Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I gave up after 30 minutes. Too slow paced and so boring. The actor didn’t aged so well…

Well another trash from Apple, it’s getting worst.

Reactions: Neonblue

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I gave up after 30 minutes. Too slow paced and so boring. The actor didn’t aged so well…

I thought the first episode was rock solid. I appreciate the speed - it’s the first episode so you can’t go into too much from the get go. However the scenes are being set and the question as are slowly being asked.

I also enjoyed Invasion for the same reasons. Many people thought that slow - I however totally enjoyed the slow build up.

Some people can’t handle shows like this - which is fine - there’s plenty of other shows which don’t require so much investment.

And before you ask, I have a varied taste - I also enjoyed Amazon’s first season of Reacher for exactly the opposite reasons.

Trash? Simply your opinion. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 97%/93%.

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I thought the first episode was rock solid. I appreciate the speed - it’s the first episode so you can’t go into too much from the get go. However the scenes are being set and the question as are slowly being asked.

I also enjoyed Invasion for the same reasons. Many people thought that slow - I however totally enjoyed the slow build up.

Some people can’t handle shows like this - which is fine - there’s plenty of other shows which don’t require so much investment.

And before you ask, I have a varied taste - I also enjoyed Amazon’s first season of Reacher for exactly the opposite reasons.

Trash? Simply your opinion. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 97%/93%.
I don’t watch things like this with family members at all. If they aren’t laughing within the first 5 minutes, not much happens, or it’s too “deep”, they want to turn it off.

I am enjoying it, but I wouldn’t say I’m “hooked”, like I’ve seen people say when it’s trending on social media. I’m enjoying Suspicion more.

Reactions: TiggrToo

residentgalah

macrumors member
May 27, 2021
Canberra, Australia
Really enjoying it after two episodes and keen to see where it goes, so hopefully will continue to feel that way for the whole season. Also, one of the best opening credit sequences I think I’ve seen for anything just lately.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
its creepy in a curious way and unique, im liking it so far. John Turturro is great too and Adam Scott seems well cast.

the 'thing' about the neighbor has a spine chilling effect of being trapped

to each his own, but pilots for nearly any show require some patience to set the stage

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I've recently gotten into ATV+, and I've only seen the ads. Like, literally as you see them at the start of each programming (felt a bit weird to have these ads embedded as part of the show/movie). There is a Skip button, but it disappears rather quickly (although you can just manually FF to roughly the 1:30 mark)

I like to wait until I can see the whole thing because waiting is a :eek:
This'll be my approach as well (ideally, the whole season can come out within 4 months of time in time for my trial period). I'm currently binging See. As a bonus, it's not like there isn't plenty of other ATV+ content for me to go through in the meantime.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I love this show so far although I'm still trying to wrap my head around the premise. It's like having a never-ending day at work and at the same time living a normal life where you black out for 8 hours, neither 'self' being aware of the other. It boggles my mind if I think too hard about it.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I've recently gotten into ATV+, and I've only seen the ads. Like, literally as you see them at the start of each programming (felt a bit weird to have these ads embedded as part of the show/movie). There is a Skip button, but it disappears rather quickly (although you can just manually FF to roughly the 1:30 mark)

This'll be my approach as well (ideally, the whole season can come out within 4 months of time in time for my trial period). I'm currently binging See. As a bonus, it's not like there isn't plenty of other ATV+ content for me to go through in the meantime.
You have to love the Queen in See.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Today I ended watching Episode 5. I’m liking the atmosphere and the aesthetics of the show.

By the way, have you noticed how, during the workie parts of the show (on the underground of Lumo industries) the prevalent color is the green? Dark green. Different shades of dark green, as well as during the opening, titles sequence. Those shades of green rememind me a lot of the new iPhone 13 green. Next time you watch an episode, just look carefully.

I could start posting screenshots, but you will see it with your own eyes if you watch the show. The new iPhone 13 color is matching a lot with Severance’s color scheme.

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Watching as well, just finished episode 3, then I skipped over to Mrs Maisel. It is an ok watch but like Invasion, dragging out the details is a bit frustrating, I would like a bit of immediate satisfaction in each episode to really make me want to come back for the next.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
I very much enjoy the suspense - the various team-ups and roaming around their office building.

I just hope the build ups doesn't fall flat. I'd like to know more about the founders and why there's seemingly all this secrecy about the Lumon company.

The tech depicted (computers and such) are very nice and a very "high tech retro". Let's see where the this next episode brings us now that there's an uprising of sorts.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I very much enjoy the suspense - the various team-ups and roaming around their office building.

I just hope the build ups doesn't fall flat. I'd like to know more about the founders and why there's seemingly all this secrecy about the Lumon company.

The tech depicted (computers and such) are very nice and a very "high tech retro". Let's see where the this next episode brings us now that there's an uprising of sorts.
Apparently, from what we saw on the last episode, the maintenance team built an electronically controlled security door in place of the regular door of Refinement Data office. That will contain part of that uprising. We’ll see.

I just cannot understand outies, especially Helly’s one, seeing that their workie is having a bad time and still refusing to leave.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Apparently, from what we saw on the last episode, the maintenance team built an electronically controlled security door in place of the regular door of Refinement Data office. That will contain part of that uprising. We’ll see.

I just cannot understand outies, especially Helly’s one, seeing that their workie is having a bad time and still refusing to leave.
Oh, you're right about the door.

And yes, Helly's outie is one hell of a stubborn broad. What is going on there?! It boggles the mind and the more I think about separating work life and personal life in the way severance does - the more I dislike it... of course this is perhaps a common observation. "Don't bring your work with you" is a good thing. But there has to be some sort of personal life brought to the workplace instead of being oblivious as to the life of your outie - a kid and or wife etc.. It was fun to have the innies guess their outie's life.

Also a very sad affair. The whole thing is just sad. I so want to learn more and in my humble opinion, this tv-series whole-heartedly makes up for all the woke stuff on AppleTV+

Although, without spoiling too much I have seen a fair share of what I determine woke things in Severance - but it's only attraction between the same sexes(males) and that's still something I could do without watching. It's quite alright so far.

Poor taste of me to mention woke - I should know better. I'm a pretty even keel guy IRL.

It's a head scratcher for sure. If I haven't understood the plot yet - please don't hack my computer. I try the hardest I can to follow along.

Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
For me both Severance and Foundation well worth a month or two of Apple TV+ subscription. Not a bad deal for just 5 or 10 bucks. There are people who actually like more shows from the streaming service; no my case.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Probably not…

…now that Mark has the Head of Security’s keycard.

What did you think of the most recent episode? The story is really beginning to pick up in pace. I was almost losing interest… :D
Yeah, it’s getting interesting. Still, I think the story unfolds too slowly, the pace is a tad too slow for my taste.

Anyways, I enjoyed the episode as always, and I’ve heard there are just 2 episodes left, so it must be approaching to the finale.

By the way: the actors are just outstanding. Mr. Milkshake acting is superb, the female boss (Miss Coven?) is a great actress as well. And Mark and Helly, really great. And what to say about Christopher-****ING-Walken. They are all great actors!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.