Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I like that setup. What calendar and time apps are those?

‘Preciate it… from KWGT.

9f217a8476dbdf585bf0711733369293.jpg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Any US peeps need a case hit me up

Z Fold 2 cases

Last edited:

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
After using this smartphone for a couple of months now, I will never return to a regular smartphone again. I truly love the productivity on this phone. Full desktop browsing on a phone is awesome. I never use mobile versions of websites anymore. Because it's not needed. And the Samsung browser is in my eyes already better than anything Google has released. The only thing what Samsung has to improve is the screen on the outside. It's just to narrow. It needs to be bigger. Other than that, hopefully we could have a glass screen where a screenprotector isn't necessarily needed. Till then I will keep, and replace my screenprotectors ones in a while. But this smartphone is incredible.

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Any US peeps need a case hit me up
If I used cases.. those would be the cases I’ll use.

Till then I will keep, and replace my screenprotectors ones in a while. But this smartphone is incredible.
I have some screen protectors coming for the Z Fold 2, I‘m kind of worried once applied how everything will turn out. But my outer display needs a new one, it’s chipped a bit. However, the inner screen isn’t too bad. Have you replaced both your displays before?

Reactions: Bkdodger

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
If I used cases.. those would be the cases I’ll use.

I have some screen protectors coming for the Z Fold 2, I‘m kind of worried once applied how everything will turn out. But my outer display needs a new one, it’s chipped a bit. However, the inner screen isn’t too bad. Have you replaced both your displays before?
Only the inner screen. The outer screen doesn't even has one. Because it's normal glas. I have never used screenprotectors on regular phones either.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Only the inner screen. The outer screen doesn't even has one. Because it's normal glas. I have never used screenprotectors on regular phones either.
Well, me personally… I don’t like using screen protectors. But I know for a device such as this… it’s needed, imo. I like to have an outer display screen protector because I tend lay the Fold flat unfolded on surfaces and it already has several micro scratches.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
After using this smartphone for a couple of months now, I will never return to a regular smartphone again. I truly love the productivity on this phone. Full desktop browsing on a phone is awesome. I never use mobile versions of websites anymore. Because it's not needed. And the Samsung browser is in my eyes already better than anything Google has released. The only thing what Samsung has to improve is the screen on the outside. It's just to narrow. It needs to be bigger. Other than that, hopefully we could have a glass screen where a screenprotector isn't necessarily needed. Till then I will keep, and replace my screenprotectors ones in a while. But this smartphone is incredible.

I agree, but I would only want it slightly bigger. Don't want the cover display to be Note or Pro Max wide.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'm curious... how do you feel about the differences between the two?
It's small tbh - feel in hand I like the ZF3 feels slimmer and although I'm waiting on skin the matte black is awesome no fingerprints... I don't get this under screen cutout camera not feeling like it brings anything to the table and downgrade IMO ...the preinstalled screen protection inner is better fit than ZF2 and feels better... phone runs so smoothly but my ZF2 did as well...I'm going with OneUI for first time ever and getting used to a few things.. if it wasn't for all the goodies and discounts I would've stayed with the ZF2 another year....

Reactions: Ludatyk

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
...the preinstalled screen protection inner is better fit than ZF2 and feels better...
I installed that Orzero screen protector about two or three days ago for both the outer and inner screen… it feels better as well.

I'm going with OneUI for first time ever and getting used to a few things..
Which launcher did you previously use? I’ve never had a problem with OneUI… I’m excited to see what Samsung do with all the design changes for Android 12. Especially the new Quick Panel.. I know we are going to see an overhaul on it.

if it wasn't for all the goodies and discounts I would've stayed with the ZF2 another year....
I should have done so myself.. perhaps if I was Samsung employee it would seem like a no-brainer. But my eyes is set on the Z Fold 4. My major issue with the Fold is the outer display and how narrow it is. And I didn’t want to upgrade to the Fold 3.. spend extra money to experience the same issue.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I installed that Orzero screen protector about two or three days ago for both the outer and inner screen… it feels better as well.

Which launcher did you previously use? I’ve never had a problem with OneUI… I’m excited to see what Samsung do with all the design changes for Android 12. Especially the new Quick Panel.. I know we are going to see an overhaul on it.

I should have done so myself.. perhaps if I was Samsung employee it would seem like a no-brainer. But my eyes is set on the Z Fold 4. My major issue with the Fold is the outer display and how narrow it is. And I didn’t want to upgrade to the Fold 3.. spend extra money to experience the same issue.

Orzero is solid I’ve installed previously and liked it …totally recommended

I use a few launchers mainly Nova and last one was Smart launcher..at least now double tap to sleep works stock which is good ..but miss my custom icons and gestures

I’m looking forward to more UI upgrades I’m with you

I’m totally good with narrow from Bc I use it on the go so don’t need the wider uncomfortable one handed feel ..but I think we can get a happy medium in future devices …

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Nice ... I'm digging the split screen Feed...

Absolutely! Samsung redesigned the Edge Panel… no longer see labels, but the status bar needs to be fixed. The wifi and everything across is separate from the cellular bar.

I think it’s due to the hole punch… i wonder how it is on the Fold 3. I might only use the Pin Feature sparingly due to this..

f07307992d04bb70910f41ca2cadac8e.jpg

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Absolutely! Samsung redesigned the Edge Panel… no longer see labels, but the status bar needs to be fixed. The wifi and everything across is separate from the cellular bar.

I think it’s due to the hole punch… i wonder how it is on the Fold 3. I might only use the Pin Feature sparingly due to this..

f07307992d04bb70910f41ca2cadac8e.jpg
Hmmm I have everything to the right.. Are you using Goodlock?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Hmmm I have everything to the right.. Are you using Goodlock?
Yeah, I have Goodlock installed, I enabled QuickStar to hide some of my Indicator Icons on the status bar. And I don’t know what’s going on… but I believe the hole punch on the Fold 2 is causing issues with alignment.

I haven’t tried disabling QuickStar, but I like hiding my Clock.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah, I have Goodlock installed, I enabled QuickStar to hide some of my Indicator Icons on the status bar. And I don’t know what’s going on… but I believe the hole punch on the Fold 2 is causing issues with alignment.

I haven’t tried disabling QuickStar, but I like hiding my Clock.
Hmmm definitely something throwing it off.. Maybe disable and reboot.. Then try to apply again... I remember have the issue with a different Samsung phone ended being a theme mod causing it

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
The new pin feature is really nice. Making multitasking even more faster. The only thing that I don't like are the rounded corners in split screen. It wasn't necessary or needed. Now the split screen looks like two screens separated from each other. But o well the update on it self is a nice addition.
Screenshot-20210908-084626-Nova-Launcher.jpg

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
The new pin feature is really nice. Making multitasking even more faster. The only thing that I don't like are the rounded corners in split screen. It wasn't necessary or needed. Now the split screen looks like two screens separate from each other. But o well the update on it self is a nice addition.
I agree the rounded corners are not needed. But what I do notice from your screenshot... having edge panel on the left helps with my issue for the cellular and wifi misalignment. However, I'm so accustomed to having it on the right...

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
I agree the rounded corners are not needed. But what I do notice from your screenshot... having edge panel on the left helps with my issue for the cellular and wifi misalignment. However, I'm so accustomed to having it on the right...
I'm left handed, so therefore it makes more sense to have it on the left side.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Agree love they added the pin.. And should have left it minus rounded corners... I always hold phone lefty though I'm right handed...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.