Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
This has been bugging me for a while and I guess no one mentioned it yet. Has anyone else noticed the TV turning on whenever Dotty's on screen? Is it someone or does the TV turns on on its own? This has to mean something.
By the way, I rewatched the episodes and here's a list of Dotty's news reports in chronological order*:

*on some occasions it's Leanne watching TV while on others the TV turns on automatically without anyone in the room. On one occasion it's Sean watching a report on a murder trial verdict

- Accident on the corner of 18th with Walnut, one of the deceased identified, Mr. Eric Sherman, believed to be a visitor to the city

- The headline reads "Cleaning up the streets" and some parade will go through a neighborhood, Dotty asks a woman (looks homeless) what she thinks of it and she replies "God put me here so if they want me gone, God better find me somewhere else"

- Narcotics officers raided an apartment building in Kensington, substances discovered included heroine, a man and a woman were arrested and their children were taken into care by city officials

- The headline reads "Subterranean Blues" and Dotty reports about a fatberg made of cooking oil and sanitary wipes, a menace to the city's sewage system

- The jury in the Timothy York murder trial heard final statements and a verdict has been reached

- The jury has reached their verdict: "not guilty", Dotty's ask Timothy York if he has anything to say to the families of the victims, he replies "I hope they catch him", she ends the report saying "the killer is still at large"

- Leanne watches a report from 2011, Dotty interviews a young girl at a pageant who happens to be Leanne from Wisconsin

- Headline reads "Hygiene a priority" and Dotty reports on "hygiene fanatics" wanting makeup free touch-ups at the mall to be forbidden

- Dotty's at a gym reporting on how "nothing burns those inches off like trampolining"

Not sure if there's any hidden meaning to this, just in case anyone figures something out. ?

Great work! Yes, this must be significant because it happens in almost all episode, sometimes out of the blue like in this episode and the previous one. I have a feeling what we see is not what it actually is.

So.. both Leanne and her uncle coming to Turner’s house on a heavy rainy day. The day when “he” not smile down on us (per her uncle). What the rain signify?
..And what is the significant of Elm tree?
and both Leanne and Dorothy, and her uncle and Sean, use same size shoes. They’re almost the mirror image of each others. In the last scene when Leanne looked at her uncle from the window he’s looking on the ground almost like he wanted to get back “there” - in the ground. Supposedly Leanne and her uncle both were re-animated?

The dialogues that I felt most important in this episode are two scene. One when Leanne uncle told Julian that uncle has great responsibility.. “In the event of tragedy that’s when we step up. Take the child under our wing if we’re good people”. In the event of “tragedy” take “the child under our wing”. That doesn’t sound like the child (Jericho) died “in the event of tragedy. So who died in this tragedy? Dorothy?

Another one is whenJulian FaceTimed Sean to tell the uncle staying over and Sean asked “What does he know? About us? About the baby?” About “us” is the most intriguing. What does that mean? What Sean and Julian do that they don’t want Leanne uncle to know?

Reactions: zinacef

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Great work! Yes, this must be significant because it happens in almost all episode, sometimes out of the blue like in this episode and the previous one. I have a feeling what we see is not what it actually is.

So.. both Leanne and her uncle coming to Turner’s house on a heavy rainy day. The day when “he” not smile down on us (per her uncle). What the rain signify?
..And what is the significant of Elm tree?
and both Leanne and Dorothy, and her uncle and Sean, use same size shoes. They’re almost the mirror image of each others. In the last scene when Leanne looked at her uncle from the window he’s looking on the ground almost like he wanted to get back “there” - in the ground. Supposedly Leanne and her uncle both were re-animated?

The dialogues that I felt most important in this episode are two scene. One when Leanne uncle told Julian that uncle has great responsibility.. “In the event of tragedy that’s when we step up. Take the child under our wing if we’re good people”. In the event of “tragedy” take “the child under our wing”. That doesn’t sound like the child (Jericho) died “in the event of tragedy. So who died in this tragedy? Dorothy?

Another one is whenJulian FaceTimed Sean to tell the uncle staying over and Sean asked “What does he know? About us? About the baby?” About “us” is the most intriguing. What does that mean? What Sean and Julian do that they don’t want Leanne uncle to know?

I think I have come to a conclusion. The baby didn't die during his sleep. Dorothy killed her baby. She probably suffered from postpartum depression and one day had a psychotic break that made her kill Jericho. She never got back from her psychotic state, never realizing what she's done. The secret Sean and Julian keep is this, Dorothy killed her own baby and they got rid of the body (they didn't want her ending up in jail or in a mental institution for life). Her "therapist" knows about it and was or is being paid to keep her mouth shut (we'll meet her in the next episodes, I think she's the woman in the trailer who asks "What did those boys tell you about what happened?).

