Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I only finally got the October update yesterday (Nov 1st.). I think it’s gonna be a while before I get the a November update.
[automerge]1572687588[/automerge]

You can use One Handed Operation+ from the Galaxy Store for that. It’s part of Samsung’s Good Lock suite of applications.
Thats brilliant, thanks. Even better as it's configurable.

Reactions: AnonMac50

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Apparently the the note 10 got the November update before the pixel.

48DFA56C-FEC0-459F-A41F-80495698807B.jpeg

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Like really, there is no way to nlick all ads? (Paid apps, ad blocker for browser...)

Not that I'm aware of. I mean with Android being owned by a giant advertising and data collection company...

I think Samsung's baked in browser has and blocking extensions but as far as system wide?

Heck even on a pixel, I can't stop all of them, a few sneak in here and there.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Reactions: slitherjef

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I regularly get the same 6 - 8 hours SOT on my Exynos Note 10 Plus.
I am getting amazing battery life from this thing.....I routinely get 7-8 hours SOT. This thing is a beast if s performer.
I agree, I've never seen less then 6.5 hours SOT and can get close to 9 hours under lighter usage conditions. The Note 10 does everything really well, it might not be the best at any one thing but it the most complete Android phone available imo.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Absolutely no concerns with the battery on this one. I'm sure it'll get better once it learns my usage patterns but even after the first full charge, it'll get me through most of today after taking off charge Friday night.

Can't speak for the Exynos version, but glad I got the Snapdragon. For £648 brand new, it's money well spent.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
People, are there any significant differences between exynos and snapdragon version? Here in eu we have exynos and I heard these are worse ones, but how much worse and what exactly is worse with exynos? This minth samsung is pushing its phones here in czech republic so quite tempted to test android (fed up with apples greed, buggy ios).

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Did you use same network on both phones? I have no any issues with signal but calls seem bit louder and clearer on S9 than Note 10. Refer few issues here.....

Yes, both use the same network. It happened again and I restarted the phone and it fixed it while I was there.
[automerge]1572792929[/automerge]
It really depends on your carrier. I work in a datacenter as well in IT security. We have contracts with AT&T and Verizon and have repeaters all through our 3 buildings. So people on those carriers get pretty good throughput. I have coworkers on T-Mobile and they can't get signal to save their life. I know some of that is T-Mobile's signal and some of it is the repeater for the other carriers.

So are both your work and personal phone on the same carrier? I have Verizon for both of mine and I have coverage in buildings and out lying areas other people don't.

I have a Note 10+ and 11 pro max and the Note gets better signal and faster downloads speeds because of the Qualcomm Snapdragon modems

There is always the possibility you have a defective device? Maybe have your carrier replace the sim card?

Yes both same carrier. :( Seems I am not alone at least on Android Central many have this issue.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It looks like I’ve got to spend tomorrow installing updates. Yuck. I have been playing on my Pixel 2 but mostly I’ve been busy and not paying much attention to technology. I’ve been ignoring an update to my Apple Watch for awhile now.

It is good to see so many good comments on the Note still being posted. It is a good phone.

I haven’t installed the latest camera update. I know on my last software it sometimes lets in too much light so some highlights get blown in many photos vs on the 11 Pro and Pixel 2 and 3. But overall it’s a good performer and an excellent video camera.

Reactions: Healer Flame

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
'm not sure, I have YouTube Premium so I have no ads any way.

You get so much benefit for little price. Love the youtube premium.
[automerge]1572820810[/automerge]
haven’t installed the latest camera update

I cancelled it half way, not sure how it will change things.
[automerge]1572821316[/automerge]
People, is there any chance to live with droid without ads?

This is one of the reasons i have multiple anti virus apps.

Last edited:

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
So, i will probably test note10 as my first android device ever - sammy is having great promotion here (-20%), and new buggy ios is pishing me to experiment little bit:)
So i will risk pwm flicker (maybe ill be ok?), will hope to find some good ad blocker, and hope googles find my friend versin would work, so all i will miss hopefully is imessage.

but one question, dont you feel bit scared that you save your photos with google - after all, it is still mainly ad selling company. Or do you ise samsung photo app/cloud? Opinions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.