Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm definitely struggling with it ...it doesn't help that my cases have not arrived so going naked with it there's no feel for it ...
I think this is my problem. Going naked with a skin, so there's no way to feel for it really. And it's nearly flush.

Bruv,

Youre making me want to return my S23 and wait 1-2 wks withiut a phone juat to get my original want for a Galaxy ... this Z Flip 5!

The refinement makes it the perfect successor to the iPhone 12/13 mini in terms of physical deminsions, and a UI that leads to not inviting you to continue to drop down into the deep well of social media hell.
It really is a nice phone and the skin is holding up nicely now. The size is perfect. I mainly leave mine flipped open unless I'm carrying it in my pocket. So it stays flipped open on my desk most the day.
Well, I have to say I'm not having problems with my Flip 5 power button. Almost always, I use my thumb. It works well. Also, I use the Rinke Slim case. For both of my foldables (flip 5 and fold 4), the fingerprint sensor is excellent. So, I don't know what's wrong with yours?
I'm not talking about the actual FP performance here. I'm talking about locating the power button blindly (with feel only) just to give the FP sensor a shot. I am going naked (with a skin) so it's hard to locate the power button with feel. It has been working decently, once I actually get my finger on the button.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I think this is my problem. Going naked with a skin, so there's no way to feel for it really. And it's nearly flush.

It really is a nice phone and the skin is holding up nicely now. The size is perfect. I mainly leave mine flipped open unless I'm carrying it in my pocket. So it stays flipped open on my desk most the day.

I'm not talking about the actual FP performance here. I'm talking about locating the power button blindly (with feel only) just to give the FP sensor a shot. I am going naked (with a skin) so it's hard to locate the power button with feel. It has been working decently, once I actually get my finger on the button.

I think the case will solve my two issues ..feeling for FP sensor and hitting it by accident while in hands and seeing the too many attempts message ..

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think the case will solve my two issues ..feeling for FP sensor and hitting it by accident while in hands and seeing the too many attempts message ..
Skin is too pretty to look at and feel of naked is wonderful. 😭

Hopefully muscle memory takes over at some point and I can find the button consistently.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Skin is too pretty to look at and feel of naked is wonderful.

Hopefully muscle memory takes over at some point and I can find the button consistently.
Haha I hear ya ... definitely loving your skin ..I don't blame ya ..I'm only going with a case bc it's carbon fiber and slim

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I'm about to drop a brand new Fold 5 for sale in the classifieds if anyone wants a good deal... I love my fold 5. Got a good deal on another but my wife isn't interested.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Just a quick note. Some say to turn off RAM Plus. I've turned it off and haven't noticed any drop in performance. I usually have two pop up calculators, and spilt screen at the same time, when doing by finances, and still no drop in performance.

All in all, still loving my Flip5. I have no reason to upgrade to the next Flip unless there's a big upgrade to the cameras. For me, coming from the Flip4, all I wanted was a bigger and usable cover screen, and now I have it. All my messaging is usually done on the cover screen. Longer emails I do on the main screen. Never been so satisfied with a device as this Flip5.

Also, if you're not using One Hand Operation+, give it a try. You won't go back to navigation buttons. I prefer a full screen without the navigation panel taking up space, it also looks better without the navigation panel.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Just a quick note. Some say to turn off RAM Plus. I've turned it off and haven't noticed any drop in performance. I usually have two pop up calculators, and spilt screen at the same time, when doing by finances, and still no drop in performance.

All in all, still loving my Flip5. I have no reason to upgrade to the next Flip unless there's a big upgrade to the cameras. For me, coming from the Flip4, all I wanted was a bigger and usable cover screen, and now I have it. All my messaging is usually done on the cover screen. Longer emails I do on the main screen. Never been so satisfied with a device as this Flip5.

Also, if you're not using One Hand Operation+, give it a try. You won't go back to navigation buttons. I prefer a full screen without the navigation panel taking up space, it also looks better without the navigation panel.
Why turn off RAM Plus ? Battery increased ?

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Why turn off RAM Plus ? Battery increased ?
Some say it improves performance, some say it improves battery life. I haven't really noticed either. So for me, I'd rather not use a feature if it doesn't make a difference for my use case.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Some say it improves performance, some say it improves battery life. I haven't really noticed either. So for me, I'd rather not use a feature if it doesn't make a difference for my use case.

Ah gotcha …it’s supposed to help with apps in background so I left it at default …

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
For those that don't like the order of the settings menu, and would prefer to reorder it to your liking, use Registar in Good Lock. This is how I prefer my settings menu.

Screenshot_20230907_002622_Settings.jpg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Day off lunch with sissy ...then some shopping to walk it off ..

Mini empanadas which didn't make the photo shoot lmao
Mini nachos .. garlicky shrimp.. chicken bacon cheese tomato with aoili on artisan bread ..and some dessert..warm apple pie with ice cream ...
9978c8210ab99f8b4d686662bf976f74.jpg
436f4530fe1d603f6bb684b4684014b8.jpg
376091e236a92e87fd866f4330939610.jpg
e1ce2e3db4ab5cec1270c03e8bc83c5c.jpg
e4c324fb0cb7b363b702433e007d04ef.jpg
c08446dd5828c3e260ed07a8ed3cee5c.jpg

2550392cfeafd03f30aecd43a4a353b0.jpg

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

I haven't used navigation buttons since getting AMOLED displays. Gotta avoid the burn-in man.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Samsung Just launched their 4th version of the

Thom Browne Z Fold 5 Edition and man oh man does it look esquisite!

Pure Style and elogance done just right.

PSL the official video advertisements (2) are really a bit off to me, but like fashion (and having no sashion sense) it's a matter of taste.
(I think I have the right "it's" there in usage, I hope).

Apple may have done great with materials in the Edition casing and a great partner wihtthe straps but this is on an entirely WHOLE other level!

- Gold access,
- etched back glass ofthe Fold 5,
- Gold metal on the watch - unsure if its real gold of any level though (would be sick if it was),
- Gold metal of the

Attachments

• gsmarena_005 (1).jpg
    gsmarena_005 (1).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 54
  • gsmarena_000.jpg
    gsmarena_000.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 52
  • gsmarena_003 (2).jpg
    gsmarena_003 (2).jpg
    200 KB · Views: 74
  • gsmarena_001 (1).jpg
    gsmarena_001 (1).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 59
  • gsmarena_005.jpg
    gsmarena_005.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 67
  • gsmarena_004 (1).jpg
    gsmarena_004 (1).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 4dfdb07b-298d-4200-be4d-77aac99e180a_asset-01.jpg
    4dfdb07b-298d-4200-be4d-77aac99e180a_asset-01.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 56

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019

PSL the official video advertisements (2) are really a bit off to me, but like fashion (and having no sashion sense) it's a matter of taste.

Apple may have done great with materials in the Edition casing and a great partner wihtthe straps but this is on an entirely WHOLE other level!

- Gold access,
- Gold metal on the watch - unsure if its real gold of any level though (would be sick if it was),
- Gold metal of the

I hate to say it, but damn, if they came out with a Flip6 Thom Browne that looked just like that, I'd be real tempted to upgrade.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022

- Gold access,
- Gold metal of the
Man this looks amazing! Don't want to see that price tag though.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.