Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
I
And which stylus do you prefer to use the most? I’ve always desired to buy the S-Pen Pro… but every time I decide against it since my current S-Pen is capable enough.

I was close to buying it one day when I couldn’t find my S-Pen, but luckily it showed up in time.

Yeah, that’s not bad at all.

I’m still rocking the Classic 4, I inquired about the Classic 4 vs the 6 in the reddit community and majority felt the Classic 6 wasn’t much up an upgrade. So, I think I might wait for the Galaxy Watch 6 Pro.
My preference is the Fold 4 s pen with the pro 2nd.

With the Watch 6 being 47 mm, I much prefer it to my Watch 4. But, if I hadn't got the deal I got, I would have stayed with the 4.

Reactions: Ludatyk

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
My Fold arrived yesterday. Got it activated today and I'm starting the setup process. For me it's never a seamless thing but once it's done I think I'm going to prefer it over the pixel fold.
Do you guys uses Google wallet or Samsung wallet? My last Samsung was a Note 8 and I used Samsung wallet but that's been a while.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I've got the Galaxy Watch 6 classic (47 mm). In fact, I'm trading in my Apple Watch 6. Samsung gave me $200 for it. love it. I got the Galaxy Watch for $130 something. can't beat that!

I used to be a superfan of the square Apple Watch, as I erroneously believed more information could be displayed and less cluttered. That is until I saw a specific watch face video with alternative leather and metal band offerings for Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and 6 Pro and 6 Classic - mind blown at the quality options. MUCH more faces and complications available.

Also getting older and looking to purchase a B01 or other B series Navitimer I like the traditional chronograph look better than a square box.

My Fold arrived yesterday. Got it activated today and I'm starting the setup process. For me it's never a seamless thing but once it's done I think I'm going to prefer it over the pixel fold.
Do you guys uses Google wallet or Samsung wallet? My last Samsung was a Note 8 and I used Samsung wallet but that's been a while.
Samsung Wallet here in Canada more payment terminals it works.
Google wallet for food delivery (as it doesn't require 2FA SMS codes to process payments).

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
What is your initial thoughts on thus far?

I use Samsung Wallet since it was default.

That is until I saw a specific watch face video with alternative leather and metal band offerings for Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and 6 Pro and 6 Classic - mind blown at the quality options. MUCH more faces and complications available.
Absolutely! This gets glossed over. Don't get me wrong... there's a ridiculously amount of bands for the Apple Watch given it's popularity.

But when it comes to watch faces... that's where the Galaxy Watch takes the cake for me. My watch face gets change situationally. And it's dope that I can go to the WatchFaceStudio and create my own!

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana

Absolutely! This gets glossed over. Don't get me wrong... there's a ridiculously amount of bands for the Apple Watch given it's popularity.

But when it comes to watch faces... that's where the Galaxy Watch takes the cake for me. My watch face gets change situationally. And it's dope that I can go to the WatchFaceStudio and create my own!
I'm very pleased with this phone. I'll see if I can give a brief summary of my thoughts.
The reason I needed to move from the Pixel Fold was call quality and reliability. No issues with the Samsung. Calls are clear and reliable like my iPhone was.
The cover screen is pretty bad. I don't type well at all on it. I only have a bare minimum of apps set up on it. But that same narrow screen allows the phone to have a more comfortable format factor opened that the Pixel. I love the ease of using split screen apps and watching video and reading on this display is very nice. Samsung does a nice job of making apps fit compared to the black bars on the Pixel.
Battery is much better as well. Of course not nearly as good as my iPhone but solid. And it charges very quickly with a cable so battery isn't an issue for me.
The phone is fast and pretty smooth. It hiccups from time to time but mostly works well.
I've gotten everything set up like I want it so I should be able to leave it alone and just use it.
I set up both Samsung Pay and Google Pay but I mapped Google Pay to the power button so I'll probably use that more.
Overall this phone is a pleasure to use but I do miss the google integration on th Pixel.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wait but WHAT?! What now?!
^ can this, watch face change situationally, based on a Geofence or by time of day? If so then it makes my hunt at Rogers to source a GalaxyWatch 6 Classic even more desparate and harder.

Ever feel your income traps you against the things you want? Arrg.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Wait but WHAT?! What now?!
^ can this, watch face change situationally, based on a Geofence or by time of day? If so then it makes my hunt at Rogers to source a GalaxyWatch 6 Classic even more desparate and harder.
My apologies... I personally change my watch face situationally... not the watch itself lol.

