Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin
Oh I forgot the s7 had been sold in blue! You're so fortunate to still have it. I should have checked in on and done maintenance on my S7 sooner. I had been checking on it regularly for a long time, but first my mother-in-law got sick and then died, then my dad, so I got careless about maintenance of my stored tech.

I had two blue Note 7's. So did my husband. We loved those phones and they broke our hearts when we had to give them up. My first one did not seem to have any problems but my replacement heated up alarmingly with the lightest of usage. I had a gold S7 loaner from AT&T that had similar overheating issues. I also had an S7 Edge that worked very well for me. It gave me a bit of eye strain to use it. But overall I liked it.

The S7 that I showed in the pictures was one I used a LOT for VR gaming. I had so much fun with that. I'm sad Samsung abandoned VR gaming but I completely understand and agree it was smart of them to get out of that business.

Oh man I wanted the Note 7 sooo bad but I wasn't eligible to upgrade at the time, so I guess T-mobile inadvertently saved me from the heartbreak of having to give it back lol. I ended up buying a Note FE on ebay a few years later which was the re-release of the Note 7 with a smaller battery, so I still got to enjoy it in the end. Still have that phone actually, amazingly it still gets security updates. I wish Samsung would start doing home buttons and bezels again, I loved that design.

Infinite Vortex

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2015
what??? I have S10 and I am able to select this, SIM1 for calls/text, SIM2 data
Hmmm… I have 3 SIM options (Calls and Messages are separate along with Data being the 3rd) I can set between my 2 numbers on my S22. This has been for both Android 12 and 13. I am in Europe as well.

Infinite Vortex

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2015
Isn't dual sim just to have more than one number connected to the phone?

Something I don't need anyways. What else is it good for?
Its perfect for international travelling where you can throw in a local SIM for data. Additionally, on Android at least, dual SIM also enables you to have say 2 x WhatsApp apps on your phone where each runs with one of the SIM numbers. Some of us separate work and private use. This also allows for different handling/timing of notifications if you wish it.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
So something I don't need. I don't travel internationally for work or have a company phone.
Seems many here like having 2 different phones though so they can use a iPhone and an Android phone.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Flat display? Umm.. that screen doesn’t look flat to me, it still curves. I obviously don’t have a problem with the curve display… but its not flat.
Yeah I still see the curves round the edge. I don't like that because it makes the display more vulnerable to cracks. But carrying around my s22 Ultra in the Samsung silicone case, it does okay so far, surviving my purse pocket.

What I am really hoping for is for text to stop wrapping around the edges on some web pages and forms. It looks like it may be better for that concern, but it's hard to tell from the few leaks of the display that we've seen.

I've seen a recent leak walking back the camera specs to the same megapixels we have now. But the night vision is supposed to be really incredible. I think it was Ice Universe who said that.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Please enlarge the screen.

View attachment 2137405
The phones at the end were S22 Ultra. The new colors are supposed to be black, green, lavender and a creamy white. I saw some renders and wasn't overwhelmed by the colors. I hope the real colors are nicer. They're probably very pastel this time around.

I took some low light photos of Christmas decorations and my cats among the decorations last night. They turned out awful. Just completely unusable so I deleted them. I was really surprised how bad it all was. I also took my S22 Ultra and 14 Pro Max out to take photos of Christmas lights around town. The 14 Pro Max made the S22 Ultra look pretty bad. There was so much noise and blur or individual twinkle lights overexposed in the Samsung photos. I even struggled to get good results manually. Understand, these are photos taken from a car. The car was either moving very slowly or sometimes not at all, nevertheless the iphone and my Pixel 6 Pro can get the shots.

Full daylight photos are a more even contest. There are many shots my S22 Ultra even does better.

I hope rumors that Samsung has gotten low light photography fine tuned on the S23 are true. I do intend to get the S23 Ultra.

Last edited:
Reactions: Healer Flame

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Iphone 14 pro killed it this years with its beautiful colours. The purple looks very premium and stands out.
I love the purple of my 14 Pro Max! It reminds me of the purple I loved on my Samsung S9+. That was probably my favorite Samsung phone so far.

I like my 14 Pro Max a lot. It's unfortunate I have a nervous system issue that makes it difficult for me to use the phone full time. Still, I'm sometimes considering holding onto it. There's so much I have liked about this phone. Unfortunately my family and I have been struggling with various iOS bugs for months now. But the hardware has been solid.

