Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ideanj

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2013
Finishing the season because I’ve gotten this far... probably dropping afterwards.

Khaleesi Kendall

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2020
yes, and it’s getting frustrating. I feel like the show runners don’t really know where they’re going. Based on the recent lack of discussion in this forum, it seems like many of us have lost interest.
Haven’t lost interest I just post on the shows subreddit since there are more people there to discuss the show with

tsukeyomi

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Overall, really enjoying this show. There are highs and downs and I feel it definitely has potential. BUT they need to start answering questions and making things a bit more clear. Let's see if they can do that in season 3 - definitely not dropping it.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Omg that woman at the end of the last episode was so creepy.
That video demo was more creepy. I have a bad feeling (in a good way) about S3 now with all these creepy uncles and aunts coming.

Btw, who Leanne killed in the 1st Ep of S1 to bring Jericho back? ?

Last edited:

biker74

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
Scotland
It’s a slow burner but sucks you in. But by the end of the series end. I, like others was getting irritated by it. They’re dragging it out too long. Also, M. Night Shyamalan has said it will go to 4 seasons ?. I don’t think I’ll last that long.

Reactions: 211

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I enjoyed both seasons. S1 was just wonderful, S2 dragged a bit in the middle but I assumed since the beginning that the entire season was just going to be a "bridge" to S3. I must say that the S2 finale was just great and enough to convince me to watch S3.

Reactions: Ideanj and Jxdawg

Claybyrd

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Thought I'd start this discussion thread as I haven't seen anyone else start one. After watching the first three episodes yesterday, I am very much intrigued and hooked on this series. Storyline, character development, set pieces (though a bit dark), and the acting were all spot on.

For those that haven't watched it yet, do enjoy! Cannot wait for episode 4 next week!
I find all of the characters in this series insufferable. I watched the entire season one and it was good, and creepy and weird -- which I enjoy -- but the characters (except Natalie) go beyond hateful. It's an interesting mystery and well acted. I cannot invest time with these awful characters no matter how good the acting and production values are. Dorothy and Julian are just nasty and cruel. My sister in law was the anchor of a CBS affiliate and had she behaved like Dorothy she would have been fired. Leeanne is just annoying. I turned off episode 2 of season two because of just how awful these characters are. I have no sympathy for any of them. I will not be watching the rest of this series.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Time to get this thread rolling again. Season 3 Episode I thought was really good, especially compared to Season 2, which dragged on except for the finale which was great. The tension between Leanne and the burglar had my heart pounding, and Julian getting attacked by the birds was crazy. Overall I thought it was a great episode to start of the season. I think Leanne is going to have an even bigger part in the outcome of this season.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
After watching the first two seasons and S3E1, I get a terrible feeling that this show will have creepy, weird things happen with no intriguing explanation except that in the end it's all been a fevered dream.

Kamgal

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2022
After episode 4... I have many questions and no answers. :lol:

So, can we safely assume that the baby is Leanne's and that she might have taken him somehow into the house? However, I don't think he was hidden in her bag as Sean proposed, the baby would've cried and probably gotten hurt. But if the baby is hers, what could the weird cross-like thing over the crib be? A charm?

What's with Sean losing his taste? And getting itches (or soreness?) on the back of his ear and in his eye? Could it be the work of "witchcraft"?

In the final moments of the episode we also learn that Leanne already knew the family as it was revealed that she interacted with Dorothy back in 2011 during a news report. What could Leanne's thumb gesture we're shown at the very end mean?

We also got to know that Dorothy has "killed" most of her babies in her womb due to a immune system disorder. She's tried multiple times to get pregnant, successfully, but none of the pregnancies got to their terms, except Jericho's. Did I get that wrong?

What about the name Jericho? They insisted a great deal on that in this episode. For all I know, it was an ancient city in present-day West Bank and according to biblical accounts the first city to be conquered by the Israelites.

My theory, after episode 4, is that the baby is Leanne's and he's the Devil's son. If that is it, I can draw similarities to Polanski's Rosemary's Baby as has been mentioned before. Stylistically, it resembles Polanski's film as well, the apartment, the claustrophobic atmosphere, the close-ups. My question is, if the baby is the Devil’s son why does she say the Lord’s Prayer? Plus, there’s her tomb in Wisconsin, how is she alive?

BTW, any other Wizard of Oz Easter eggs?

Thrilling.
Wikipedia

jericho wi from en.m.wikipedia.org

Per Wikipedi:

Jericho is an unincorporated community in the town of Brothertown in Calumet County, Wisconsin, ...

Is this where Leann came from?

Kamgal

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2022
Per Wikipeia:

Jericho is an unincorporated community in the town of Brothertown in Calumet County, Wisconsin, ...
It is part of an area that is known as “Holy Land” because it was settled by a group of Germans who were Catholic and very religious.
Is this where Leann came from?

Last edited:

Kamgal

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2022
@rmoliv, I like your theory of Leanne being possibly impregnated though how does it tie in with the dead family in Wisconsin, the burnt house, and a gravestone with Leanne's name on it.. The more I think about the many possibilities and outcomes of this series, the more it hurts my head!

One thing I didn't like is why has Julian suddenly dropped the pursuit of finding out more about Leanne? After he went to Wisconsin, he returned and it seemed like the series just dropped that plot point. I would've like to see maybe he stayed in Wisconsin to dig up some more dirt (no pun intended) on Leanne, e.g. go to the local high school and look for high school photos of her, look into social media profiles of her (if she had any), talk to neighbors about her, check the county office for a death certificate and look into the circumstances surrounding the death of the family, cause of fire, etc.

@matrix07, I noticed that as well, that she's wheedling herself into everything now, even so that Sean is starting to trust her now. How did he go from completely being distrustful of her to starting to trust her enough to confide in her? Wonder if he's feeling sorry for her if he's believing the story that she's a single mother with a baby to take care of and no place to go?.

@PR1985, interesting points and I like it. I believe in a couple posts back I alluded to the same thing, i.e. what is we're all looking at this from the wrong angle and Leanne is actually good? An angel, maybe? I also agree with your point about the straw cross. It doesn't strike me as something evil. Even the one in Wisconsin survived the fire.

Good points fellas!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.