Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Jesus Christ! The reason why everyone cleans the camera lens is soo sinister. Albeit we've already seen the Sheriff Holston goes outside scene, "show, don't tell " worked out to be more confusing. But then, why even..? I still don't understand. And I won't spoil. 😳 🤯 😂

Reactions: AlphaCentauri

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
I love it so far. Never read the books so viewing it “blind”

I do wish apple would just release all episodes. I hate week to week
Wait until all of the episodes have been played and then you can binge.

DS

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
These busy bees are running up and down 60 floors; no elevator attached!?
Apparently it's a 145 level circular staircase with an upper, middle and lower class society structure. The top 45 levels are just administration and IT. The visit of the elderly major and her lover deputy down to mechanics is a "once in a lifetime" journey, the major has her own travel budget for this four-day trip and they book hotel rooms and restaurant tables down the way. It's like a state visit and the major comes across giant rooms, she barely knew even existed. The walk is so exhausting that they develop a special travel custom to drink from each other's water bottles, which is how the major got poisoned from the deputy's water bottle.

GrumpyCoder

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2016
Latest episode was a little slow. I hope they won't focus on politics and from here on.
When Juliette climbed into the generator/turbine in episode 3 to cool it down and came back up the flooded chamber last second, I really hoped she did learn to swim to go back down to the lake below the silo to find whatever George found there.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
I was wondering for the elevators too. Maybe an issue with energy ? Or maybe they do have elevators but these are reserved for another cast ?

And what/who is outside ? Are the silo people the energy used by the "people" outside ?
Well, episode 5 gave us a little hint about that:

At some point Walt talks about two rules of the Pact that are a mystery for her. One is about forbidding any mechanical way of going up and down in the silo, so no lifts and no poulies allowed. Which proves elevators are a known thing... they exist or have existed in the past and/or the residents have the knowledge and the ressources to build them but aren't allowed to. I think this will later help to explain the motivations about the reason and the people behind the silo.

My two cents about the show: I love the intrigue and can't wait to watch the episodes, but I think the two/three first episodes were more intriguing and paced but 4 and 5 are slow to develop. I guess I would prefer some follow up about Holston regarding life outside the silo.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Another question for my-self (and probably for a future episode): is there only one silo ?
I would assume several, but it depends on why people live in this Silo to start with. For now we just see 1 Silo.
Many questions that we want an answer on. When is this occurring in time?
Why do they live in this Silo?, What have happened to Earth, and have it happened anything to the climat? Have we any Alien visitors playing out this?

I am pretty much wondering about a lot. As the out-of-the-silo-condition looks one way from inside the Silo and differently from the outside. That’s my perception at least. Something is wacko regarding that.
I’m not sure that what they see from inside the Silo is the truth of what’s happening out there, at all.
Interesting reality that will unfold….

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOldChevy

TheOldChevy

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Switzerland
I would assume several, but it depends on why people live in this Silo to start with. For now we just see 1 Silo.
Many questions that we want an answer on. When is this occurring in time?
Why do they live in this Silo?, What have happened to Earth, and have it happened anything to the climat? Have we any Alien visitors playing out this?

I am pretty much wondering about a lot. As the out-of-the-silo-condition looks one way from inside the Silo and differently from the outside. That’s my perception at least. Something is wacko regarding that.
I’m not sure that what they see from inside the Silo is the truth of what’s happening out there, at all.
Interesting reality that will unfold….
If there are several silos, maybe the radio will hear it ? if the other silos have radio and use the same wavelength/modulation... (we need a Seti in the silo)

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
i think its excellent so far. nearly didnt watch it as it didnt grab me but really enjoying it.

like a lot of great series, its the little things that i love. when someone is going outside and they have a little routine where its all explained to them, then they get a cloth and everyone goes and watches, and the little almost nursery rhime about we dont know why we are here, we dont know who built the silo, we dont know whats outside, we dont know if we can leave....we just know that day is not today...

and every time there's a weird strange artifact, and its like a video camera or suchlike.

Reactions: shadow puppet

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
The opening scene of episode 7 gave me strange mixed reality vibes. Maybe we should scan the remaining episodes for hints on future Apple products? 🤔

EDIT: 😧 Now I know the purpose of Vision Pro, Apple wants to turn us all into cleaners! 🤯

Last edited:

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
I've been watching this series weekly, just watched the latest installment this evening. Pretty engaging. I'm guessing most Apple products would be classed as illicit "relics" in this world, although in episode 7 there was certainly what looked like an Ipad shown from the back.

Incidentially, proving to me again why Apple stuff is just better, staying with relatives for a few days who have an Apple TV box but not an Apple TV+ subscription. So I used my Ipad and connected it to the TV with Airplay, which took seconds. Brilliant!

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
I find it ironic that in the US the fertility rate is 1.7 kids per woman while the show shows groups of fictional leaders mandating that certain persons cannot reproduce.

Americans volunteer towards that future while the TV show fights for more babies.

jbwelsch

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2021
I can't even begin to say how much I LOVE this show. Between this and Foundation, Apple has really managed to kick butt with SciFi series.

Do you think that crew that went searching for her is a normal occurrence, or are they sneaky and hidden? It is a lot of people in riot gear to hide, and I'm sure there were people out and about. They set up Houston as the primary sheriff figure, and the riot gear was a first in the show. Don't tell me any spoilers from the book :)

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Nothing, nothing and absolutely nothing is what it looks like in the The Silo.
There's always underlaying multiple layers 😆

I love this serie 😍

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Yes it was a good season finale. Overall, I'd say Silo makes my top 3 Apple series so far. For All Mankind is my No 1 to date.

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016
Very interesting finale. Even though I wasn't sure what to expect, I can say I definitely got what I wasn't expecting. If that even makes sense.

Great acting in the series...generally if I care about the characters I care about the show, and the casting for this show was very well done. I really have bonded with these peeps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.