Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Anyone watch Silo yet? If so, what did you think about it?

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
Anyone watch Silo yet? If so, what did you think about it?
I think they needed one of these:

:)

Seriously - quite enjoyed the first episode. It's years since I read the books so I don't know what they've changed but it seemed pretty much like what I remember, and visually I thought it was spot on.

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
Between this and Hello Tomorrow! my wife and I are convinced Apple was at some point expecting to get the Fallout show… lol. But actually Silo is pretty good. Will keep watching.

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
4th padded cell on the right
Episode 3 "Machines" planted a lot of seeds. It's going to be a long wait until next week's follow up. I'm happy to report I'm still very much enjoying this show.

ALSO:
The moment the power was first turned off, the landscape out the cafeteria changed to green/blue sky for a second...
silo-1.jpg.755c465d667b11dff141c03ac2879fe5.jpg

Last edited:

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
@shadow puppet Please use
Code:
[ISPOILER]secret[/ISPOILER]

We already knew it’s green outside. The image in the cafeteria is computer generated. The sheriff might still be alive.

Last edited:

TheOldChevy

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Switzerland
I watched the first 3 episodes. I like it quite a lot.

Isn't something missing near to the tree during the short green flash in 3rd episode ?

Reactions: DotCom2

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Really enjoy the 3 episodes so far. And I so much prefer the weekly releases than binge on it. Whenever I bing on a series, whenever the new season is out, I don't remember anything about the previous season. Weekly releases make me assimilate it better, and capture my attention for longer.

Reactions: BeatCrazy

maihan

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2020
sorry ,can't hop on the praise train .
Soapy, depressing and rather boring. The bleak setting /environment never changes.Just another dystopian plot and it looks like a video game.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Soapy, depressing and rather boring.
For me it's too action packed. They are in there for over a century. This would've slowed down any activity by mind-numbing repetition. There should be way longer shots of no activity at all. Not even sitting and crying. This silo is buzzing like a beehive. Something is happening all the damn time.

maihan

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2020
Dito
24/7rush hour, Central for 100 years.These busy bees are running up and down 60 floors;no elevator attached!?
I’m sure it’s not a Silo but a ,in secrecy build 19 century gigantic titanic and they all live in the ships tummy shoveling coal.

TheOldChevy

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Switzerland
Dito
24/7rush hour, Central for 100 years.These busy bees are running up and down 60 floors;no elevator attached!?
I’m sure it’s not a Silo but a ,in secrecy build 19 century gigantic titanic and they all live in the ships tummy shoveling coal.
I was wondering for the elevators too. Maybe an issue with energy ? Or maybe they do have elevators but these are reserved for another cast ?

And what/who is outside ? Are the silo people the energy used by the "people" outside ?

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
A Silo can be both a food storage tower or an underground weapons storage facility. Maybe the humans are harvested for their meat or their organs like in The Island? But then again, it seems as if in the past people knew, why they built and entered the bunker in the first place. But all the knowledge got "lost" in this rebellion of the people who wanted out. This is all such a blatant ripoff of Jeanne DuPrau's "City of Ember" book series. At the beginning of episode 4 there is even a short "Thank the founders, I found you." prayer line, which is such a throwback to Mrs. Murdo's almost religious believe in the builders, who will come back and save the people of Ember when they need them the most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.