Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So apparently these phones will be announced on February 1st.
Oh that’s exciting! I can’t wait! I would love to see some definitive leaks of the actual colors. I’m pretty well determined to get an S23 Ultra. I’m going to stick with 512GB. I am thinking of the cream color one. But I could change my mind when I see the real release images and see what the colors actually look like.

If I could have any color I could imagine I would really love a deep red color. Lol I would have fun with another flamingo pink but I don’t think Samsung would ever do that again anytime soon.

Aside from a new color to look forward to, I’m not entirely sure the new phone will be all that different from what I already have. I honestly wouldn’t bother, except I am hoping the new processor is more efficient and gives me better battery life. I do okay now, running on a lower display setting. But any gains in battery life would be welcome. And the camera still isn’t quite where I want it to be for low light photography.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Every february i really wish i was brave enough to switch, ultra hyped;)
Switch from iPhone? do it, you have nothing to lose. Samsung have a return policy, so if you buy and don’t like you can return it within that time (28 days here in the uk)

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I cant, i will miss too many things.. but like being ultra hyped
I enjoy hype for a lot of phones I know I won’t be able to get. I love following the Pixel thread. I finally got to see a Pixel 7 Pro in a store today. Unfortunately the display was not compatible with my migraine sensitivity. Fortunately Z Flip 4 and S22 Ultra (already know I’m compatible) were fine. I did find some discomfort with the regular S22 display. I’m not sure why.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Switch from iPhone? do it, you have nothing to lose. Samsung have a return policy, so if you buy and don’t like you can return it within that time (28 days here in the uk)
not quite though

If you use the phone and decide to return it they don't have to give you a full refund. seems many in the UK have the same policy. You only get a refund if it's not opened or faulty.

phone carriers you can return it with no issues but samsung it seems they won't allow you to return it unless it's not used. It's also 14 days on samsung's site

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
here in czechia you can use it for 14 days and return if you do not want to keep it (of course, with no signs of damage). trouble is that ultra is compelling to me not only for features but for preorder bonuses (trade in bonus) - so when returning, probably would lose trade in bonus - so it is not risk free... and I know that there are severeal ios QoL things I would miss, such as facetime, find my friends, moving objects photography, quality of captured video, and few others... so, I will just keep myself hyped for ultra and will enjoy reading feedback from those who swithced nad will buy ones in february and march:)

Reactions: 5105973

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
not quite though

If you use the phone and decide to return it they don't have to give you a full refund. seems many in the UK have the same policy. You only get a refund if it's not opened or faulty.

phone carriers you can return it with no issues but samsung it seems they won't allow you to return it unless it's not used. It's also 14 days on samsung's site

That’s strange, I used the S21 Ultra and returned it, the same with the Note 20 ultra when that came out. Here in the UK you can return Samsung phones and watches as long as they are not damaged up to 28 days.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
That’s strange, I used the S21 Ultra and returned it, the same with the Note 20 ultra when that came out. Here in the UK you can return Samsung phones and watches as long as they are not damaged up to 28 days.
maybe it's changed but this is what the website says

What is the returns period?​

We will be happy to accept a return, and offer an exchange or refund, as long as you notify us within 14 days of the day you receive your item(s), unless otherwise stated as part of a promotion.
Extended Christmas returns until the 20th January 2023 for anything bought between 2nd and 20th December 2022.
To be accepted the product must also meet the following conditions:
- The product(s) must be in an as new condition with all original packaging, accessories, and any free of charge products supplied with the product(s).
- You must not have handled the product(s) more than if you were reviewing it in a retail store before purchase. If you have used the product(s) more than this, or installed the product(s), connected the product(s) to services such as water or gas, inputted any data, or installed software, we will make a deduction from your refund for the reduction in value of the product(s).
- While in your possession, you must take reasonable care of the product(s). Products must be returned undamaged. See ‘If your product is damaged on delivery’ section below for instructions of what you must do if your product(s) arrived damaged.
If you have selected for us to carry out any installation or similar services and you request a return because you have changed your mind: (a) you will not be entitled to a refund for any services either commenced or completed; (b) we will not be required to uninstall or reverse services provided to enable you to return the product(s); and (c) the above requirements in respect of the return and refund continue to apply.