Some news people :

[Invitation] Samsung Press Conference at CES 2024 ‘AI for All: Connectivity in the Age of AI’​

I'm curious... what's the purpose of this? I'm sure they have the S24 series announcement around the corner showcasing exactly what's in this particular event...

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My apologies... I personally change my watch face situationally... not the watch itself lol.

I'm curious... what's the purpose of this? I'm sure they have the S24 series announcement around the corner showcasing exactly what's in this particular event...
.ost likely sharing their details beyond developers for AI. Remember their using an in-house programming IDE I believe and it makes sense to share it and get more support and partnerships to make it a standard? Thats my presumption.

Consider theie suite of products: washers, dryers, stoves, fridges, smartphones, tablets, electric vacuums, and a whole lot more who knows about the connectivity potential cross platforms and OS' and not to mention SoCs ;)

Reactions: Ludatyk

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
I just can't get over how absolutely flawless One UI is. It has the security and customization options with Secure Folder, Good Lock, Routines, and One Hand Operation+, that no other OEM or OS offers . Then there's the hardware. We've seen videos of Samsung's foldables out performing other foldables in durabilty. Unless another manufacturer can match the security, customization options, and hardware durability that Samsung offers, I won't be leaving anytime soon. Excited to see what they bring in their next gen foldables.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Are you guys using Bixby? I would prefer to use google but I don't see how to use it as easily on this phone.
No, using google assistant, much better, you can set default assistance of your choice from setting -device assistance app and pick your default.

Reactions: scott craft

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
No, using google assistant, much better, you can set default assistance of your choice from setting -device assistance app and pick your default.
Thanks! I set it up for google assistant. Is there a way to map the side button to google instead of Bixby for press and hold?

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks! I set it up for google assistant. Is there a way to map the side button to google instead of Bixby for press and hold?
Google assistant can be activated by `hey google` voice command, but side button can be used to open any app you want, you will need to install Good lock app ( from samsung store) install RegiStar module . There you can setup backtap action ( mine is to open camera ) and Side key press and hold action ( Mine is set to open google wallet).

Hope this helps.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
Google assistant can be activated by `hey google` voice command, but side button can be used to open any app you want, you will need to install Good lock app ( from samsung store) install RegiStar module . There you can setup backtap action ( mine is to open camera ) and Side key press and hold action ( Mine is set to open google wallet).

Hope this helps.
Yes, that helps a lot. Thank you.

Reactions: deep1

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
What charging stands are you guys using if any?
Umm, I don’t use any charging stands (just two regular stands)… but I’ve finally decided to go the MagSafe route.

However, I don’t plan on using MagSafe for charging purpose… rather use it to mount onto the Magic Keyboard when using my iPad. Because when I tried to use it for charging purpose... the experience was very inconsistent. And I do have that Samsung Portable Wireless Charger.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
Umm, I don’t use any charging stands (just two regular stands)… but I’ve finally decided to go the MagSafe route.

However, I don’t plan on using MagSafe for charging purpose… rather use it to mount onto the Magic Keyboard when using my iPad. Because when I tried to use it for charging purpose... the experience was very inconsistent. And I do have that Samsung Portable Wireless Charger.
I do miss magsafe from my iPhone. If I didn't have the stylus case I would consider trying it for this phone.
My cable charges the phone really fast but I'd like to have a stand so I could see the time at night and for the convenience.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Can I ask how everybody screen is holding up? Bren looking at the fold 5 but I'm super obsessive over screen staying in perfect condition and it appears you can't replace screen protector yourself?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Can I ask how everybody screen is holding up? Bren looking at the fold 5 but I'm super obsessive over screen staying in perfect condition and it appears you can't replace screen protector yourself?
Don’t have the Fold 5… so I can’t speak for the durability of it.

But I do have the Fold 4, have owned it since launch (back in August 2022)… and the screen has held up great. And it is possible that you can replace the screen protector yourself, I’ve done it before when I had the Fold 2. I haven’t gotten a new screen protector with my Fold 4 since I took the original screen protector off.

One thing to note.. that around a year, the original screen protector starts to peel and it’s important to take it off before it damages the screen itself.

Reactions: SteveJUAE and yui4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.