Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
Holy s**t what a great show! I started the first episode on monday and finished the last on wednesday. I was hooked right from the start. The camera, the artstyle, the tension, the mysteries, just everything about this show is awesome! There was not one second where I was bored.
Also reading the comments from those who watched it "live" (as in watching each episode as soon as they were released) was very interesting.
I wonder how they will continue with the story. I guess season 2 will be a very different show, as the innies have quite some outie knowledge. And some outies heard about innie stuff. Especially what Helly R. said. Even though it wasn't much, it was quite enough.

Does anyone know in what year this show takes place? The innie world seems pretty 80s. Also the cars in the outies world. But there are mobiles so it's more 90s to 2000s. And then there is Milchick with a device that looks like a mix of a modern smartphone and a Newton?

Pretty sad that Severance wasn't mentioned in the What's New In 2024 on AppleTV+ trailer. Could still come later in 2024 as that trailer only mentioned the first half of 2024.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Holy s**t what a great show! I started the first episode on monday and finished the last on wednesday. I was hooked right from the start. The camera, the artstyle, the tension, the mysteries, just everything about this show is awesome! There was not one second where I was bored.
Also reading the comments from those who watched it "live" (as in watching each episode as soon as they were released) was very interesting.
I wonder how they will continue with the story. I guess season 2 will be a very different show, as the innies have quite some outie knowledge. And some outies heard about innie stuff. Especially what Helly R. said. Even though it wasn't much, it was quite enough.

Does anyone know in what year this show takes place? The innie world seems pretty 80s. Also the cars in the outies world. But there are mobiles so it's more 90s to 2000s. And then there is Milchick with a device that looks like a mix of a modern smartphone and a Newton?

Pretty sad that Severance wasn't mentioned in the What's New In 2024 on AppleTV+ trailer. Could still come later in 2024 as that trailer only mentioned the first half of 2024.
It’s a fantastic show indeed, very original and well made. One of my favorites. The fact that you slowly start discovering that peculiar world is one of its charms. I will re-Watch season one whenever the second is released.

I guess we should have second season by now, but I’ve heard that there’s a strike among the actors or something like that, and maybe that has affected the production.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.