I was planning on buying the S23 ultra to do a camera comparison on twitter and return it but not if this is the case

1673188533747.png

looks like you can ignore what i said lol

Last edited:

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
maybe it's changed but this is what the website says

What is the returns period?​

We will be happy to accept a return, and offer an exchange or refund, as long as you notify us within 14 days of the day you receive your item(s), unless otherwise stated as part of a promotion.
Extended Christmas returns until the 20th January 2023 for anything bought between 2nd and 20th December 2022.
To be accepted the product must also meet the following conditions:
- The product(s) must be in an as new condition with all original packaging, accessories, and any free of charge products supplied with the product(s).
- You must not have handled the product(s) more than if you were reviewing it in a retail store before purchase. If you have used the product(s) more than this, or installed the product(s), connected the product(s) to services such as water or gas, inputted any data, or installed software, we will make a deduction from your refund for the reduction in value of the product(s).
- While in your possession, you must take reasonable care of the product(s). Products must be returned undamaged. See ‘If your product is damaged on delivery’ section below for instructions of what you must do if your product(s) arrived damaged.
If you have selected for us to carry out any installation or similar services and you request a return because you have changed your mind: (a) you will not be entitled to a refund for any services either commenced or completed; (b) we will not be required to uninstall or reverse services provided to enable you to return the product(s); and (c) the above requirements in respect of the return and refund continue to apply.

I was planning on buying the S23 ultra to do a camera comparison on twitter and return it but not if this is the case

Ahh they have changed it from 28 to 14, that’s sneaky. You can still return it up to the 14 days tho for any reason.

Attachments

• 519B9AE7-BC67-4B0A-8BD7-004FDBED3734.jpeg
    519B9AE7-BC67-4B0A-8BD7-004FDBED3734.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Ahh they have changed it from 28 to 14, that’s sneaky. You can still return it up to the 14 days tho for any reason.
Im sure though if you ask to return it on like day 12 you would still have maybe a week or two to send it back though

Reactions: Dave245

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
Im sure though if you ask to return it on like day 12 you would still have maybe a week or two to send it back though
Thats probably same in whole eu? Here it is 14 days to announce seller you are cancelling contract and next 14 days to return after announcment

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I will be upgrading my faithful Note 10 Plus to the S23 Ultra when it is released only due to the security patches coming to an end. The Note 10 Plus has been an incredible phone for me, it still runs as smoothly as the day i unboxed it, the battery life is still as good as day one as-well. I really hope the S23 Ultra can give me the same service or better, i'm looking forward to it!

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I would love to see some definitive leaks of the actual colors. I’m pretty well determined to get an S23 Ultra. I’m going to stick with 512GB. I am thinking of the cream color one. But I could change my mind when I see the real release images and see what the colors actually look like.

If I could have any color I could imagine I would really love a deep red color. Lol I would have fun with another flamingo pink but I don’t think Samsung would ever do that again anytime soon.
We print the advertising stuff for Samsung and i can confirm the leaks are pretty much spot on when it comes to the colours, the cream colour does look nice.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I will be upgrading my faithful Note 10 Plus to the S23 Ultra when it is released only due to the security patches coming to an end. The Note 10 Plus has been an incredible phone for me, it still runs as smoothly as the day i unboxed it, the battery life is still as good as day one as-well. I really hope the S23 Ultra can give me the same service or better, i'm looking forward to it!
Battery life is still good without a replacement? And yeah, the Note 10 Plus was awesome... that device brought me to separate myself from the iPhone.

That Aura Glow color was the best choice I've had in a smart phone... Jet Black was awesome on the iPhone too, even though I had to clean it every time I put it down lol.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Battery life is still good without a replacement? And yeah, the Note 10 Plus was awesome... that device brought me to separate myself from the iPhone.