I'm using my S22 Ultra to do emails, most forum posts and most of my web surfing. I don't seem to have any issues with the S22 Ultra display triggering migraine complications. Thank goodness for that!

Assuming my luck holds out with the S23 Ultra display, I wonder what color I'll get. I've seen leaks of the new cream-white color and it kind of reminds me of Starlight. Perhaps more pale, less goldish. I might be interested in getting that.

Reactions: Healer Flame

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I thought i'll get sick of my S22U burgundy colour after few months but am still loving it, no regrets.
The Burgundy colour is awesome, I love mine. In my opinion the S22 Ultra is a better looking phone than the iPhone. I’m not hating on iPhone, I have the 14 Pro Max along with my Apple Watch Ultra, for fitness. My everyday phone is still the S22 Ultra.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I thought i'll get sick of my S22U burgundy colour after few months but am still loving it, no regrets.
My husband has the burgundy. I have regrets going with green over burgundy. But at the time I didn't get it because I was over at my parents house every day while my dad was hospitalized and then after he passed and my mom was still living there. My parents love burgundy and their house was filled with burgundy accents like sofa, pillows and bathroom curtains. I decided I didn't want to look at my phone and be reminded of everything going on in my life at that time.

But now I can just appreciate it's a fine looking color I've never seen on a phone before. My husband has it covered with a black case so I don't get to admire it often. I see my green phone all the time because I take the case off a lot to clean and inspect or just enjoy.

I like the darker green of the Z Fold 3 more than the green on my S22 Ultra.

I love looking at beautiful phone colors. Picking a color is one of the things I really look forward to when I get a new phone. It seems such a trivial concern but I have had so much fun looking at the colors. Lol, as a little girl I used to collect Hot wheels and Matchbox cars. I was enthralled with the jewel tones of them. I guess this is an extension of that. My husband and I merged our little car collections together when we got married. It was impressive! When we are fully empty nesters and can reclaim some space for ourselves, we will build a display for them all.

I think the one phone color I got tired of fastest was the yellow Xr. I liked the yellow panels but the edges were gold not yellow. That got on my nerves after awhile.

Flamingo Pink S10+ was very entertaining but unfortunately that phone had a problem. If I recall correctly the proximity sensor didn't work. It made me sad to give it up.

The color I really miss was from the year they issued a baby blue and a baby pink option. I got the pink. I think that was the s20??? I don't know why I traded that phone away. I think I got the Note that looked like a rainbow CD. Prism color. Goodness I have had so many Samsung phones I can't remember all the colors and model names anymore. That's because I was a fruitcake and would go from regular S series to Note so I was getting two Samsung phones per year! Oh well, it was fun.

I'm not going to be that crazy anymore though. I'm getting back into arts and crafts and other interests I couldn't really find time or energy for before with the other responsibilities I had the last few years.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
My husband has the burgundy. I have regrets going with green over burgundy. But at the time I didn't get it because I was over at my parents house every day while my dad was hospitalized and then after he passed and my mom was still living there. My parents love burgundy and their house was filled with burgundy accents like sofa, pillows and bathroom curtains. I decided I didn't want to look at my phone and be reminded of everything going on in my life at that time.

But now I can just appreciate it's a fine looking color I've never seen on a phone before. My husband has it covered with a black case so I don't get to admire it often. I see my green phone all the time because I take the case off a lot to clean and inspect or just enjoy.

I like the darker green of the Z Fold 3 more than the green on my S22 Ultra.

I love looking at beautiful phone colors. Picking a color is one of the things I really look forward to when I get a new phone. It seems such a trivial concern but I have had so much fun looking at the colors. Lol, as a little girl I used to collect Hot wheels and Matchbox cars. I was enthralled with the jewel tones of them. I guess this is an extension of that. My husband and I merged our little car collections together when we got married. It was impressive! When we are fully empty nesters and can reclaim some space for ourselves, we will build a display for them all.

I think the one phone color I got tired of fastest was the yellow Xr. I liked the yellow panels but the edges were gold not yellow. That got on my nerves after awhile.

Flamingo Pink S10+ was very entertaining but unfortunately that phone had a problem. If I recall correctly the proximity sensor didn't work. It made me sad to give it up.

The color I really miss was from the year they issued a baby blue and a baby pink option. I got the pink. I think that was the s20??? I don't know why I traded that phone away. I think I got the Note that looked like a rainbow CD. Prism color. Goodness I have had so many Samsung phones I can't remember all the colors and model names anymore. That's because I was a fruitcake and would go from regular S series to Note so I was getting two Samsung phones per year! Oh well, it was fun.

