Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
So I ordered two 14 pro 256gb’s last night after hours of Xfinity Mobiles website crashing. When I was finally able to order, silver is an Oct 28 ship date when all other colors showed Sept 16.. did they make less silver thinking it wouldn’t be as popular or was it more popular than the two new colors and gold..🤷‍♂️ I still ordered Silver and a purple for the wife. I’m not one to buy something I don’t really want just to have it now

mhaniff

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
NYC
I've had the space gray 12 pro for the last two years. Yesterday I went through the checkout process for a 14 pro in silver with the chance to pick up next Friday. I was hesitant and said I should wait for the reviews to come out, so I did not complete the transaction. Later in the day I was tempted to process the order and it showed the 14 pro in silver unavailable for pick up next Friday. I'll wait until late November to get it.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
I've had the space gray 12 pro for the last two years. Yesterday I went through the checkout process for a 14 pro in silver with the chance to pick up next Friday. I was hesitant and said I should wait for the reviews to come out, so I did not complete the transaction. Later in the day I was tempted to process the order and it showed the 14 pro in silver unavailable for pick up next Friday. I'll wait until late November to get it.
Same here *graphite 12 Pro so I didn’t want black and don’t like gold or purple. My XS was silver with the white back. Still one of the best looking iPhones made in my opinion

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
I wouldn't think of going with gold but would need to look at purple in first before making a decision. I had the 11 pro in white and I loved the color then went with the graphite 12. White/Silver iPhones never disappoint and based on the comparison in the link below I'm sold on the silver.

Looks like like a nice cool white on the 14. Hopefully it is like that in person!

GoodGuy313

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
I wouldn't think of going with gold but would need to look at purple in first before making a decision. I had the 11 pro in white and I loved the color then went with the graphite 12. White/Silver iPhones never disappoint and based on the comparison in the link below I'm sold on the silver.

I picked silver this year just to get a lighter/white color instead of the deep colors. Seeing this now makes me happy.

Reactions: happy orchard

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
I ordered the 14 pro in silver and in store pick up was faster than shipping. My in store pick up order status shows September 16.

Reactions: bigjnyc

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
Ordered silver 256gb pro at 13:01 in the UK, got Friday 16th delivery! Looking forward to a change from space grey.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Team silver here too after years and years and years of the space gray phones.

I am stoked for it and can't wait to see it in real life - I think the two tone contrast will be really sharp and fresh!

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
Went with silver this year as well. Been a long time since I got a silver phone, but I mixed it up and got the silver MBP 16 when it was refreshed. Love the clean and modern look. Probably will upgrade my iPad in silver when the time comes as well!

Reactions: azt33 and Joseph C

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Went with silver this year as well. Been a long time since I got a silver phone, but I mixed it up and got the silver MBP 16 when it was refreshed. Love the clean and modern look. Probably will upgrade my iPad in silver when the time comes as well!
I'm with you - changed back to a silver Mac with my M1 MBP, Studio Display has a silver stand and if I get another iPad it'll be silver too. I'm going all in!

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
got A 17-20 date for my silver pro’s order. Looking at the comparison pic above it looks real nice. Love the silver on my 12Pro as well

sky87

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2015
If I don't remember wrongly, about an hour into pre-orders yesterday I noticed that most of the silver 14 Pros (all except the 1TB) were no longer available for store pickup and had shipping dates into October. Most of the other colours still had store pickup 16 Sep as an option. So the silver 14 Pros were definitely going out of stock faster than the other colours where I am.

But by today (a day after pre-orders started) all of the 14 Pros are not available for store pickup and have shipping dates into October...

Not sure if this is due to the silver being more popular or Apple just having less stock of them though!

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
My Silver 256 Pro is scheduled for September 16th delivery. I would have went with the base, but the 48MP camera is going to eat up all my storage.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
No I think the demand for Silver was greater than usual because people noticed the back glass is finally a sheer white as opposed to off white. It’s definitely not the most popular color this year, rather Apple underestimated the number of Silver models to produce for launch.

Joneszee904

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
I went into the preorder intending to either get the purple or space black. At the last second out of the blue, picked the silver. I wonder if a lot of other people did the same.

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
Ordered my first silver phone (I had a silver iPhone 5S but it was not stainless steel) and I’m worried about the scratch resistance…
Do you know if this color scratch even with an Apple leather case or with an ESR clear case for example ?

ESR Coque Transparente Compatible avec iPhone 14 Pro Max, Coque Fine en Silicone Antichoc, Coque Fine Transparente en TPU Résistante au Jaunissement, Série Project Zero, Transparente https://amzn.eu/d/gACZsU8

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Silver for the second year in a row for me - such a classic colour. Goes well with any case and always looks fresh.

I was disappointed in the purple. If it was more vibrant, I could see myself going with it, but they seemed to settle on a muddy grurple which is not to my taste.

Reactions: jamesrick80

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Ordered my first silver phone (I had a silver iPhone 5S but it was not stainless steel) and I’m worried about the scratch resistance…
Do you know if this color scratch even with an Apple leather case or with an ESR clear case for example ?

ESR Coque Transparente Compatible avec iPhone 14 Pro Max, Coque Fine en Silicone Antichoc, Coque Fine Transparente en TPU Résistante au Jaunissement, Série Project Zero, Transparente https://amzn.eu/d/gACZsU8
I wouldn’t worry about it, my 13 Pro is caseless and you don’t notice any scratches on the edge.

Reactions: timeconsumer

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
France
Ordered a Silver PM, shipping the week of Oct 18th. Always got black iPhone and more recently 12 PM pacific blue (really likes it). I hope I will like it and that it will match with various cases colors.

BabyFu18

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
Georgia
I went in wanting silver and even if the delivery date got pushed back out to October it’s fine I’d wait for the color I wanted. I had huge issues with AT&T that held up my preorder and by the time it went through the silver wasn’t available for store pickup at any stores in my area so a delayed delivery it is! I’m okay with it though, no big deal, but maybe the silver was more popular than anticipated.

rattler

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
I usually get the new exclusive “Pro” color (green with the 11 Pro, blue with 12 Pro and 13 Pro), but I didn’t like the purple at all. So, I got silver since I wanted something light colored. I wonder if a lot of others did the same, the purple seems to be pretty polarizing.

Reactions: Mr. Jenkins

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
Going with the silver this year, had the gold for a while, decided to go with the silver since I got the SS AW again this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.