Leanne is an angel who was somehow drawn to the Turner's, to "salvage" the family. Maybe because she probably died in similar circumstances back in 2007(*), that is, murdered by one or both of her parents. For some reason we haven't yet been told, her parents set their house on fire and they all died in it. She was brought “back to life” by her very devout Uncle George (who was already dead by that time). Hence his dialogue with Julian: "In the event of tragedy that's when we step up. Take the child under our wing if we're good people". Uncle George knows Julian, the uncle, did exactly the opposite, hence why Julian gets very upset by Uncle George's words. Julian takes it as a surreptitious threat as in "I'm going to expose what you did" or "I know what you did and I'm going to use it to extort money from you" (remember, he believes it's all a plot to get money from them).

Uncle George doesn't want Leanne in that house though, to him that family, that house is godless. They are not worth “salvaging”. They deserve to go to Hell and pay for their sinful deeds. That's why he goes after Leanne and wants her back at home to help others who actually deserve to be “salvaged”.

If this is the story though, I'm not seeing how they'll stretch it out for as long as 6 seasons.

By the way, if there are any inconsistencies in this theory, and I’m sure there are, feel free to point them out and offer your thoughts on it.

(*)I know she's on a tape from 2011 in a pageant, but she was probably already dead by then.

Last edited:

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
@rmoliv That is the most consistent theory from the show I’ve ever read. Congrat! (I especially like the idea that Sean and Julian help bury the child)

it still didn’t explain about the TV automatically turning on to Dorothy show. It might just be it’s set to record her work everyday but I doubt it, very much. There’s some sense of alternate reality going on with it. (amplified by same size shoes of both Dorothy and Sean)
So The Servant is simply Leanne being the servant of God? For the show to have 6 seasons this servant entity may not be restricted to only Leanne or Leanne’s family I guess.

Last edited:

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
@rmoliv That is the most consistent theory from the show I’ve ever read. Congrat! (I especially like the idea that Sean and Julian help bury the child)

it still didn’t explain about the TV automatically turning on to Dorothy show. It might just be it’s set to record her work everyday but I doubt it, very much. There’s some sense of alternate reality going on with it. (amplified by same size shoes of both Dorothy and Sean)
So The Servant is simply Leanne being the servant of God? For the show to have 6 seasons this servant entity may not be restricted to only Leanne or Leanne’s family I guess.

Perhaps the matching shoe sizes are just red herrings?
Yes, I think Leanne is the Servant of God.
Someone asked me on Reddit how the doll turning into a real baby fits in with my theory. I think it’s just Leanne playing tricks on their minds. She wants to drive them mad to the point they confess and repent so they can be “salvaged”.
Anyway, probably my theory will be just shattered into pieces in the next episodes given the twisty nature of the show.

Last edited:

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Could anyone confirm Turners’ house front doors are black? I‘m watching it on iPad and in the dark and couldn’t make it out clearly.

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Could anyone confirm Turners’ house front doors are black? I‘m watching it on iPad and in the dark and couldn’t make it out clearly.
It`s either black or dark brown.
[automerge]1577198147[/automerge]
This sounds interesting to me. It looks as there is a lot to discuss for us.
I love it! 1. Servant, 2. FOR ALL MANKIND, 3 SEE, 4. THE MORNING SHOW

Last edited:

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
It`s either black or dark brown.

Thanks. I watched it in daytime and it’s clearly black (compared with Sean’s jacket which is black and the car in front) which is very interesting because it’s not only the doors but window frame as well (and also, there is no address). I don’t think the black emphasizes sin but something else.
12EBCA7C-E87C-4CBA-A027-37A26501CACE.jpeg

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
I don’t see Demon too. The pills could be pills that induce abortion, but I can’t read what’s written on the label to be sure of that, it’s too blurry. The box, it can be that but it can be just a box where they put all positive tests. As to the black door and windows, it feels quite eerie. Something’s very wrong with that family, house.

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
I like this theory

..considering there is NO photo of Jericho in the house at all. And no one, not Sean, not Julian, talked about how similar or different the child is to Jericho. None so far.
But I couldn’t see the word Demon anywhere in that drawer. ?
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FanTheory?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#FanTheory</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ServantATV?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#ServantATV</a> <a href="https://t.co/ARmEVUlaX2">pic.twitter.com/ARmEVUlaX2</a></p>&mdash; Natalia Kozikowska (@nkozikowska) <a href=" ">December 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brigidscross