That Aura Glow color was the best choice I've had in a smart phone... Jet Black was awesome on the iPhone too, even though I had to clean it every time I put it down lol.
Yeah the battery is still the original and it still lasts all day with heavy use. Im so impressed with the Note 10 plus, i'm honestly worried the S23 Ultra will be a letdown as my Note 10 has been literally perfect for me.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yeah the battery is still the original and it still lasts all day with heavy use. Im so impressed with the Note 10 plus, i'm honestly worried the S23 Ultra will be a letdown as my Note 10 has been literally perfect for me.
Using the same battery and it still last you all day, that’s impressive. And if I were you… I wouldn’t have any concern with the S23 Ultra letting you down.

You getting a better overall phone from display, camera, battery and speed performance. It’s dope you stayed with the Note 10+ and didn’t feel the need to upgrade. For me, the Fold was too irresistible for me to pass up… been on that train ever since (Fold 2 to the Fold 4).

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Using the same battery and it still last you all day, that’s impressive. And if I were you… I wouldn’t have any concern with the S23 Ultra letting you down.

You getting a better overall phone from display, camera, battery and speed performance. It’s dope you stayed with the Note 10+ and didn’t feel the need to upgrade. For me, the Fold was too irresistible for me to pass up… been on that train ever since (Fold 2 to the Fold 4).
I only stayed with the Note 10 due to buying my first house so had other priorities, however it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as i proved to myself that upgrading every year is really unnecessary.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I only stayed with the Note 10 due to buying my first house so had other priorities, however it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as i proved to myself that upgrading every year is really unnecessary.
The Note 10 with aura finish was one of my all time favorite phones! I had one and regret I sold it when I did. It is up there with the iPhone 13 Pro Max I had in terms of my favorite all time phones!

I am going to see if I can afford a new s23 ultra this year. I bought a s22 plus during the July sales and traded in a free s20FE I got from T-Mobile. I hope the rumors are untrue about a price hike this year and the pre order trade in deals are sweet!

I really love the flat screen of my s22 plus but really want quad hd and I am really hoping that the rumors are true about the s23 ultra having a flat display and 256gb base storage.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
If samsung believes they can massively rise the price, they will be heavily struck by market reality

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
If samsung believes they can massively rise the price, they will be heavily struck by market reality

If they put prices up, I’ll just stick with my 22 Ultra. The 23 range doesn’t look to be a massive upgrade anyway.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
If they put prices up, I’ll just stick with my 22 Ultra. The 23 range doesn’t look to be a massive upgrade anyway.
I will upgrade to get a device covered by a fresh warranty since I don't usually buy the extended warranty and to (keeping fingers crossed) get some battery life improvements and improvement in low light photography. But I definitely am not expecting any truly exciting changes.

The new device will have to perform as well as my current device is doing. My s22 Ultra is working quite well and free of defects and complaints that compelled me to trade past Samsung phones.

With iphones I have usually been driven to upgrade by a desire to have improved connectivity and audio. Whether it's wifi or cellular, I've often struggled with iPhones for some reason. I could not even hold conversations on my iphone 6 plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus!!! The connection and sound for me and my callers was that terrible.

When I got my HTC 10 in 2016 (I think it was that year) it was a revelation that a cell call could sound so crystal clear. That phone had incredible audio capabilities all around. But it had the best call quality I'd ever experienced on a phone up to that point.

I've loved iOS for ages, but I've also been frustrated with Apple's hardware shortcomings for ages. Apple cheaps out on features, for practical and necessary economic reasons, I'm sure. But it's frustrating for the consumer.

Speaking of sound on a phone, my Samsung S7 Edge was the first phone I had that gave me incredible sounding stereo audio for home videos. When I listen to videos made of the children at a school event years ago on that phone, I can feel like I'm standing right there in that scene again. It took Apple an inexcusably long time to add stereo recording to the iphone.
Even now, anytime I use one of my Bluetooth speakers, the sound quality is noticeably better when I use my Android phones vs my iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.