I'm not going to be that crazy anymore though. I'm getting back into arts and crafts and other interests I couldn't really find time or energy for before with the other responsibilities I had the last few years.
I completely agree with so much of what you said.

Color on a phone is a big deal. Design is a big deal. Phones have become an extension of our personalities and color and design are not just to show off. A color can evoke a feeling and so can design. The color, the shape, the feel of a device all matter. I think the best devices incorporate the best of industrial design, color, and materials as well as the best internal specs. That's what makes these small pocket computers so incredible.

A phone connects you with the world, can be a lifesaving device, gives us directions in real time wherever we travel, can be used to entertain us and for commerce. You can even sign legal documents with a Ultra or the previous Notes with the stylus.

I used to collect matchbox cars when I was a kid. I remember watching TV shows like Emergency, Chips, and many more and recreating scenes in the shows with my cars. My childhood was a little rough so with the cars I could escape into a world of my own. I wish I would have kept them and had a collection like you and your husband. Seems like such a great way to bond.

I have had a few of the many colors Samsung has offered over the years. My favorite was the rainbow Note color. I have never seen Burgundy in person as I chose green too. I would love it if Samsung would be a little daring with bright colors again, an electric blue, a darker purple, an orange would all be fun to see.

I bought an iPhone 11 in yellow and I returned it because the aluminum reminded me of gold. I want yellow not gold. Lol.

To me the recent couple of years the s21 and s22 the color choices seem too conservative to me. Like something for an executive in a boardroom meeting. It is nice to have professional looking color choices but fun color choices are nice too.

I also like when the frame matches the color of the phone. I don't really like the purple and gold. Or blue with silver.

Anyway I am looking forward to the s23 even if I just get green again. Lol

I just wanted to say whatever you went through taking care of your parents is admirable. It is something not talked about much but caring for your parents can be a really big challenge to your physical, mental and spiritual health. You are tested on every level. I cared for my Mother with Alzheimer's disease and lived with her. I basically took care of her by myself from the moment she woke up until she went to sleep for years. I am an only child and my father divorced my Mom after 30 years of marriage. I can understand why you chose a different color choice.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I completely agree with so much of what you said.

Color on a phone is a big deal. Design is a big deal. Phones have become an extension of our personalities and color and design are not just to show off. A color can evoke a feeling and so can design. The color, the shape, the feel of a device all matter. I think the best devices incorporate the best of industrial design, color, and materials as well as the best internal specs. That's what makes these small pocket computers so incredible.

A phone connects you with the world, can be a lifesaving device, gives us directions in real time wherever we travel, can be used to entertain us and for commerce. You can even sign legal documents with a Ultra or the previous Notes with the stylus.

I used to collect matchbox cars when I was a kid. I remember watching TV shows like Emergency, Chips, and many more and recreating scenes in the shows with my cars. My childhood was a little rough so with the cars I could escape into a world of my own. I wish I would have kept them and had a collection like you and your husband. Seems like such a great way to bond.

I have had a few of the many colors Samsung has offered over the years. My favorite was the rainbow Note color. I have never seen Burgundy in person as I chose green too. I would love it if Samsung would be a little daring with bright colors again, an electric blue, a darker purple, an orange would all be fun to see.

I bought an iPhone 11 in yellow and I returned it because the aluminum reminded me of gold. I want yellow not gold. Lol.

To me the recent couple of years the s21 and s22 the color choices seem too conservative to me. Like something for an executive in a boardroom meeting. It is nice to have professional looking color choices but fun color choices are nice too.

I also like when the frame matches the color of the phone. I don't really like the purple and gold. Or blue with silver.

Anyway I am looking forward to the s23 even if I just get green again. Lol

I just wanted to say whatever you went through taking care of your parents is admirable. It is something not talked about much but caring for your parents can be a really big challenge to your physical, mental and spiritual health. You are tested on every level. I cared for my Mother with Alzheimer's disease and lived with her. I basically took care of her by myself from the moment she woke up until she went to sleep for years. I am an only child and my father divorced my Mom after 30 years of marriage. I can understand why you chose a different color choice.
We have remarkably similar, perhaps almost identical tastes! I do particularly feel the same way you do about the beauty and design of these phones. Sometimes, some of the comments elsewhere on the forum make me wonder if I'm shallow or materialistic to admire these increasingly expensive slabs of metal and glass the way I do. But you so beautifully articulated the more positive side of how we feel.

