Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
i think S24 ultra users will also miss that 10x lens ;)

as a fold 5 user it's a great device. very much refined from even fold 4
Are there rumors that the 10x lens is going away on the S24 Ultra?

Yeah it's super intriguing but cameras are important to me so that's my biggest worry.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I moved from s21 ultra to fold 4.

I absolutely love the fold, and there is no going back to a slab phone.

Prepare for a big disappointment with the cameras though.
Thanks! I thought I had heard that the cameras improved some from a software perspective but yeah, I'm pretty big into cameras so maybe it's not time to pull the trigger yet.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Replacement is a perfect fit...lower part snug ...
e3089ec99d4635de3d05becff4365cc5.jpg
8deac25348ab48585da10c21c335ae1a.jpg
8687f9860b6f5827a4ec8b899d19e35a.jpg

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
I love the slim front screen. It makes the phone so comfortable to hold and fit in a pocket. I can use the screen with one hand like the old days and it amazing how much you can get done with the front screen. I really hope they do not make it wider.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I love the slim front screen. It makes the phone so comfortable to hold and fit in a pocket. I can use the screen with one hand like the old days and it amazing how much you can get done with the front screen. I really hope they do not make it wider.
I don’t think it’s going to be drastically wider than it is now… but I believe Samsung will make slight adjustment to it. You can look no further than the Fold 3 to Fold 4… those improvements seemed minor, but it made a huge difference.

I understand some folks like the narrow look of the outer/cover display, but from the standpoint of comparing it to competitors… it’s awkwardly narrow. Samsung addressed it with the Fold 4 and I highly doubt they would have made changes consecutive years.

That’s why I didn’t understand why Fold users complained about the look of the Fold 5, with how little changes Samsung made to it. But I like what Samsung did with the Fold 5… they improved on the hinge and made a brighter screen (not to mention the battery performance users get from an updated processor).

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Well it was a short time but I'm going to sell my Flip 5 since I'm not going to use it enough with my rotation...PM if interested before I post up officially

• Sad
Reactions: rhinosrcool

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Well it was a short time but I'm going to sell my Flip 5 since I'm not going to use it enough with my rotation...PM if interested before I post up officially
Well, I love my flip 5. But, I understand. Next year, I'm getting the iphone 16 pm (or ultra?). My 13 mini is nice but I love big phones. Also, I'm probably getting the s24 ultra (especially, if the shutter lag on moving objects is fixed), and either the fold 6 or pixel fold 2?

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Well, I love my flip 5. But, I understand. Next year, I'm getting the iphone 16 pm (or ultra?). My 13 mini is nice but I love big phones. Also, I'm probably getting the s24 ultra (especially, if the shutter lag on moving objects is fixed), and either the fold 6 or pixel fold 2?

love the Flip 5 and solid device plus pocketable but I just couldn’t pass up the deal for the P8P … and with the Pixel Fold as well it will be sitting more than being used …

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cheers to Tequila Mockingbird y’all

I really loathe this person's reviews.

Too much Bible about restaurants and cafe's he visits which has absolutely nothing to do with product being reviewed. If he featured maps then it would. Some videos he's baby 10 mins about a café etc which should be optional to viewers.

Worse is the rapid 1.5 second view of photo comparison. Like these reviewers don't realize youtube menu clogs thr screen on pausing their videos??! Aright!

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I really loathe this person's reviews.

Too much Bible about restaurants and cafe's he visits which has absolutely nothing to do with product being reviewed. If he featured maps then it would. Some videos he's baby 10 mins about a café etc which should be optional to viewers.

Worse is the rapid 1.5 second view of photo comparison. Like these reviewers don't realize youtube menu clogs thr screen on pausing their videos??! Aright!

I enjoy his different style.. too many videos all the same.., all the same unboxing ..spec comparison, and so on …I don’t need extended side by side on pics…there are plenty of those videos ..find it refreshing…to each their own and why they all cater to different followings

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Once Samsung makes that outer screen bigger (Fold6), its game over for others. Lol. Samsung's Fold software alone is king. It will take Apple to come out with the Fold to challenge it.

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
Once Samsung makes that outer screen bigger (Fold6), its game over for others. Lol. Samsung's Fold software alone is king. It will take Apple to come out with the Fold to challenge it.
I guess I'm in the minority. I love the slim size as is. The wide form factor is the main reason I think the Pixel Fold is terrible. It just feels like two normal smartphones sandwiched together & can't really be used one handed, which seems like the main purpose of the outside screen. I use the outside screen more than the inside.

How much bigger do you guys want the screen to be?

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I guess I'm in the minority. I love the slim size as is. The wide form factor is the main reason I think the Pixel Fold is terrible. It just feels like two normal smartphones sandwiched together & can't really be used one handed, which seems like the main purpose of the outside screen. I use the outside screen more than the inside.

I one hand my Pixel Fold daily it’s very comfortable…I will be waiting on a Samsung refresh hopefully they get closer to where the OnePlus Open is going to release ..

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

I think there is no wrong answer here… everyone has their preference.

As I stated previously, competitors have released foldables with a wider form factor compared to the Galaxy Fold and it seems abnormal when pitted against them. I completely understand that there is a group that prefers the narrow outer screen, but there’s no denying that it should be wider than it is now.

But my hope is that… Samsung not only make it wider, but shorter as well. Similar to what they did with the Fold 3 to Fold 4 cover/outer screen.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
GF5 is $1,300 right now brand new from Amazon USA (not a 3rd party seller). Something to keep in mind next year. If you are willing to wait 3 months the same I imagine will happen with the GF6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.