone can when you double tap the iPhone home button? Effectively, the note has two one-handed modes.

And I haven't been to a retailer who did not accept Samsung Pay.

This phone is THE king of smartphones. Don't think I'm ever going back to iPhone and I could not care less.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Guys you all make me switch! Hopefully during BF there will be good offer (actually there is -20% off till end of month here for regular note10). Will i miss sthing if i buy note10 instead of 10+?

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
If you could only choose one phone which would you choose? I’m still on a 8+ and have been really wanting to upgrade but both seem to have there pros and cons lol.

Thanks

Im not a big camera user so can’t comment. The pics I do take are fine for my needs are good on both devices.

if I had to chose 1 device it would be the note 10 plus this time around. It does everything as opposed to the iPhone which is a great phone but limited in comparison for my needs.

every post I make is purely my opinion, I never judge what others do or think as it’s not my concern but for myself, IOS Is familiar as I’ve been using it since the iPhone 3GS but if I was being totally objective and had never experienced either iOS or android in the shape of Samsung 1 ui , I know iOS would look primitive in comparison.

you have to be prepared to give Samsung a fair go and not be still yearning for iOS otherwise you’ll never be objective enough to form an open minded decision

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Does anyone know how to customise the bixby feed for YouTube, beyond just selecting the YouTube card?

It would be so much better if it had recommendations of videos similar to what I watch on there. I bought a Chinese Note 10+ and the only videos it recommendeds are ones nothing like I'd watch with Chinese writing over them!

First week with it and so glad I got it. The screen quality and size is the best I've had on a phone. Perfect for browsing, media etc. And paid to not buy on launch with how much money I saved 2 months later.

When using mostly WiFi, I'm getting very impressive battery life. Well over 9 hours SOT and 35 hours off the charger. With 25% left.

Reactions: jamezr

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019

Note 9 & s9+ 100% in terms value for your money , specially Note9. This phone has the most posotive reviews both from the public and professional reviewers

If finance is not a problem and you're looking for a new model phone, Note10+ is the way to go.

geraldem

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2015
I love the excitement and passion for Note10. I have both the 11promax and Note10+. I love both of them. I am however gonna sell the Note10 now. this is after months of use and really coming to appreciate the beauty of the Note. it is a great phone! BUT, I have an iPad, MacBook and my entire family is on the apple ecosystem. So the vertical ecosystem experience that you get with Apple is just too good! Not to mention Apple CarPlay...which is something I cannot go without now. So I am moving on from the Note...it is a move that I am doing very reluctantly...but the iPhone gives me so much value across the various usage scenarios...I can't ignore it anymore.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011

I returned my 11 pro max this afternoon. After writing this I realised I was wasting money on something that will be only used occasionally this time around. Returned it with the airpods pro and sticking with note 10+ and samsung buds atleast until sometime next year

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I returned my 11 pro max this afternoon. After writing this I realised I was wasting money on something that will be only used occasionally this time around. Returned it with the airpods pro and sticking with note 10+ and samsung buds atleast until sometime next year
How were the AirPods pro?

Also are the buds loud enough? I have complained about this before that I had the buds and they were too low even at max volume when listening to Spotify so I returned them.

N0ddie

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Glasgow
How were the AirPods pro?

Also are the buds loud enough? I have complained about this before that I had the buds and they were too low even at max volume when listening to Spotify so I returned them.

The APP are superb. I use mine with my Note 10. There is an app on the Play Store that allows you access to customisation options and battery percentage to which is handy, though using them as standard Bluetooth buds works just fine also.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
The APP are superb. I use mine with my Note 10. There is an app on the Play Store that allows you access to customisation options and battery percentage to which is handy, though using them as standard Bluetooth buds works just fine also.
Better than the buds?

What is the app?

I have heard the sony wf-1000xm3 are supposed to be great and they are a little cheaper

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I love the excitement and passion for Note10. I have both the 11promax and Note10+. I love both of them. I am however gonna sell the Note10 now. this is after months of use and really coming to appreciate the beauty of the Note. it is a great phone! BUT, I have an iPad, MacBook and my entire family is on the apple ecosystem. So the vertical ecosystem experience that you get with Apple is just too good! Not to mention Apple CarPlay...which is something I cannot go without now. So I am moving on from the Note...it is a move that I am doing very reluctantly...but the iPhone gives me so much value across the various usage scenarios...I can't ignore it anymore.

Yep. It wins out every time. LOL.

Reactions: geraldem

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Does anyone know when Android 10 is due for an official release on the Note 10? I'd like to try the beta, but not at the expense of my banking apps.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
How do I get my note 10 to light up the lock screen when it receives a notification for any program?

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
How do I turn off these amber alerts on my note 10? I just did this on my prepaid 30 dollar motorola. I may need to get that z4 and call it a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.