It is amazing to me where one runs across kindred spirits, but here we are.

And thank you for your comments and sharing about caring for parents. My mom does indeed have early stage of dementia. She also has several diagnosed personality disorders, so she's been quite a pip to deal with over the years! Fortunately, every single member of my family, including mom, has been blessed with a zany sense of humor. That's fueled an ability to find joy and peace in the most unlikely times and places.

For example, there was one time I had no choice but to drag my homework with me and sit down and try to get it all done...at a table in the middle of a mental institution I was visiting. (It was a horrible place that got shut down over 30 years ago). And the patients just all came over and sat down at this table and stared at me as I worked at a subject that absolutely defeated my best efforts to understand it. The weight of the significance of the location I was in, combined with the pressure to keep up my grades despite a chaotic home life, had me stressed.

And I looked up and looked at each one of the people staring at me, and to my absolute surprise I saw so much kindness and empathy. These were heavily medicated, likely abused people, yet they were beautiful like angels in that moment. They asked me about what I was doing and I told them. Each person encouraged me and wished me luck on my upcoming tests. It was one of the greatest gifts in the unlikeliest of places. After that time, I've never stared into darkness and not found light. Sometimes it takes awhile, but I find it.

I try to put some of my own out into the world when I can. I can't pay those kind people back, but I intend someday to pay it forward volunteering for mental health advocacy.

Also, a chance conversation with someone here on MR in private messaging led to helping me accept having to enforce my dad's DNR order last year and ended months of a private hell. That further reinforced faith I'll find light when I need it.

Anyway, your post was a point of light to me after a tough day with my mom yesterday. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Technerd108

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
We have remarkably similar, perhaps almost identical tastes! I do particularly feel the same way you do about the beauty and design of these phones. Sometimes, some of the comments elsewhere on the forum make me wonder if I'm shallow or materialistic to admire these increasingly expensive slabs of metal and glass the way I do. But you so beautifully articulated the more positive side of how we feel.

It is amazing to me where one runs across kindred spirits, but here we are.

And thank you for your comments and sharing about caring for parents. My mom does indeed have early stage of dementia. She also has several diagnosed personality disorders, so she's been quite a pip to deal with over the years! Fortunately, every single member of my family, including mom, has been blessed with a zany sense of humor. That's fueled an ability to find joy and peace in the most unlikely times and places.

For example, there was one time I had no choice but to drag my homework with me and sit down and try to get it all done...at a table in the middle of a mental institution I was visiting. (It was a horrible place that got shut down over 30 years ago). And the patients just all came over and sat down at this table and stared at me as I worked at a subject that absolutely defeated my best efforts to understand it. The weight of the significance of the location I was in, combined with the pressure to keep up my grades despite a chaotic home life, had me stressed.

And I looked up and looked at each one of the people staring at me, and to my absolute surprise I saw so much kindness and empathy. These were heavily medicated, likely abused people, yet they were beautiful like angels in that moment. They asked me about what I was doing and I told them. Each person encouraged me and wished me luck on my upcoming tests. It was one of the greatest gifts in the unlikeliest of places. After that time, I've never stared into darkness and not found light. Sometimes it takes awhile, but I find it.

I try to put some of my own out into the world when I can. I can't pay those kind people back, but I intend someday to pay it forward volunteering for mental health advocacy.

Also, a chance conversation with someone here on MR in private messaging led to helping me accept having to enforce my dad's DNR order last year and ended months of a private hell. That further reinforced faith I'll find light when I need it.

Anyway, your post was a point of light to me after a tough day with my mom yesterday. Thank you.
A zany sense of humor can help get you through a lot of rough patches.

I won't go into it too much here but my childhood was rather traumatic. I am still healing from the experiences I went through.

This made caring for my mother a huge challenge and re triggered past trauma. Unfortunately she did not have a big sense of humor and the disease made her mostly angry all of the time. She would get in arguments and try to leave, etc. I did the best I could to make her as happy as I could but I always felt I came up short. It affected my marriage as well. As she was living with us.

All we can do is try our best and be there as much as we can. Seeing the light on a dark situation is a wonderful gift. For a long time I was the opposite.

You sound like a wonderful person. Spreading the light, giving a smile to a stranger, giving a couple dollars to a homeless person and making them feel like a human being is truly a gift to the giver. It is easy to be jaded by this world. Rare are those who get knocked down and still stay positive. I try my best to be positive and kind to others but I often miss the mark.

