Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I still have both my protectors on... I need to replace them though, but I keep it on to avoid micro-scratchea.

But $150 isn't so bad. I believe if you need the main display fixed... they will replace the frame, at least that's what happened to me.
I'm going to check with them next week... I wouldn't mind replacing both lol.. I just couldn't take the protector... Most definitely helps with micro scratches... This phone is more durable than peeps think... I mean it was straight slam into concrete from decent height

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Anyone have issues on MacRumors Forum Site with the Samsung Internet Browser?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-094853_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-094853_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm going to check with them next week... I wouldn't mind replacing both lol.. I just couldn't take the protector... Most definitely helps with micro scratches... This phone is more durable than peeps think... I mean it was straight slam into concrete from decent height
Any updates?

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Still enjoying the Fold 2 with no plans on upgrading to Fold 3. But I am waiting on OneUI 3.1.1... hoping it comes this month or next.

How did your repair process with?
Haha I've still not made appointment bc days they've had availability I can't make it to them... Using the phone is no issues not bothering me so much with the screen... Didn't pre-order the ZF3 staying with this one... But I did order the Z flip 3 in panda white... Hehe

I'm definitely looking for an update with this phone... Security patch is older one as well.. Oh well

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Haha I've still not made appointment bc days they've had availability I can't make it to them... Using the phone is no issues not bothering me so much with the screen... Didn't pre-order the ZF3 staying with this one... But I did order the Z flip 3 in panda white... Hehe

I'm definitely looking for an update with this phone... Security patch is older one as well.. Oh well
I thought the update was missed in July pending something special since Fold 3 release but all I got was a strange 256k update yesterday that did not change my previous patch June status ................. odd

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I thought the update was missed in July pending something special since Fold 3 release but all I got was a strange 256k update yesterday that did not change my previous patch June status ................. odd
I’m on July security patch.. awaiting on August. It came mid July… normally my updates come late in the month. Makes me hopeful a major update is coming down the road.

OneUI 3.1.1 ?

Reactions: Bkdodger

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I’m on July security patch.. awaiting on August. It came mid July… normally my updates come late in the month. Makes me hopeful a major update is coming down the road.

OneUI 3.1.1 ?
Yep had the same anticipation, just strange the update did not tick me over to July status, but no biggie

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019

Ha …I’ve have nothing but not a big deal …I want something big or don’t care …did you order the Fold 3?

OneUI 3.1.1

Let’s see if by Labor Day …

Strange, you usually get them a few weeks before us in the U.S. Not like you're missing anything though.

Exactly..I’m not one to have to be on latest security patch ..

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I'm sticking with the Fold2 - water resistance would be nice, but I don't think there's enough difference to justify the jump.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I'm sticking with the Fold2 - water resistance would be nice, but I don't think there's enough difference to justify the jump.

Supposedly, that screen is a lot tougher than the Fold2… durability is a huge justification to make the jump. But I’m very careful with my Fold2 now that I had gotten it repaired a few months back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.