Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I’ve watched 3 and half episodes.
Literally forced myself to watch it because of all the hype.got to be one of the slowest most boring shows I ever watched.
Can’t do it anymore .
You should keep watching. It gets much much better and closes in a SHOCKER!

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
I did finish it,last episode was very good but overall VERY slow show.painfully boring at times,I like the subject,story,characters and actors in this show but the pacing was REALLY slow. unbearably slow.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I did finish it,last episode was very good but overall VERY slow show.painfully boring at times,I like the subject,story,characters and actors in this show but the pacing was REALLY slow. unbearably slow.
I agree that the pacing is very slow, but to me, it builds suspense and mystery. But everyone has their preferences.

On the other end of the spectrum, a show like Invasion had similarly slow pacing, but it didn’t build any suspense or mystery.

The main thing about Severance that keeps me interested is thinking about what the character’s motivation is for undergoing the procedure. Dylan in particular is who I’m most interested in.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I'm surprised this show has only 3 pages of discussion. Anyone who's a fan of Brazil (1995) and Being John Malkovich will love this. The production and cinematography should be set to get Emmy. The cast is perfect. Milchik has a very good chance at awards. He's so creepy.

This is one of the best show of the year. Top 3 no doubt. The story is full of tidbits that I hope we will have an answer for, like Baby Goat (sacrification?) or that scary photo showing MDR goes on killing spree.

Strangely it took me a re-watch to notice that the heroine innie name is "HELLy". I didn't register it at the first watching at all. 😳

Reactions: th0masp

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I'm surprised this show has only 3 pages of discussion. Anyone who's a fan of Brazil (1995) and Being John Malkovich will love this. The production and cinematography should be set to get Emmy. The cast is perfect. Milchik has a very good chance at awards. He's so creepy.

This is one of the best show of the year. Top 3 no doubt. The story is full of tidbits that I hope we will have an answer for, like Baby Goat (sacrification?) or that scary photo showing MDR goes on killing spree.

Strangely it took me a re-watch to notice that the heroine innie name is "HELLy". I didn't register it at the first watching at all. 😳
Huh? 3 pages is pretty good for a new show that only has one season, no?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I remember Servant had like 6-7 pages on the first season alone and this one is so much better, so much more mysteries to dig through.
Perhaps it's because TV+ has a much bigger catalog of content now than it did when Servant first came out. So viewers are watching shows instead of posting about shows in MR. The thread I started for Acapulco doesn't even make it past page 1 and that show is fantastic.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Perhaps it's because TV+ has a much bigger catalog of content now than it did when Servant first came out. So viewers are watching shows instead of posting about shows in MR. The thread I started for Acapulco doesn't even make it past page 1 and that show is fantastic.
Yeah, this seems to be a good reason for that. I'll also add things like...
--Severance is still relatively brand new
So perhaps folks haven't had a chance to get to it. While still watching other stuff. On ATV+, or other SS (or perhaps both)
--Maybe the show winning an Emmy category will up viewership, and get more participation on this thread
--Some people want to binge entire seasons
So they won't even touch the likes of this and other shows until the entire series is fleshed out.

Me, my fave ATV+ show is Foundation, and that hasn't gotten a lot of love either.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Such a solid show. I was never a fan of series but this one, I’m glad I stumbled upon this. Can anyone tell me how do I add spoiler tags? I’m using Tapatalk.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
I gave up after 30 minutes. Too slow paced and so boring. The actor didn’t aged so well…

Well another trash from Apple, it’s getting worst.

I don't knock on anyone's opinion but everyone has a right to their own taste. But for me, Severance is one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Ep 9 (season finale) has got to be in my top 5 all time single episode of any episodic series/TV shows in my book. This show will definitely win awards. It's going to be a long wait for season 2 which I dont expect to see until 2024 at the earliest.

Reactions: matrix07

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Just finished the last episode too - late on the train, heard about it when it was “live” many months ago, but only now got around to watching it. Fantastic! Such an interesting premise / world that they’ve built, and so many interesting themes can be explored around it.

Feels a little bit like after watching first season of Westworld. Totally different of course, but unique and intriguing world-building, with some really interesting ideas.

Happy to hear a Season 2 was announced!

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I just finished watching season 1. I’m blown away. This is the most impressed by a TV show that I’ve been since Euphoria season 1 which was nearly 4 years ago. The writing, the acting, the characters, the set, it’s just unbelievably good. Super excited for season 2, though it sounds like we will be waiting a long time for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.