Mental health issues are so often ignored and stigmatized and people can be so cruel. Everyone processes information differently and being patient and understanding is so important. I have my own mental struggles and if they would have been recognized and properly treated when I was young my entire life would have been different, instead I always felt like something was wrong with me and it was all my fault.

Back to the matter at hand, if admiring a design or color is materialistic why is that a bad thing for a material thing? It doesn't make you shallow it means that you pay attention to detail.

I mean anyone on any tech forum could be considered materialistic since they are giving an opinion on a particular device. If color and design didn't matter then be Apple wouldn't exist because it is something they have used to their advantage from the start. A phone can be a work of art or it can be a slab of glass. It really depends on a lot of factors.

The way I see it you look at your phone many, many times a day. You use it when you travel and in your car. It connects you to work and family. It has become such an integral part of our lives for better or worse. A computer is important because you can get work done but your phone is as important if not more because it is the link between you and everyone else. It documents your life when you can take photos and videos with your family. How it looks is important not because I want to show it off and say look I have blah, blah, blah but because I use it so often I want to get that feeling of enjoyment when I use it and when I look at it. If I look at something that is drab and boring several times a day it is going to affect my mood.

Maybe I am materialistic but I have had cheap phones and midrange phones and because of what I stated above I don't like the compromises always made. I just can't do it anymore. Now, I don't always need the most expensive flagship phone but I need something I can trust will work well while I have it, doesn't slow down or fail when I need it most. I don't need a Samsung Galaxy s ultra or iPhone Pro Max with highest storage but if I can get a decent deal on an Ultra or Pro Max, maybe base model then that is good enough. This year I have a Pixel 7 Pro and will probably get an s23 of some kind but I am really hoping to get an ultra this year. I have to say the iPhone 14 Pro Max in purple is a beautiful phone and a great color. I want to see more colors like that on more phones.

There are some days when all I use is my phone. So IMHO it is important.

• Love
Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Maybe I am materialistic but I have had cheap phones and midrange phones and because of what I stated above I don't like the compromises always made. I just can't do it anymore. Now, I don't always need the most expensive flagship phone but I need something I can trust will work well while I have it, doesn't slow down or fail when I need it most. I don't need a Samsung Galaxy s ultra or iPhone Pro Max with highest storage but if I can get a decent deal on an Ultra or Pro Max, maybe base model then that is good enough. This year I have a Pixel 7 Pro and will probably get an s23 of some kind but I am really hoping to get an ultra this year. I have to say the iPhone 14 Pro Max in purple is a beautiful phone and a great color. I want to see more colors like that on more phones.

There are some days when all I use is my phone. So IMHO it is important.
I am sometimes drawn to budget phones. I have the iPhone SE 2022 and I love it! I use it over the summer months when I want to carry something small, light and capable. I have a 12 mini, too, but I have the odd sensitivity to some OLED displays and when I got the 13 Pro it messed me up so I could not use the 12 Mini again. It’s such a beautiful little phone with an amazing camera, so I hope someday I can use it again. I once got a nicely focused amazing shot of a cicada in mid flight. I have no idea how I managed to get that shot but the humble little mini managed it.

Where I’m finding myself reluctant to ever part ways with an S22 Ultra is being able to jot notes with the S Pen. I visit my mom at least once a week at her assisted living apartment and she’s always asking for something. As you know with an elder with memory issues, it’s really important to note what they request when they request it because you can’t just stop in and say “Do you need anything?” They simply won’t be able to remember what they need when put on the spot like that. Lol, honestly I can’t remember what I need on the spot when my husband asks me if we need anything when he’s doing an insta-cart shopping order.

I don’t want to be carrying around a notebook and these days I usually have my S22 Ultra with me. I just pull it out and jot down what she asks for. Yes, people can do the same thing with an iPhone and Notes app. But it’s more “organic” to just pull out the phone and stylus and write it down. At least it is for me. I mean, I still use paper calendars.

I do wish the iPhone could work with a little Apple Pencil. Goodness knows the 14 Pro Max is big enough for that!

It’s amazing to me how light my Ultra feels relative to the 14 Pro Max yet it comes with a stylus!

And then there’s that super zoom on the camera. I’m not exactly a bird watcher in the common sense. I don’t keep track of species and I don’t get a particular thrill seeing a particular kind of bird. But I love watching their antics. Birds are always doing something.

