Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
Just finished watching the final episode of season 1 (Balloon).

I have to say that there’s something inside me that still doesn’t believe Jericho died the way that was portrayed in episode 9, and I’m saying this based on some of the statements Natalie has made toward Leanne.

I would’ve really liked to have some closure about that including Sean’s and Julian’s story arcs, or how they were involved.

Anyway, great final episode to close out what was, in my opinion, a terrific start to this series!

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
I’m really enjoying this but have a question;

Anyone else noticing that the image quality is lacking with this show? The dynamic range seems very poor with washed-out blacks and generally poor contrast. Also it’s dropping frames like crazy. Only really noticed this with Servant. Everything else I’ve seen on ATV+ is tip-to in this regard.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
Wow this show has some great sound design. The LFE, especially, is sensational. Only the finale to go and then I can actually read the thread...

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Season 2 is here. I was surprised when I saw the notification last Friday. Just have time to watch it today.

Must admit, the S1 ending is kind of a let down but now the S2 began and it's getting interesting again. It's not as mysterious as the S1 but more like a thriller now. Anyone got this impression?

Reactions: Jxdawg

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
The first episode feels more thriller-esque. Still, whose baby is it? Is it Leanne’s? Jericho revived? Does the doll come to life only when Leanne commands it to? Did she revive Aunt May?

Reactions: matrix07

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
The first episode feels more thriller-esque. Still, whose baby is it? Is it Leanne’s? Jericho revived? Does the doll come to life only when Leanne commands it to? Did she revive Aunt May?
I believe the tape shows people believe Leanne leader can resurrect the dead? Maybe Leanne can do the same.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
And it begins again! I’m leaning more towards Leanne can resurrect people. I know there was an episode where she brought a dog back to life.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
And it begins again! I’m leaning more towards Leanne can resurrect people. I know there was an episode where she brought a dog back to life.
Yeah I agree.

I think Sean is in big trouble now. Looks like his condition is deteriorating.

Oct 27, 2020
I thought the second episode of S3 was good and M. Night said that he plans for Servant to go for 6 seasons. I just how they can get that many seasons out the plot unless it pivots to something else. Servant is a unique show like Wayward Pines was I suppose.

Spooner83

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2011
I watched all season one and it made no sense. I'm so confused even after first few episodes of season two. WandaVision is a mystery but at least they give you answers slowly. Servant gives us nothing. Seriously, what is the point of this show? It feels like a script was completed and then they removed pieces and said here's the show. Never giving us any answers. Ughh

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Maybe I haven’t been paying attention in prior episodes, but in tonight’s episode “Pizza”, I’ve seen 3 HomePod product placements so far.

Khaleesi Kendall

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2020
Maybe I haven’t been paying attention in prior episodes, but in tonight’s episode “Pizza”, I’ve seen 3 HomePod product placements so far.
This episode definitely had a lot of obvious product placement. From the HomePod to the Apple TV and FaceTime/iPhone chats.

to be fair I usually notice them using the iPads macs every episode.
I think they actually shot this with iPhones because if you notice aside from the kids in the house there wasn’t many people grouped together in a scene. Social distance I imagine.

Reactions: Pipper99

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
This episode definitely had a lot of obvious product placement. From the HomePod to the Apple TV and FaceTime/iPhone chats.

to be fair I usually notice them using the iPads macs every episode.
I think they actually shot this with iPhones because if you notice aside from the kids in the house there wasn’t many people grouped together in a scene. Social distance I imagine.
Yeah, that’s true, lots of macs and iPads. I was surprised at the close ups of the HomePods in this one ?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I hope this is not some fevered dream of Dorothy’s (or someone else). I’m so tired of shows that set up an interesting mystery only to explain it away as a exploration of mental illness.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry if it’s been mentioned already, but it appears that Sean may have leprosy. He saw “the test for leprosy” in the margins of Leann’s Bible, and he’s unable to feel what would be excruciating pain.

Has this been previously discussed?

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
Started watching season 2 and I am very intrigued while still a bit confused. I believe it was mentioned somewhere, though someone can correct me if I’m wrong, that M. Night Shyamalan said this television series will focus on grief and its stages. If that is the case, what stage(s) are we focusing on for season 2?

Personally, I thought that season 2 started slow (I know we’re only 2 episodes in) but after watching episode 3 ‘Pizza’, my mind has been busy racing with all kinds of possibilities as to how the results of Dorothy’s actions will play out.

Some questions I have about season 2 so far if anyone is willing to take a stab at it.....

What is the meaning of the sinkhole in the basement and why haven’t any of the characters mentioned its sudden appearance?

I can‘t remember, but was Julian constantly swearing in season 1 like he is in season 2?

Anyone have any ideas what happened to Roscoe during his disappearance, e.g. where did he go and who can explain the loss of time (a week)? If he was drugged, how could they (the cult) bring his body back to his car without being noticed? What’s the significance of the character with the hook for a hand (I think that’s what I heard) removing babies eyes?

Why is Sean so keen on believing Jericho is real - bathing the doll?

Why was Julian at first willing to use this abduction (if you want to call it that) to perpetuate the idea that Jericho was never real, then suddenly change his mind by sending Dorothy a note that the baby was still alive along with an accompanying shoe? Is he trying to protect Dorothy’s psyche?

What’s the significance of Sean burning his hand on the stovetop?

Any thoughts on the sickly homeowner of the mansion, the quiet husband in the corner of the room, and the teenager with the door ajar? Somehow there’s something amiss with those characters but I can’t put my finger on it quite yet.

I’m sure I have other questions/thoughts which I’ll add to this post as it comes to me. Happy to be back to discuss season 2....this is going to be fun!

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
After each episode in season 1 we would have a WTF moment, but kept tuning in. So far season 2 is even more out there, but like a moth to the flame we are still watching. In episode 3 it looks like Dorothy has finally gone to the dark side.

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
One question that's been boggling my mind is how are they taking FaceTime calls on the TV? And why?? Do they have a camera attached to the TV or are they simply AirPlay-ing it to the TV? The latter seems stupid though since whoever's on the other end of the call won't be able to see their faces at all.

Reactions: irish2110
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.