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2019
Started watching this series and think it’s very well written - wonderful camera shots to give you the feel you’re listening in on conversations you have no business hearing. Seeing views from the vantage point of the character. At this point in the series - Julian & private detective friend go to Leannes home -.. find burned down home and same cross on wall there as in Dorothys home - the cross is St Brigids cross- to give safety to home from fires and evil doings- it’s a religious protector. They find graves of family -
Leanne brings protection - places cross over baby jerichos crib -( Sean destroyed it down disposable & now has straw in his body) -
Interesting factors though - red shoes that Leanne offers for Dorothy to wear... Sean being filled with straw .( scarecrow).. Julian being afraid to step up and also scared of the mysterious uncle- ( lion)
If you realize - no one but the few characters only come in & out of the home directly connected to Julian.. even that young “ babysitter” with child with allergies... said Julian sent her-... after Leanne rang doorbell she knows she saw the girl and little girl go into home.
I think everyone is passed away -.. and they all need to find their way to leave and Heaven - & Leanne decided (& was not specifically sent)...to rectify wrongs done -
Tv goes on and off - Leanne is connected to Dorothy - she gave her red shoes ( as wizard of oz) as symbolism to help her come HOME-

my prediction - house was left by dorothys dad - looked like unkept - empty - we haven’t met her dad YET -...Wizard
Just need to figure tin man-..( Toby?)
And they’re all dead moving around home -
Baby was never born & Dorothy killed her self & burned home down

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Started watching this series and think it’s very well written - wonderful camera shots to give you the feel you’re listening in on conversations you have no business hearing. Seeing views from the vantage point of the character. At this point in the series - Julian & private detective friend go to Leannes home -.. find burned down home and same cross on wall there as in Dorothys home - the cross is St Brigids cross- to give safety to home from fires and evil doings- it’s a religious protector. They find graves of family -
Leanne brings protection - places cross over baby jerichos crib -( Sean destroyed it down disposable & now has straw in his body) -
Interesting factors though - red shoes that Leanne offers for Dorothy to wear... Sean being filled with straw .( scarecrow).. Julian being afraid to step up and also scared of the mysterious uncle- ( lion)
If you realize - no one but the few characters only come in & out of the home directly connected to Julian.. even that young “ babysitter” with child with allergies... said Julian sent her-... after Leanne rang doorbell she knows she saw the girl and little girl go into home.
I think everyone is passed away -.. and they all need to find their way to leave and Heaven - & Leanne decided (& was not specifically sent)...to rectify wrongs done -
Tv goes on and off - Leanne is connected to Dorothy - she gave her red shoes ( as wizard of oz) as symbolism to help her come HOME-

my prediction - house was left by dorothys dad - looked like unkept - empty - we haven’t met her dad YET -...Wizard
Just need to figure tin man-..( Toby?)
And they’re all dead moving around home -
Baby was never born & Dorothy killed her self & burned home down

Yeah, that TV turn on and off itself is so creepy. And we never see a single photo of real Jericho. And about the house being burnt down, I have a nagging feeling about it all the time. Could be something to do with that Sean’s fancy coffee machine?
About Dorothy isn’t alive. This‘s nagging me as well. Still remember a few frames we saw Dorothy favorite robe hanging in the basement for no reason. She could hang herself there.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Well, after episode 7 I think my theory still holds up, actually it might have been reinforced. They were all there the night something tragic happened to Jericho. The “boys” didn’t call 911 but the kinesiologist (she says she was the only person they called when they were “pissing themselves with fear”) to help them dealing with Dorothy’s psychotic break while they got rid of the baby’s body somewhere in the basement (could it be buried where the floor cracked?). I guess that’s why we see the yellow onesie once again in the basement. As to the dog, not sure what to make out of it (what are your thoughts?), I think it’s meant to hint at Leanne’s supernatural powers of bringing the dead back to life (just as the cricket was). About Leanne, I still think she’s been sent to guide those people to God through atonement, but their godless nature is not helping her getting the job done so they’re going to Hell (the pastor on the TV at the very end could be a hint to that).

Last edited:

Brigidscross

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2019
wow - yes! Like they’re in pergatory-
Wandering in a home that was “ left” to them by father ... who is probably already passed on-... so they all gather & wait... & in comes God’s Servant

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Wow!So there is a doll and a real baby. Leannes baby? Incest. Julian and Sean did something bad or wrong. Dorothy´s friend knows more and was present. The real baby isn´t Jericho.
What about the dog? The dog protected the baby. The dog could be uncle George.

Last edited:

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
wow - yes! Like they’re in pergatory-
Wandering in a home that was “ left” to them by father ... who is probably already passed on-... so they all gather & wait... & in comes God’s Servant

The father is still alive because Julian says in episode 1 that he’s one of the very few people who knows about Jericho’s death. But it can also be the case that they’re dead and trapped in a purgatory and all action takes place in the afterlife. I’m still unsure on that though because in the trailer we see two police officers and someone wearing what appears to be CSI gear at the Turners house, the PI and a waitress holding a tray with drinks are shown in the hallway while the officers are entering the house.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Wow!So there is a doll and a real baby. Leannes baby? Incest. Julian and Sean did something bad or wrong. Dorothy´s friends knows more and was present. The real baby isn´t Jericho.
What about the dog? The dog protected the baby. The dog could be uncle George.