I accompanied my husband on a quick trip to his NYC office not long ago. We weren’t there long enough to do a whole lot and I was just tagging along. I was in our hotel room and I noticed a bunch of pigeons on a puddle on a flat rooftop one morning. They were having what appeared to be a pool party. I checked in on them throughout the day whenever I was in the room. Apparently it was an all-day event with different birds flying in and out. I got some cute photos of them just having the time of their lives! I couldn’t get that close in on my iPhone but fortunately had the S 22 Ultra with me.

I also love the photos I get of the moon. I have a feeling there’s some trickery involved in that, and that I’m not actually getting an entirely real image of the moon. But the software does a seamless job of showing all the conditions existing when I take the shot, like clouds or how the moon is oddly shaped due to being partly obscured by a cloud. So it’s not all faked the way Huawei did it.

The reason I do suspect some kind of trickery is that no matter how still I rig the phone, I can’t take detailed clear photos of other very remote objects, even massive ones, the way I can get detailed moon photos. I do believe there are some preloaded reference photos that get integrated into the moon image images we take.

• Love
Reactions: Technerd108

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So when will Samsung start the Pre Orders most likely?

After the announcement or before?
Usually they start preorders right after their events.

Here’s general information for anyone who hasn’t preordered from Samsung before:

Leading up to the launch, they provide an opportunity to register for a preorder on their Samsung shopping site. Here’s the US site:

I would register for an account with them as it makes it easier to keep track of your orders and products.

You will then get emails letting you know when their launch date is. However, do not wait for them to send the preorder invitation to do the actual preorder. They are usually several hours behind sending out their preorder emails and meanwhile other people are preordering and taking the colors and sizes you might want. Check their site directly. There is also a Samsung shopping app.

They don’t typically sell out as fast as iPhones do but sometimes it does happen.

Their site and their app are always buggy as hell. And in my experience it’s super hard to preorder a Samsung phone from your iPhone!!! You can order older models just fine but not the new phones.

I am not kidding! Sometimes the ability to order a new Samsung phone is simply not an available option from an iPhone, either through their app or their site. Use your computer or some other phone. Feel free to make up a conspiracy theory to explain this. This has happened to me several years in a row and p**** me off every time.

I’ve never tried to buy a Samsung phone from anyone other than AT&T store (in person) or from the Samsung site directly.

I go for unlocked and so far I seem able to use all the features of the device on AT&T.

If anyone has any corrections or amendments to the information I’ve provided please feel free to post them. Goodness knows my memory isn’t crystal clear these days. The winter weather is knocking me out. I need to hibernate!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Usually they start preorders right after their events.

Here’s general information for anyone who hasn’t preordered from Samsung before:

Leading up to the launch, they provide an opportunity to register for a preorder on their Samsung shopping site. Here’s the US site:

I would register for an account with them as it makes it easier to keep track of your orders and products.

You will then get emails letting you know when their launch date is. However, do not wait for them to send the preorder invitation to do the actual preorder. They are usually several hours behind sending out their preorder emails and meanwhile other people are preordering and taking the colors and sizes you might want. Check their site directly. There is also a Samsung shopping app.

They don’t typically sell out as fast as iPhones do but sometimes it does happen.

Their site and their app are always buggy as hell. And in my experience it’s super hard to preorder a Samsung phone from your iPhone!!! You can order older models just fine but not the new phones.

I am not kidding! Sometimes the ability to order a new Samsung phone is simply not an available option from an iPhone, either through their app or their site. Use your computer or some other phone. Feel free to make up a conspiracy theory to explain this. This has happened to me several years in a row and p**** me off every time.

I’ve never tried to buy a Samsung phone from anyone other than AT&T store (in person) or from the Samsung site directly.

I go for unlocked and so far I seem able to use all the features of the device on AT&T.

If anyone has any corrections or amendments to the information I’ve provided please feel free to post them. Goodness knows my memory isn’t crystal clear these days. The winter weather is knocking me out. I need to hibernate!
Those of us in the UK can’t register for preorder, US only I believe. I totally agree about their site being buggy when trying to pre-order, i remember last year and trying to order from my iPad Pro, it was a nightmare and took a good few attempts before I was able to pre-order my 22 Ultra.

I’m not sure what it will be like this year, I’m just hoping the upgrade will be worth it from my S22 Ultra. Cmon Samsung give us better battery life and an even better quality zoom camera. The zoom now is already good, but imagine being able to use the 30, 50 or even 100x zoom and it be more clear. Shots in the sky and the moon would look great 😍

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.