Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I'm watching:
SILO - B+.
HIJACK - only 2 episodes so far but Idris Elba is great.
INVASION - C-. War of the Words meets Ender's Game.
FOUNDATION - A. Great cast and I loved the books when I read them a couple decades ago. It's been so long I only remember the outline of the story. Published in 1951 and it still holds up today.

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
4th padded cell on the right
I hope we're now allowed to speak freely since the season is over. Don't see a "no spoilers" tag on this thread but...

Anyway, for now I'll just say I loved the finale. Juliette's moment of "Oh my God. We never stood a chance!" down to knowing right where to place the old sheriff's badge. No wonder all the others "cleaned" but she didn't. Like Bernard said, "she knows".

It's going to be a long wait for S2 in 2024. May have to dive into the books.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I hope we're now allowed to speak freely since the season is over. Don't see a "no spoilers" tag on this thread but...

Anyway, for now I'll just say I loved the finale. Juliette's moment of "Oh my God. We never stood a chance!" down to knowing right where to place the old sheriff's badge. No wonder all the others "cleaned" but she didn't. Like Bernard said, "she knows".

It's going to be a long wait for S2 in 2024. May have to dive into the books.
Off we go, Juliette to…something….on the horizon. See what happens next season 😉

jbwelsch

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2021
Off we go, Juliette to…something….on the horizon. See what happens next season 😉
So I considered buying the book, but I wanted to know how much was left after the season finale. Looks like 3ish chapters of book content following the finale. I’m struggling to figure out if I want to buy the books to read, knowing how much is covered in S1. I’ve never read something after watching it (no surprises left), but this might be the one!

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
Too bad thanks to the writers strike we may have to wait until the end of 2024 or 2025 to get season 2. By that time, I will be on to 20-30 other "GREAT SHOWS"

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
4th padded cell on the right

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I've watched a bit video of and around the stuff around the Silo.

This is totally tv-serie p#rn - it have layers upon layers for everyone who really want to get sucked up by all amazing details of this serie.
I take it as entertainment instead of a mystery that I want or have any time to solve. I’ve given it it a few moments extra then usual series though, and I still love it.

As a Swede myself, as also have lived in Stockholm, and in the same area and in some similar time as Ferguson, I could have seen or bumped into her. No memory of it though, my Stockholm years was a very busy time for me and I was totally without TV and any of that kind of entertainment for that matter.

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016
snip...

As a Swede myself, as also have lived in Stockholm, and in the same area and in some similar time as Ferguson, I could have seen or bumped into her. No memory of it though, my Stockholm years was a very busy time for me and I was totally without TV and any of that kind of entertainment for that matter.

Cool! Rebecca Ferguson is so good in this. Since I hadn't seen her in any other show, I looked her up and saw she has been in several Mission Impossible movies. So I watched Rogue Nation just to see her in an action movie, where she actually gets to smile sometimes and be less dour than as Jules. She's very good in action roles where there's a little bit a glamour as well.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Just finished the season. This might be my favorite show of the year. Once again Apple makes the investment into their streaming service worth it. Just think if they added Star Trek to it (Wishful thinking on my part, but if Paramount is struggling, I would much rather see Apple get Trek than Disney), and I think Apple TV+ could be the best service. This season was amazing, Juliette was amazing and that finale was awesome. Looking forward to season 2, whenever that will be. I know I will be rewatching Season 1 when we get closer to that time.

Also, after having just seen the entire mission impossible franchise and then jumping into Silo, Rebecca Ferguson has been on my radar a lot lately. She's a great actress.

Reactions: HappyIntro

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Just finished the season. This might be my favorite show of the year. Once again Apple makes the investment into their streaming service worth it. Just think if they added Star Trek to it (Wishful thinking on my part, but if Paramount is struggling, I would much rather see Apple get Trek than Disney), and I think Apple TV+ could be the best service. This season was amazing, Juliette was amazing and that finale was awesome. Looking forward to season 2, whenever that will be. I know I will be rewatching Season 1 when we get closer to that time.

Also, after having just seen the entire mission impossible franchise and then jumping into Silo, Rebecca Ferguson has been on my radar a lot lately. She's a great actress.
Apple are making some darned good shows, but their problem is volume. Compared to other streaming platforms, there is a much smaller catalogue of shows and movies to watch. Buying up a studio and their existing content would seem their natural next step if Apple+ is to become one of the top streaming platforms.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
Apple are making some darned good shows, but their problem is volume. Compared to other streaming platforms,
The first part is where Apple wants to be. The second part, Apple doesn't want to do what the others have done and they surely (Shirley) lol don't care about being #1 because they are #1 in the money:D

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
Enjoyed the show even though going into mid season seemed slow, now on the third book, “Dust”.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Just binged the series yesterday and now downloaded book 1. Got another 5 days holiday to move on to books 2 and 3 :)
IMG_3517.jpeg

#Staycation

Reactions: MacMan2013

jbwelsch

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2021
So no one has mentioned it yet. Season 1 only carries halfway through Book 1, so don’t not buy if you’re interested. Also, the source is far enough to be a great story even if you’ve seen S1. I’ve got 6 hours left on Book 1. Highly suggest.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
So no one has mentioned it yet. Season 1 only carries halfway through Book 1, so don’t not buy if you’re interested. Also, the source is far enough to be a great story even if you’ve seen S1. I’ve got 6 hours left on Book 1. Highly suggest.
Just finished it!

Good read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.