When I first saw it I thought the dog was going to attack the baby to be honest. It was a stray dog, probably quite hungry. Anyway, I think the only purpose of the dog was to highlight Leanne’s supernatural “powers” once again as they did with the dead cricket.

By the way, what’s with Julian and the kinesiologist having sex out of the blue? It was so random. Wondering whether it could’ve been her moaning instead of Dotty in that episode Leanne went out to buy the cake. :lol:

Last edited:

Brigidscross

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2019
So I’ve watched the latest episode tonight-.. I’m rethinking about everyone being dead now- I’ve may have been incorrect -
This family of secrets is in grave danger - obviously for their wrongdoings... although we still aren’t clear on what Sean & Julien have done. I’m still on the parallel of some convoluted Wizard of Oz themed something in a way... maybe to keep us guessing- leannes Uncle came and will send the aunt.. something by way of how “ Dorothy” had Uncle Henry & Auntie Em ( May) to care for her... but I’m not so keen on that line too much - I’m more inclined to think about Leannes role here- obviously no one SENT her & she took it upon herself to go to this family -.
I got to thinking maybe her full name is some sort of anagram- can’t really figure but thought about her being a sort of protector or salvation { salvage }( as uncle George said he was in the business of)... Dorothy asked ships ... he answered sometimes... ( Noah’s Arc came to mind)... but thinking Leanne is fourth of the archangels called Uriel - or Ariel often times spelled Anael ( part of anagram)-whom presides over Hell & Salvation. And she is also the angel of repentance.
Leanne also means-god has answered
She’s considered a rebel angel Associated with water - color red....lioness of God
( noticed in last scenes of her on floor singing to Jericho -( a stuffed animal lion ) Uriel ( Ariel) also called the lion headed diety... and guardian

In the Bible Jesus told his apostles to pray to be delivered from the rivers of smoke of Ariel / Gehenna was a valley cursed for pagan idol belief and deemed a destination for the wicked ( HELL)... Ariel often said to have supernatural powers - regeneration...

I dont know I just feel like Leanne is an archangel - but not sure a servant of God or Lucifer -...
we shall see -
But definitely the basement is where something happened - floor is cracking - Hell is beginning to open up for them
Maybe end of the world is coming and the 7 archangels are the ones there for that.
Each TV interview is about a ridiculous notion but maybe we aren’t looking deep enough into what is said & who is being spoken to

Last edited:

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
Well, just finished watching episode #7 (Haggis) and here are my thoughts....

Why is a kinesiologist (Natalie) involved in behavioural therapy when she’s clearly not a therapist of that kind? I was thinking that Dorothy had a real therapist like a psychologist or psychiatrist that was treating her.

The lines spoken by Natalie to Julian struck me really mysterious and leads me to believe that the three of them — Julian, Natalie, and Sean were involved in something sinister or maybe even heinous? She said to Julian, “Have you talked to anyone? About what we did....what we saw?” It may not be verbatim but basically it’s close.

And who talks to a professional and supposed stranger with words like, “Nothing makes me hard anymore,” Julian said to Natalie. Seems like they’ve known each other before?

If death bothers Leanne as in the stray dog dying, why didn’t she resurrect the eel? When the eel was killed, she seemed to have the same expression as she did when she saw the dog die.

I think the crack in the basement floor has something to do with the sermon at the end or vice versa. If the house is truly a godless house, then I’m assuming that the bad will be sent to hell as @Brigidscross suggested above.

As for the stray dog in the house, that seemed to be really odd and I do not have an explanation for it. In what neighborhood does a stray dog ever wander aimlessly into someone’s house? Could the stray dog be Uncle George? A bit far fetched I know.

And who the hell reacts, like Leanne did, when she entered the baby’s room then decided to throw Natalie to the ground by grabbing her hair? That reaction seemed really odd, like nobody acts in such a manner.

Interesting episode but it seems we’re going further and further down the rabbit hole!

Reactions: rmoliv and PR1985

Natalia Kozi

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2019
I like this theory

..considering there is NO photo of Jericho in the house at all. And no one, not Sean, not Julian, talked about how similar or different the child is to Jericho. None so far.
But I couldn’t see the word Demon anywhere in that drawer. ?
Hey! Thanks for sharing my theory. I actually posted another pic of the drawer where you could see the word demon!

here it is!

Attachments

• 43FD485A-2AEC-4BA4-AF3D-37C0A55B3E31.jpeg
    43FD485A-2AEC-4BA4-AF3D-37C0A55B3E31.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 208

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Before I analyze what I just saw (Ep 7) I want to come here and say .. I love humors in this show. “Let’s not overreact!” ???

Oh, and, is that dog George?

Reactions: PR1985
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.