Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Does anyone know if they changed up the shade of gold at all this year? That’s what I put my order in for pick up. I’m glad to be in the minority for gold

im also curious about this, from the hands-on videos it seems that is somehow different from the one we are used to.
BTW, i also ordered the gold one!

#GoldGang and yup, there is a very slight difference:

Screenshot 2022-09-12 010217.jpg

Reactions: JM

Willdr1991

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
I usually am all for the new shiny color but the shade of purple isn't doing it for me. Currently have the 13 PM in Sierra blue and almost went for the black. Once I started seeing pics of the silver iphone with it being a brighter shade of white than before I was all for it.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
It only takes one accidental drop to make you regret that decision
Not if you have AppleCare+.

Personally I have had every iPhone each year since iPhone 3GS, never had a case or a screen protector, only smashed a phone once and had it replaced within a few days for a small fee and never had problems with their durability, especially the last few years they're so durable and have been dropped now and then without having a single mark on them.

I don't baby them either. I throw my phones onto tables, onto the sofa, chuck it in the space in the car beneath my dash after plugging it in when I get in to drive.

I am glad I've never been anxious about them personally or felt the need to put cases or protectors on them, and can use them as designed and intended - as a daily tool - without fear.

Reactions: seajewel

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
So I ordered two 14 pro 256gb’s last night after hours of Xfinity Mobiles website crashing. When I was finally able to order, silver is an Oct 28 ship date when all other colors showed Sept 16.. did they make less silver thinking it wouldn’t be as popular or was it more popular than the two new colors and gold..🤷‍♂️ I still ordered Silver and a purple for the wife. I’m not one to buy something I don’t really want just to have it now
The website in never spot-on when there’s an ordering crush.
Also, you ordered hours after availability went live.
Seemen many, many (at least oh here) wanted the black. Silver could have been second choice.

• Haha
Reactions: jamesrick80

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Picking up my silver 14 pro tomorrow. Ordered online yesterday for in store pick up.
Yep. Based on the polls it looks like Black and Purple are the most popular, so it's probably more of a stock issue than popularity, but I'm returning my purple (haven't opened it, went and checked out both colors and prefer the Silver). I was able to order a Silver for pickup later today. Very excited! It does seem like Silver is not available for pick up anywhere around me now and the other colors except Gold are, but it's probably apple manufacturing way more of the purples/blacks than gold/silver.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
I've had the space gray 12 pro for the last two years. Yesterday I went through the checkout process for a 14 pro in silver with the chance to pick up next Friday. I was hesitant and said I should wait for the reviews to come out, so I did not complete the transaction. Later in the day I was tempted to process the order and it showed the 14 pro in silver unavailable for pick up next Friday. I'll wait until late November to get it.
I’ve had the XS space grey for 4 years and didn’t think about changing colour. I kind of wish I got the silver now.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
I always go with silver. I kept the XS for four years and it's still in immaculate condition. I never use screen protectors or cases either. Totally naked from day one. I'd say the silver iPhones wear the least. I can't see scratches on the silver band at all.
Are you not bored of silver? After having it for 4 years?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.