Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
Fold 3 got leaked.
galaxy-z-fold-3-leak-1.jpeg

galaxy-z-fold-3-leak-2.jpeg

galaxy-z-fold-3-leak-3.jpeg

And just looking and the hinge it got the same small gap as the Huawei foldable.
samsung-galaxy-Z-Fold-3-4.jpg

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Oh I was referring to your sleeve colors.. I have way too many cases and most are sitting in the drawer now lol
Hmm, well.. I'm sure as you know from reading the description of the item... its a Kindle sleeve. And there's various Kindle sleeves out there. I had to research a bit on the dimensions I was looking for, because I really wanted a snug fit. I never really thought to think of using a Kindle sleeve for the Fold, but when I starting searching for 6 to 7 inch sleeves... they started showing up in the results.

After that, I started to check the dimensions of the Fold... then went from looking at items sizes. Only reason I went with this was how snug it might fit and on top of that... I like how it closes.
Fold 3 got leaked.
You should put this in the Fold 3 thread instead. But I'm out the running for it, I'm more concerned with what software features they take from the Fold3 to use with Fold2.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Hmm, well.. I'm sure as you know from reading the description of the item... its a Kindle sleeve. And there's various Kindle sleeves out there. I had to research a bit on the dimensions I was looking for, because I really wanted a snug fit. I never really thought to think of using a Kindle sleeve for the Fold, but when I starting searching for 6 to 7 inch sleeves... they started showing up in the results.

After that, I started to check the dimensions of the Fold... then went from looking at items sizes. Only reason I went with this was how snug it might fit and on top of that... I like how it closes.

You should put this in the Fold 3 thread instead. But I'm out the running for it, I'm more concerned with what software features they take from the Fold3 to use with Fold2.
Thanks for sharing... I'm going to try not buy any more accessories lol

And I'm thinking same just going to hold with my Fold 2

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Thanks for sharing... I'm going to try not buy any more accessories lol
No problem, I don't have much Fold accessories. The sleeve, two dongles and a USB-C IR Blaster.

One dongle.. I use to plug in my keyboard to use. And another dongle when I want to use Samsung Dex with my monitor.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
No problem, I don't have much Fold accessories. The sleeve, two dongles and a USB-C IR Blaster.

One dongle.. I use to plug in my keyboard to use. And another dongle when I want to use Samsung Dex with my monitor.

That’s all you need my friend …

Reactions: Ludatyk

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I’ve decided to sell my fold 2

As great as it is the cost of the device I’ve got something else in mind to replace it with. With my iPad being my main device for media I felt having the bigger screen wasn’t as needed as it was before

• Wow
Reactions: Ludatyk

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I’ve decided to sell my fold 2

As great as it is the cost of the device I’ve got something else in mind to replace it with. With my iPad being my main device for media I felt having the bigger screen wasn’t as needed as it was before
What are you thinking for next pickup

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
What are you thinking for next pickup
I’ve decided to go with the S21 ultra. Won’t be my daily but i want to try the ultra given how great it seems to be. It basically ticks all the boxes for a perfect phone but due to my liking IOS too much for my daily life i can’t replace my 12 pro max with it but i want to go with the ultra as a 1b option.

will see how i get on.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I’ve decided to go with the S21 ultra. Won’t be my daily but i want to try the ultra given how great it seems to be. It basically ticks all the boxes for a perfect phone but due to my liking IOS too much for my daily life i can’t replace my 12 pro max with it but i want to go with the ultra as a 1b option.

will see how i get on.
Tables have turned, I see Lol. But good for you though.. I wonder what was the deciding factor? A desire for a better camera? Umm.. the folding aspect got too redundant?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Tables have turned, I see Lol. But good for you though.. I wonder what was the deciding factor? A desire for a better camera? Umm.. the folding aspect got too redundant?

To be honest I became more nervous taking it out the house or just using it normally while walking. I had already got a scratch on the frame and on the front display. Which I never have had before

And camera has played a factor yeah. I feel apps optimisation for the apps I use like Twitter isn’t the best and got to admit good lock seems to work better on a normal display for me

I wanted to have that periscope lens camera as well. I like zoom and find it very useful. I will be putting my work sim in the ultra. I did question if having two phones made sense but I think my pro max and ultra can be used for different situations

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I had already got a scratch on the frame and on the front display. Which I never have had before
I totally understand. I’ve seen plenty of stories on reddit about the durability of it. I already paid $99 for damages to it and it hasn’t been a year yet. I had a couple of scratches on the frame as well, along with the cracked back glass. But everything looks solid now. As long as Samsung keeps pushing out updates to GoodLock and OneUI… I’m in it for the long haul. I enjoy the Fold, but I’m skipping the 3rd generation… will be on board for the 4th generation though.

I did question if having two phones made sense but I think my pro max and ultra can be used for different situations
But wasn’t that the point of the Fold.. it served as a small tablet. I guess the Ultra fits that purpose now?

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I totally understand. I’ve seen plenty of stories on reddit about the durability of it. I already paid $99 for damages to it and it hasn’t been a year yet. I had a couple of scratches on the frame as well, along with the cracked back glass. But everything looks solid now. As long as Samsung keeps pushing out updates to GoodLock and OneUI… I’m in it for the long haul. I enjoy the Fold, but I’m skipping the 3rd generation… will be on board for the 4th generation though.

But wasn’t that the point of the Fold.. it served as a small tablet. I guess the Ultra fits that purpose now?

Yeah I had in my mind with the the fold as a two in one but felt the tablet side of things was more best used using the iPad. Least with the ultra apps like Twitter isn’t an issue and I can still get the best specs camera wise on both

I use my work sim 10 hours a day so it will get good usage out of it for emails, calls, files.

Basically I’m choosing ultra over fold due to specs features really and cost. I can get all the features I wish the iPhone had in the ultra and still enjoy both worlds

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

Exactly, if your Fold can replace your tablet and even a Kindle reader it becomes very good value over otherwise 2 or 3 devices

I am going the other way and when the Fold 3 comes out I am ditching my Note 20U and keeping my Fold 2 as a spare/2nd phone :)

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Exactly, if your Fold can replace your tablet and even a Kindle reader it becomes very good value over otherwise 2 or 3 devices

I am going the other way and when the Fold 3 comes out I am ditching my Note 20U and keeping my Fold 2 as a spare/2nd phone :)

That's the boat I'm in, I used to carry around an iphone 12 max and an ipad mini 5, so it made a lot of sense to consolidate into one device. I'm still on the fence on the Note 3, I'm hoping it at least has an IP rating this time. My other hope, that the pen would be in a silo, seems to not be coming true.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Unlocked US here and also on April 1st version. I usually don't see the updates until 3-4 weeks later, so probably another 1-2 weeks for us.
I wish I was on April 1st. AT&T always dragging their feet.

That's the boat I'm in, I used to carry around an iphone 12 max and an ipad mini 5, so it made a lot of sense to consolidate into one device. I'm still on the fence on the Note 3, I'm hoping it at least has an IP rating this time. My other hope, that the pen would be in a silo, seems to not be coming true.
I carry around my iPad Pro and Fold, both with nice size screens. I believe I’m going to keep this set up for 3+ years… enjoy having an Android phone.

But you’ll actually upgrade to the Fold 3 based on it having an S-Pen?

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Currently the Fold 2 is £900 brand new on Amazon Germany.

Finally a price to jump on. Have just ordered.

Would have waited for the Fold 3 for around £1100 but not £1799

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.